Nova and Arizona Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember whether or not they said to call or wait. Does anyone know if they email, update the aadsas, or just snail mail.
Thanks
Jason

Members don't see this ad.

so is calling Nova out of the question?

Members don't see this ad :)
JMoney said:
so is calling Nova out of the question?

personally I don't remmember anything about phone calls (specifically not calling ) at my interview. My interviewers just told me that I'm going to hear from NOVA on December 1st. Like they said to some of my other friends. I'll Just wait and see..

I know that Arizona used to call everyone who was accepted. I'm not sure if they still do this because the admissions chair is different now, but they usually only accept about a third of the class on December 1st anyway. If they don't call you by the end of December 1st, I don't think you will be in the first set of acceptances. I probably wouldn't call until I was accepted to other schools and nearing my deadlines to pay them money to hold my spot. If you are supposed to send Nova a thousand bucks in a week, but you would rather go to AZ, I would call to tell them your situation.

My advice - don't call AZ unless you are about to donate a thousand bucks to a lower choice school. I still had to though. You're welcome Nova students. I hope you are enjoying my donation to ensure that I would be at least be attending A dental school.

Good luck tomorrow

ElDienteLoco said:
I know that Arizona used to call everyone who was accepted. I'm not sure if they still do this because the admissions chair is different now, but they usually only accept about a third of the class on December 1st anyway. If they don't call you by the end of December 1st, I don't think you will be in the first set of acceptances. I probably wouldn't call until I was accepted to other schools and nearing my deadlines to pay them money to hold my spot. If you are supposed to send Nova a thousand bucks in a week, but you would rather go to AZ, I would call to tell them your situation.

My advice - don't call AZ unless you are about to donate a thousand bucks to a lower choice school. I still had to though. You're welcome Nova students. I hope you are enjoying my donation to ensure that I would be at least be attending A dental school.

Good luck tomorrow

In the past did Arizona do everything online? I was notified about the secondary app and interview through email. I just assumed they would send acceptances this way too. Why do they only accept 1/3 of the class on Dec 1st?

I called AZ yesterday and they told me that they are not sending out emails and that they are actually putting the envelopes in the mail on Dec. 1st. But to be honest, the people telling me this didn't seem like they knew this answer entirely..kinda like they asked someone in the back ground and that person made their best guess. I never realy heard from them that you couldn't call. I really doubt they're going to change their acceptance selections based on the fact that you were too eager to find out if you were accepted at their school. I'm sure they are going to be receiving a ton of phone calls and so your phone call won't be any different, therefore your name will be just another bothersome person calling that they'll have to deal with. I mean, what else do they expect to be happening in their office on a day like December first......PHONES RINGING OFF THE HOOK. That's life and I'm sure they're ready for it.

Arizona calls. i know. they just called me at 7:15am....go crazy!

mepstein said:
Arizona calls. i know. they just called me at 7:15am....go crazy!

Congrats man! I'll be praying for that phone call! Is AZ your first choice?