Northwestern & Michigan Status Checks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bruno

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with Northwestern's status check? All of my info disappeared about a day ago.

For those with U-Michigan interviews...how does the message on the status check change? Mine has never changed from "Application Status as of 08/30/2001:
We have received your application fee or waiver. Your application is being considered for further action."

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I also lost all of my information on Northwestern's status page. Thought it was a sign of rejection!

Yeah all of my info disappeared, too. I emailed the admissions office and asked if it was a rejection, but they said no, they're just having trouble with their systems right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bruno...that's weird. My Michigan status page reads...

Status as of 08/31/2001
Application complete or under review. Please allow two weeks for yada yada yada. Certainly different than yours

Have they asked you for letters of rec? They've got all my boxes checked, including letters, so maybe that's the difference.

Originally posted by Darwin:
•Hey Bruno...that's weird. My Michigan status page reads...

Status as of 08/31/2001
Application complete or under review. Please allow two weeks for yada yada yada. Certainly different than yours

Have they asked you for letters of rec? They've got all my boxes checked, including letters, so maybe that's the difference.•

Here's what I have checked: Application Fee Paid, Web Secondary Submitted, Pre-med Committee Evaluation.

Did you happen to get an interview already? I believe that Michigan doesn't formally ask for your letters of recommendation until you're formally granted an interview.

Under your current status it says:

Application Status as of 10/15/2001
An interview offer letter has been sent to you. You have several options for dates to interview. Please call the Admissions Office when you receive your letter to confirm your date. Interview date scheduled:

Bruno: Is your AMCAS app verified?
I didnt' get past your message until AMCAS verified my application

Mossjoh

i've had the same message as bruno on my michigan app the entire time. no interview yet or anything. my app was verified in august.

Originally posted by Mossjoh:
•Bruno: Is your AMCAS app verified?
I didnt' get past your message until AMCAS verified my application

Mossjoh•

Yep. I was verifed in mid-August. I might give them a call tomorrow.

My U Michican status says:

Application Status as of 07/31/2001
We have received your AMCAS application. We are requesting you to fill out the secondary on the web and to submit the application fee. If you have already done this, your file is being screened for further consideration. This can be a lengthy process, so we thank you for your patience.

I submitted the secondary and fee. Those are the only 2 boxes checked off. Should I give them a call?

For northwestern, my status page was finally "activated" (I can't download the secondary anymore) but, it has no information posted for me, and as far as I know, my app should be complete...yet another case of them running behind? Has anyone else gotten this?

My U Michican status says:

Application Status as of 07/31/2001
We have received your AMCAS application. We are requesting you to fill out the secondary on the web and to submit the application fee. If you have already done this, your file is being screened for further consideration. This can be a lengthy process, so we thank you for your patience.

I submitted the secondary and fee. Those are the only 2 boxes checked off. Should I give them a call?

Could someone kindly post the web address for Northwestern's status check page/secndary app page. I misplaced the letter with the address on it. Thanks!

serpiente - check out the status check compilation thread

For all of you who noticed that Northwestern pulled down all your data on their status check, don't worry. Mine was also missing, but they still added a button under my name where they invited me to interview. I noticed this yesterday, even though the same message was in place about not having the data up and everything. This was the only indication that I had been invited (no email or letter or anything else). So don't forget to check periodically, good news may be awaiting you!

gel1, you'll be getting a letter in the mail soon-- they update the status check page immediately and then send out letters by regular mail. good luck at your interview-- mine is this coming tuesday!