Not getting interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted985251

Hey everyone, I submitted my primary on the first day, submitted all my secondaries to all 35 of my schools within a week of receiving them and so far only have 1 interview invite. I've already been rejected from 4 places and been put on hold (which I guess is a soft rejection) from 3 places. How worried should I be? I feel like everyone else is getting interview invites and they submitted their secondaries after I did.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you submit 35 schools in one week? It took me at least 3 weeks for 27 schools and I prewrote half of them. I also worked full time on writing then during those 3 weeks. Are you sure you did a good job on them? What are your stats?

I pre wrote a lot of my secondaries and I didn’t receive them all at once. I was working on my secondaries for like 1-1.5 months. I’m pretty sure I did a good job on them. My lm score is 73

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you submit 35 schools in one week? It took me at least 3 weeks for 27 schools and I prewrote half of them. I also worked full time on writing then during those 3 weeks. Are you sure you did a good job on them? What are your stats?

He said he submitted his secondaries within a week of receiving the secondary, not within the same week.

OP, you can take a little comfort in your II so far - it’s a good indicator you haven’t got any glaring red flags!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone, I submitted my primary on the first day, submitted all my secondaries to all 35 of my schools within a week of receiving them and so far only have 1 interview invite. I've already been rejected from 4 places and been put on hold (which I guess is a soft rejection) from 3 places. How worried should I be? I feel like everyone else is getting interview invites and they submitted their secondaries after I did.

You've received one interview invite before Thanksgiving.... The others may dribble in between now and mid-December. The adcoms aren't as quick at reading them as you were at submitting them.

Reactions: 6 users
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Not you, but SDNers are advised to NOT think in the mindset of “I sent in my apps; where are my interviews???”

• Love
Reactions: 2 users