Not Reporting MCAT Scores???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnookieDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to one school and waitlisted at my top choice. The school that I was waitlisted at suggested to retake the MCAT and said if I do better then that could help me getting in for this cycle.

If I take the mcat and do worse, do I HAVE to report that to the school that I was accepted to????? If I do worse i'm scared that the school that I was accepted to will not want me anymore.

Can someone please offer me some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to one school and waitlisted at my top choice. The school that I was waitlisted at suggested to retake the MCAT and said if I do better then that could help me getting in for this cycle.

If I take the mcat and do worse, do I HAVE to report that to the school that I was accepted to????? If I do worse i'm scared that the school that I was accepted to will not want me anymore.

If you already have an acceptance from that school, they aren't going to reneg on it. Likewise I really wouldn't see a need to send them the scores whether you do better or worse.

So are you saying that if you retake the MCAT after getting an acceptance you dont have to send the new MCAT scores to the school?

Is this unethical and will the school find out?

Members don't see this ad :)

Honestly unless the school you got accepted to is Ross University or SGU I wouldn't be that interested in retaking.

Don't quote me on this because, frankly, I have no evidence to back anything up.

Anyway. I think it would probably be seen as unethical to not report your score to the school that's accepted you. We have to submit all of our transcripts to schools no matter how insignificant. Also, hiding a transcript, even if it's just a 1 credit course at some no-name community college, will probably result in your acceptance being revoked if it gets found out. With such weight behind these scores, it implies that schools absolutely demand to know everything we've done.

By extension, I think that schools would want to know about all of your MCAT scores.

Once you've gone through the process of applying, interviewing, processing, etc and getting accepted it seems HIGHLY unlikely that they would reconsider your admission. You can probably safely assume that your new MCAT score will not be considerably worse than your original. Take it over and send the score to both schools. They will respect you being straight up with them.