Notifying first choice school of other acceptances, post II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MDPHDhopeful07

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from schools! A quick question: I've so far received acceptances from multiple MSTP programs, and am still waiting to hear back from many more. While I'm thrilled about these offers, there is at least one school that I haven't heard back from that is my first-choice program. I made that clear in my interviews and my thank-you emails.

So - considering that said school hasn't sent out acceptances yet, is it helpful (or even appropriate) to send them an email along the lines of "right now I've been accepted to # schools "x,y,z" but school "a" is still my first choice"? Anyone who has done something like this previously?

Thank you!
 
I say just wait it out without contacting.

because..

1. The fact you have multiple acceptances means you are a strong candidate. Therefore, it gives the schools no more useful information saying you were accepted elsewhere.

2. You already made it clear in interviews/ thank-you's that you liked the school. I am sure this is already noted on your file. If anything, I would wait until the wait-list phase of the cycle to send them a reminder, but I think it is way too early now.