Nova Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hi there. Also from TX. Where else did you receive an interview?
So far I've only received interviews to Nova and UDM.

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #2
School:
Nova
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
GPA (overall, science): 3.63, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/18/2020
Method of Interview: In-person

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2
School:
Nova
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Residency: Texas
GPA (overall, science): 3.63, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/21/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/18/2020
congrats! when did you fill your application?

I also received an invite from Nova and I am not sure if it would be a good idea to travel especially since Florida is pretty high risk with COVID-19 right now. Would safety concerns be a valid reason to email them and schedule a virtual interview? I am worried that this might be something the admissions frown upon. I am from out of state btw. Thanks!

Interview #2
School: NSU
Notification date: 8/7/2020
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 7/25
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.31, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23/24/25/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/2/2020
Method of Interview: In-Person

I also received an invite from Nova and I am not sure if it would be a good idea to travel especially since Florida is pretty high risk with COVID-19 right now. Would safety concerns be a valid reason to email them and schedule a virtual interview? I am worried that this might be something the admissions frown upon. I am from out of state btw. Thanks!
I would say it's valid. That whole area is a huge hotspot and has been since March. Really surprised they are even doing in person.

Was there a supplementary fee we are supposed pay after getting our application verified? I haven't heard anything from them and it's been a few days.

Was there a supplementary fee we are supposed pay after getting our application verified? I haven't heard anything from them and it's been a few days.
You will receive it 5 days after you’ve applied to the program via email

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview at NOVA! Are they allowing virtual interviews? I am in ND and would prefer to do that but also don't want to request it if that shows comes off as unprofessional and not committed.

Received an interview earlier this morning!
Residency: South Carolina

Just received an interview as well. Is there anyone who is oos traveling to florida? I rather see the school in person.

Nope, just 2000 miles away from the school and wanted to avoid traveling anywhere by plane! Also had at risk family members I didn't want to expose.
Okay! I'm 2091 miles so beat ya there lol I'm hoping not to travel either though

Just received an interview as well. Is there anyone who is oos traveling to florida? I rather see the school in person.
I would love to see the campus in person too because I've heard it's beautiful, but I would be subject to an unpaid quarantine upon my return and I live with my grandmother. I think I'm going to have to opt for virtual. :(

Interview #2
School:
Nova
Notification date: 9/1/2020
GPA (overall, science): 3.85, not sure but higher
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/28/2020

Reactions: 1 users
In the interview email they say to contact them if you can't attend your in-person interview. Has anyone reached out and asked for a virtual interview? I'm from NJ so not too far but I have grandparents living in my house plus mandatory unpaid quarantine from work. Trying to navigate asking for virtual but wondering if anyone else did this.

In the interview email they say to contact them if you can't attend your in-person interview. Has anyone reached out and asked for a virtual interview? I'm from NJ so not too far but I have grandparents living in my house plus mandatory unpaid quarantine from work. Trying to navigate asking for virtual but wondering if anyone else did this.
I sent an email to see if virtual interview is possible. If not, asked what kind of preventative measures they are taking.

I'd suggest to all of you OOS going virtual. Try to reach out admissions, they're super nice, pretty sure they'll understand. I'm from the area and I don't think it's safe to come here now.

Hi I am from canada and I asked for a virtual interview and they are ok with that they just send you a new link to book your interview. best of luck!!

I emailed for a virtual too. Wonder if the dates are the same

My virtual interview is next Tuesday. And they haven't sent me any zoom meeting ID or link yet. Could anyone who has attended the virtual interview share their experience?

Interview #3
School: Nova
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (overall, science): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/18/ RC16
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/6/2020

Just got an interview at NOVA! Are they allowing virtual interviews? I am in ND and would prefer to do that but also don't want to request it if that shows comes off as unprofessional and not committed.
Received an interview earlier this morning!
Congrats you all! would you guys pls fill out this especially mail-out date?
Interview #2
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview:

Interview #2
School:
Nova
GPA (overall, science): 3.85, not sure but higher
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/28/2020
Congrats! could you pls also share your mail out date?

Interview #4
Residency: ND
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 7/06
GPA (science, overall): 3.76 science, 3.78 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/22/20/18/QR is 14.
Dates available OR your interview date:starting September
Method of interview: Virtual for me

Congrats you all! would you guys pls fill out this especially mail-out date?
Interview #2
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview:
Interview #4
Notification date: 9/1
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 7/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.31
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/15/Yes
Interview Date: 11/06/2020 In person

Interview #1
Residency: California
GPA (overall, science): 2.89 , 3.09
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/20/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30/2020

For those who already had their in-person interviews for this cycle-- was it the same format as before? How heavily should I rely on the interview information on sdn when preparing for my interview?

Does anyone know how the virtual interviews work? Will they send me a zoom meeting ID later? I only signed up for the virtual interview but I can't find many details about it.

Interview #1
Residency: California
GPA (overall, science): 2.89 , 3.09
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/20/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/30/2020
When did you submit your application?

Does anyone know how the virtual interviews work? Will they send me a zoom meeting ID later? I only signed up for the virtual interview but I can't find many details about it.
The admissions director will send you an email a day or two before your interview with links to the different zoom meetings and instructions. The interview was super chill and everyone was really nice!

Do you guys think an in-person interview is more advantageous? If anyone has already had theirs this cycle, can you please share your experience? I'm OOS and will be flying down in a couple of weeks but it looks like most people are opting for virtual...

The admissions director will send you an email a day or two before your interview with links to the different zoom meetings and instructions. The interview was super chill and everyone was really nice!
Was the interview one on one? and how long was it? I'm so nervous!

Hey guys, do you think it's too late to apply today for Nova?
Tommorow is later than today. If you feel ready to apply then do it. You probably have a low chance to get a pre December invite but still have a chance to get an invite i believe

Was the interview one on one? and how long was it? I'm so nervous!
The first hour and a half you are on a zoom call with all the other people interviewing (about 10). During that time the director of admissions, some students and the dean just talk to everyone about the school. Then you get your own time slot for a 30 minute individual interview. You'll be fine it was really low-stress!

The first hour and a half you are on a zoom call with all the other people interviewing (about 10). During that time the director of admissions, some students and the dean just talk to everyone about the school. Then you get your own time slot for a 30 minute individual interview. You'll be fine it was really low-stress!
Thank you for sharing this!! I'm sooo excited!

Interview #3

GPA/SGPA: 3.54/3.4
DAT: 23AA
OOS

Glad I got an interview but my interview dates were all in December? I saw that people who got one at the start of september are interviewing WAY earlier than me. What gives?

Guys who scheduled for an online interview. Did you first schedule for an in person and then switched it to online or you just contacted Mr. Mendes?

Interview #2
School: NOVA
Notification date: 9/10/2020
Residency: Canada
GPA (overall, science): 3.91 , 3.88
cDAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/21/NA
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/04/2020

@Dr.Deadpool97 I was wondering the same thing but just scheduled one because the Nov 18th slot filled up after I refreshed the page.