Not enough IM interviews 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalasseziaFurfur77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have only 11 interview invites so far and I am freaking out. +20 programs have not gotten back to me and I am wondering if I can still get some invites this late in the game? I emailed 4 programs that I am really interested in and 2 said they would put me on the waiting list and the other two never replied. Maybe I should have contacted them earlier?

I am from a top 40 US medical school. Messed up step 1 but rocked step 2. passed step 2 cs. outstanding letters. + research publications.

HELP :(

Members don't see this ad.

While it is certainly reasonable to inquire about a late interview with a program you are really interested in, I wouldn't be as worried about strictly matching...coming from an US med school and going to/ranking 10+ programs such as you already have should more or less guarantee you match somewhere unless you do something very poorly at all the interviews!

Hey folks,

I have only 11 interview invites so far and I am freaking out. +20 programs have not gotten back to me and I am wondering if I can still get some invites this late in the game? I emailed 4 programs that I am really interested in and 2 said they would put me on the waiting list and the other two never replied. Maybe I should have contacted them earlier?

I am from a top 40 US medical school. Messed up step 1 but rocked step 2. passed step 2 cs. outstanding letters. + research publications.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey folks,

Hey I wouldn't worry! I have a couple of friends with 9 interviews, and they are satisfied/relaxed. Is it at a wide variety of programs ("tier wise")?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks,

Assuming you are approximately an average interviewer, you have basically 100% of matching with 11 contiguous ranks (see graph from last year's match).

upload_2015-12-18_9-54-46.png

Reactions: 1 users
I am about to start breathing fire and melting snowflakes in here

@gutonc be ready for the reported posts, defend me to the our fascist overlords

Status
Not open for further replies.