not to dwell on the negative...

Started by Martee527
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Martee527

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do schools typically send out rejection letters? I am so nervous about getting bad news! I just feel like I need to know when to expect it....if it's coming my way. 😛
 
I think usually around the time they give out interview notifications, or a little after.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The earliest I heard of was KSU last year in December before Christmas (I know I got one, but I still got in). The rest for me came February or later.
 
Wait, so it's possible to get rejected and then later accepted?
Yeah, freaked me out too. Of course its debatable that my rejection letter was actually a rejection letter. It "basically said we are not interested at this time but we'll keep you on file." To me thats a big fat rejection, apparently I was wrong.🙄
 
I must be the only person who's not nervous. Not because I think I'm a shoo-in or anything, I've just never been one to get nervous (i.e. before tests, etc).
 
Yeah, freaked me out too. Of course its debatable that my rejection letter was actually a rejection letter. It "basically said we are not interested at this time but we'll keep you on file." To me thats a big fat rejection, apparently I was wrong.🙄
Ah, gotcha. I'll make sure to pay close attention to the wording of whatever correspondence I get.