Nova class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LBS615

LBS615
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone starting at nova this fall 2005? Any older students starting there this fall? I am 26 (will be 27 when I start when I start at nova). I am starting at a later age because I already have two degrees (see my profile). :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats...Which campus are u gonna be attending

ApothRM said:
Congrats...Which campus are u gonna be attending

Thanks for the congrats. I requested to go to the Davie campus- it is much closer to me than the WPB campus. Hopefully I will get it since I requested it back in November and sent in the deposit then. I have not heard from Nova since I got my acceptance letter (besides a x-mas card they sent me). I know they received my deposit because I called them- is this normal not to hear anything for a while after your acceptance letter. Which campus do you go to? Plus I work in Ft. Laudy and I am planning to work per diem when I start (which means my hospital will float me between Ft. Laudy and Miami) so that is also why the Davie campus is better. How do you like the program? Some people I know who went there said it was very hard- others said it was do-able. I still want to have a life while I am in school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I attend the davie campus.. I love it there. It is difficult, however, I still have a life. Some classes are do-able and some are alot of work...(like biochem). The professors are extremely helpful, and our class is very close. I think Nova has a great curriculm, and the school provides you with alot of opportunites to pursue extracurriculars.

I wish you luck in getting into the davie campus. The upper classmen have played a huge part in my success in the past semester. Hopefully we can help your class just as much as they have helped mine. Let me know if you have any questions.. I would be glad to help a future Knight..

ApothRM said:
I attend the davie campus.. I love it there. It is difficult, however, I still have a life. Some classes are do-able and some are alot of work...(like biochem). The professors are extremely helpful, and our class is very close. I think Nova has a great curriculm, and the school provides you with alot of opportunites to pursue extracurriculars.

I wish you luck in getting into the davie campus. The upper classmen have played a huge part in my success in the past semester. Hopefully we can help your class just as much as they have helped mine. Let me know if you have any questions.. I would be glad to help a future Knight..

Thanks so much for the input! I had a lot of nutritional biochem in grad school so hopefully that will help. My boyfriend and I get a little nervous about the time constraints since I want to work a few hours a week too- but I think it will be ok. I have heard from past Nova grads that the upperclassman are a big help. Once again thanks!

LBS,

You're going to love Nova. It's a great school. Granted, it is very tough and rigourous, but getting in is the hardest part. If I can offer you advice, start saving money now for a new wardrobe before you start school. At Nova, they have a "professional dress" dress code where you have to either be dressed up or in scrubs. I don't believe you can wear scrubs until your second or third semester. I wish my school had the same policy. I think you need to look professional, to learn how to act professional, to learn how to be a professional.(if that makes sense) Just my opinion though! Goodluck!!

Caverject said:
I think you need to look professional, to learn how to act professional, to learn how to be a professional.(if that makes sense) Just my opinion though! Goodluck!!

Hah, you sound like my boyfriend. He literally has never once worn a pair of jeans to school... heck, he won't even wear them period. "They look unprofessional!" The 'worst' he'll ever wear is t-shirts, and those are just around the house or for playing basketball. I can't remember a time where he's worn a t-shirt in public.

I have to agree though, once I start in professional school I plan on dressing the part and I think everyone should. However, I don't know that I'd wish a dress code on anyone... these are the last years that we don't necesarily *need* to dress professionally!

Nova Southeastern's program, just like WVU's program, is located in a dedicated building for health professionals. Heck, your school is out of a hospital!! I don't know if I'd go to the extreme of not wearing tshirts or jeans on the weekend, cause it's my favorite attire! LOL

caverject-

Thanks for the note. I did know about the dress code- but that won't be a prob- I work full time now in a hospital as a clinical dietitian and we have to dress professionally. My friend who is graduating this year from Nova, PharmD, said you can wear scrubs once you get you Nova lab coats- which takes about a month. I am excited to go- i heard it is a great program.

LBS615 said:
Anyone starting at nova this fall 2005? Any older students starting there this fall? I am 26 (will be 27 when I start when I start at nova). I am starting at a later age because I already have two degrees (see my profile). :rolleyes:

hey LBS615,
I will be attending NOVA this fall. I just turned 23.
See you at Nova.

pkot said:
hey LBS615,
I will be attending NOVA this fall. I just turned 23.
See you at Nova.

Congrats! :D
What campus do you want to attend? I just got info today about orientation on July 31st. It starts soon....see you there!

LBS615 said:
Congrats! :D
What campus do you want to attend? I just got info today about orientation on July 31st. It starts soon....see you there!
I am assuming Davie. They never mentioned anything and thats what I picked. I cant believe how fast time is going!

pkot said:
I am assuming Davie. They never mentioned anything and thats what I picked. I cant believe how fast time is going!

I got my orientations stuff on saturday and I got Davie. I know it is coming soon and I am getting a bit nervous about going back to school, about getting soooo in debt- I am sure a lot of people share my fears. It will be here before we know it.

LBS615 said:
I got my orientations stuff on saturday and I got Davie. I know it is coming soon and I am getting a bit nervous about going back to school, about getting soooo in debt- I am sure a lot of people share my fears. It will be here before we know it.
where did it say Davie campus? B/c what I got was a memorandum and we have to go to the website specified and print everything out ourselves.

pkot said:
where did it say Davie campus? B/c what I got was a memorandum and we have to go to the website specified and print everything out ourselves.

it should tell you what time on your letter from Nova - it is under #6- orientation schedule- it is 11am on July 31st if you are attending Davie or I think 5pm that same day if you are going to attend WPB. Mine told me to come at 11am as a student of the ft. lauderdale campus.

LBS615 said:
it should tell you what time on your letter from Nova - it is under #6- orientation schedule- it is 11am on July 31st if you are attending Davie or I think 5pm that same day if you are going to attend WPB. Mine told me to come at 11am as a student of the ft. lauderdale campus.
I will be at the Ft.Lauderdale campus. see you there.

pkot said:
I will be at the Ft.Lauderdale campus. see you there.

see ya next month!