NOVA 2010...whoot, whoot!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

isotope1979

NSU 2010
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see who I will be sitting next to in class!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Isotope -

I will most likely be sitting next to you in class at NSU next year! I just have to figure out how to pay that huge deposit first....

I'll be in your class next year! just outta curiosity... why'd you pick this school over the others that you got accepted to? I had some friends who went there and after interview i thought the program was great. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I HOPE I will be sitting next to you next year. :) I will know soon enough... :scared:

I chose NSU over the other schools I got into because I'm a Florida resident and it is a lot cheaper than the other schools I got into (about $12,000 cheaper). Plus, it wouldn't be a big move for me (it's about 45 minutes away from where I currently live). Also - I really got a good feel for the school during the interview and could see myself there. Anyone else have any comments on why they chose NSU?

Is it hard to get into nova when you're an out of state applicant?? i sent in my secondary awhile back and still havent heard from them.

i dont think theres TOO much of a difference... when i interviewed only 1/5 kids were from florida

NUcat1 said:
Is it hard to get into nova when you're an out of state applicant?? i sent in my secondary awhile back and still havent heard from them.

Since NSU is private, I don't think they favor in-state too much. On the NSU Fast Facts sheet I have, it says that 54% are in state vs. 46% out of state.

Does anybody know what kind of laptop we need? I'd like to get an apple.

DarkWingDuck said:

There is no laptop requirement for us. Some other programs (like dental) do need one and it is even part of their budget for the first semester. But we do no need one.

So..you can get that apple if you really want to...makes no difference...
Hope that cleared that up for ya

Karina

isotope1979 said:
Just curious to see who I will be sitting next to in class!!!! :)

what are your stats? and what are everyone else's that were accepted?

im also curious about everyone's stats..i interviewed on 11/18..and they said they will start letting ppl know on 12/2 or 12/5..this friday!!! im so scareeeed...eeks!

I got accepted after a 11/11 interveiw and recieved the news on 11/21, mcat 27(v10 ps9 bs8 and Q) science gpa 3.3, overall 3.4, post bac 4.0

Members don't see this ad :)
hey packer..have you decided to attend nsu? or are you passing it up for another school..just wondering..thx

mikeypo0 said:
hey packer..have you decided to attend nsu? or are you passing it up for another school..just wondering..thx

I am sending the deposit when I get the packet. Nova has a lot going for it including the MPH, great facilities, and rotations through major Broward and Miami hospitals

DarkWingDuck said:
One thing that ppl complain about (I know, we are like pre-schoolers) is that there are not enough plug-ins for laptops. There are very few in the lecture halls, in the general halls, cafeteria. I am probably not in the majority, but I use my laptop a ton when I am on campus.

I have a total battery life of about 8 hours (run it down nearly every day) and my computer weighs about 2.5lbs--one of the best investments that I have made. I hear people say all the time that 1. Their laptop is too heavy, and thus it doesn't make sense to carry it around everywhere, and 2. That their battery life is less than three hours so it is a waste to even bring it.

--Keep these things in mind when considering investing in a laptop. Congrats to everyone on their acceptances. :)

care to share the particular laptop your using?? rite now im on a dell laptop..weight is average..about 5-6 lbs..and 5-6 hr battery life..thx

I have a Dell Latitude x300, which I believe has now been replaced by a next generation X2 or something of the sort. Extended length battery is definately a saver.

And for all those who want to know what finals are like...Starting tomorrow, I have 8 tests before the 16th (Biochem, CP, OPP, OPP Lab, Physiology, Gross, Gross Lab, Histology, Histology lab). :-D I think I'm going to bring a mattress the the library. Enjoy your freedom, it is definately less here (although not non-existant, we can have a lot of fun when we want).

kaikai128 said:
I have a Dell Latitude x300, which I believe has now been replaced by a next generation X2 or something of the sort. Extended length battery is definately a saver.

And for all those who want to know what finals are like...Starting tomorrow, I have 8 tests before the 16th (Biochem, CP, OPP, OPP Lab, Physiology, Gross, Gross Lab, Histology, Histology lab). :-D I think I'm going to bring a mattress the the library. Enjoy your freedom, it is definately less here (although not non-existant, we can have a lot of fun when we want).

Test? We have a test next week? :eek: She's right guy's enjoy it while you can, your life is about to change dramatically! Congrats to all of you that have been accepted.

I've always like it when the boys tell me that I am right. :-D

I Got In I Got In...nsu 2010 Here I Come

I have been waiting for AWHILE to hear back from them and I sent in my stuff long time ago. How long did you guys wait to hear bout an interview?? is it still early in the admissions process?? everytime i call they say they're still looking at my file. any advice???

people usually say..the longer they look at your file..the better the chances you have..so i wouldnt worry too much, and also i pretty much got invited for an interview 2 or 3 weeks after i sent in my secondary..and this was fairly early in the cycle september-october...rite now..i feel its a little late in the app cycle..probably around the time when propsective alllopathic students that dont get into their allo schools start applying to DO schools..which mite make it a little more competitive to get in...

this is all speculation though, when exacty did you fill out everything...

oh yea..and i got an interview invite without my LOR's..i sent in a week after the interview invitation..so my file was complete a good month and a half before the interview..the reason why there was such a big gap in time between the interview invite and the actual interview was mainly due to the hurricane season..

best of luck

i sent in EVERYTHING around mid or end of october at the latest.

i sent in everything mid or late october.

I sent my stuff in 9/8...got interview invite 9/20...scheduled for interview 11/18...

Its possible that at this stage in the app. cycle..they are flooded with applicants..just be a little more patient..(i know easier said than done)

for me: i only had 2 interview invites (AZCOM, NSU) and i got waitlisted at AZCOM...so I was nervous/anxious/scared to find out the results from NSU...but everything turned out great...i hope everything works out for you too...good luck

thanks for the advice. its just that i got into LECOM erie but i'd rather go somewhere else like nova or pcom.

quick question for all you current NSU students ..are there any rivalries between any of the schools at NSU?? like do the dental students hate on the DO..or the PA hate on the nurses??

just curious because i know we will be sharing classes with a mix of different health professionals..

mikeypo0 said:
quick question for all you current NSU students ..are there any rivalries between any of the schools at NSU?? like do the dental students hate on the DO..or the PA hate on the nurses??

just curious because i know we will be sharing classes with a mix of different health professionals..
I don't notice it at all if it does exist. Our histology class and head and neck portion of gross are the only classes that are mixed right now--and they are medical and dental. Our professor jokingly says that they put us together every now and then just so that we can breed outside of our own class. When we have big outings (class run), we invite other the other professional schools along with our own class.

sounds like fun..cant wait! btw..gluck on ur finals kai..!! try to get some sleep!

mikeypo0 said:
I Got In I Got In...nsu 2010 Here I Come

I got into Nova also. I am still deciding. Why did you decide to go here? Was it a hard decision - did you have to choose from a few schools?

mandolin said:
I got into Nova also. I am still deciding. Why did you decide to go here? Was it a hard decision - did you have to choose from a few schools?

first of all...we're all rockstars for getting in to med school! but, like mandolin, i'm still trying to figure out which school to go to. Why nova people? (i got into Western U COMP and still waiting on other schools..)

Skooled2much said:
first of all...we're all rockstars for getting in to med school! but, like mandolin, i'm still trying to figure out which school to go to. Why nova people? (i got into Western U COMP and still waiting on other schools..)

...cuz NSU is awesome! lol but really, it has great facilities (including a new rec center for students..finished building this summer), early clinical exposure, and many affiliated hospitals. The school is located in FL, so of course the weather is sunny and beautiful beach temperature. As for some of the unfavorable things you might hear about the school like dress code and attendance, from what i've heard from current students, they are not very strict at all. Also, they impliment an open door policy for all teachers, so they are always there to help. Plus, the c/o 2010, at least those on SDN, seem to be a great group of ppl :D hope this helped answer you and mandolin's question