Nova Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: Nova Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: Dental Medicine Doctoral Program Admissions | NSU College of Dental Medicine

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.53
Science GPA: 3.46
DAT: 20.8AA, 21.3TS, 19.4PAT
Applied: 2,280
OOS: 1,447 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 89 Accepted
IS: 651 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 158 Accepted
International: 182 Applied, N/A Interviewed, 18 Accepted
# Enrolled: 122

Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.53
DAT: 20.8AA, 20.7TS, 19.9PAT
Applied: 2,407
OOS: 1,154 Applied, 140 Accepted
IS: 654 Applied, 156 Accepted
International: 199 Applied, 27 Accepted
# Enrolled: 125
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 2.98-3.98
Overall: 3.10-3.98

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They ask for all the dental programs I apply to. And if I received interviews. What’s the reason?
they want to see if other schools want you as well. NYU asked similar questions. I had 5 interviews at the time, I told them I didn't want to disclose that information (and I was still accepted dec. 15th). To me, it feels as if you had only one interview with NOVA, and no others, disclose it. If you have multiple I wouldn't as they might not put you near the top of the acceptance list and you could be waiting for a while if on the waitlist before they accept you.

It's a game some schools like to play. If they're asking this early in the application, I wouldn't lie, but if you are able to not tell them I wouldn't disclose that info.

If you absolutely have to, then do it but it's so early in the cycle you can say no to the interviews portion.

they want to see if other schools want you as well. NYU asked similar questions. I had 5 interviews at the time, I told them I didn't want to disclose that information (and I was still accepted dec. 15th). To me, it feels as if you had only one interview with NOVA, and no others, disclose it. If you have multiple I wouldn't as they might not put you near the top of the acceptance list and you could be waiting for a while if on the waitlist before they accept you.

It's a game some schools like to play. If they're asking this early in the application, I wouldn't lie, but if you are able to not tell them I wouldn't disclose that info.

If you absolutely have to, then do it but it's so early in the cycle you can say no to the interviews portion.
They also don't give you enough characters to list all of the schools and the status of each one (200 characters). Can I list just a few schools?

How will NOVA know that I submitted my supplemental? It doesn't ask for a DENTPIN or CAS ID. Will they just match up the names and birthday? Also, in AADSAS, it shows my application is under review. However, on the NSU website, it says that they haven't received my letters of recs, official DAT, etc.

How will NOVA know that I submitted my supplemental? It doesn't ask for a DENTPIN or CAS ID. Will they just match up the names and birthday? Also, in AADSAS, it shows my application is under review. However, on the NSU website, it says that they haven't received my letters of recs, official DAT, etc.
Same!

I submitted my ADASSAS app and supplemental a week ago, but they still sent me an email telling me to fill out the supplemental application two days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why their portal link on their website doesn’t open? Where can I pay for the application fee?

I have already submitted the supplemental and paid the feel, but I keep getting emails saying I need to submit the supplemental. Can I ignore these? I did get a voicemail saying my application is being reviewed.

I have already submitted the supplemental and paid the feel, but I keep getting emails saying I need to submit the supplemental. Can I ignore these? I did get a voicemail saying my application is being reviewed.
Call them and ask. I submitted a few weeks back and have not gotten any additional emails regarding submitting a supplemental app

I completed the supplemental on June 7th but it still shows my transcripts have not been received on the NSU portal. Does anyone else's portal show this? Everything else from AADSAS has been uploaded

I completed the supplemental on June 7th but it still shows my transcripts have not been received on the NSU portal. Does anyone else's portal show this? Everything else from AADSAS has been uploaded
This can happen with portals. Did you ever receive an email from Nova about your app being completed and ready for review? Or does Nova only use their portal system for tracking your application?

Your app should have been sent as one file, so your transcript would have been included with your application. Chances are they haven't confirmed it on their end but it should be there. Have you contacted them if you didn't receive and app complete/app received email?

Interview #5
Notification date:
8/2
Method of notification:
Email
Residency:
IS
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/3/23
Application complete date:
6/6/23
GPA
(science, overall): Science 3.90, Overall 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/no
Method of interview: in-person earliest available is 8/9

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #1
Notification date:
8/2
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/10/23
Application complete date: 6/29/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.71, Overall 3.70
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/23/19/none
Method of interview: In-person

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
Notification date: 8/2
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30/23
Application complete date: 6/5/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.42, Overall 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/22/23/no
Method of interview: In-person 9/27

Interview #4
Notification date:
8/2
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/2/23
Application complete date: 6/6/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.94, Overall 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 23AA, 22TS, 28PAT

Interview # 2
Notification date:
8/2
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/5/23
Application complete date: Not sure, they called to let me know my app was complete
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.69, Overall 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22AA, 23TS, 19PAT -none below 17

Interview #2
Notification date:
8/2
AADSAS mail-out date:
6/6/23
Application complete date: 6/12/23
GPA (science, overall): Science 3.76, Overall 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 26/25/20/no
Method of interview: in-person earliest available is 8/9. My date is 9/1.

Interview #3
Notification Date: 8/2
Method of Notification: e-mail
AADSAS mail out date: 5/31
Application complete: 6/6
GPA: (science, overall): science: 3.93, Overall: 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/22/21/ no
Method of interview: in person

Interview # 3
School: NSU
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/30
Application complete date: 05/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/19/19/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/9 first available

For some reason, my supplemental app still says I am missing my AADSAS application, DAT scores and Recommendation Letters even though I already cross checked with AADSAS that they have sent everything almost a month ago. Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Is this the email we are supposed to contact with any issues regarding our secondary application: [email protected]?

Interview #5
Notification date:
8/2
Residency: OOS (AZ)
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: 6/2
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.77; Overall: 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 23 TS, 23 PAT, 30RC, No
Method of interview: In person only - earliest available was next week!

Interview #2
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/15
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.86 Overall: 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA, 23 TS, 24 PAT, 28 RC, NO
Method of interview: In person

Quote Reply

Last edited:
Interview # 4
School: NOVA
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 05/31
Application complete date: 06/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.99, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/22/22/No

Anyone know if the NOVA interview is group or one-on-one? There seems to be conflicting answers.

It looks like their letters of evaluation requirements differ from most schools. They ask for two from science instructors and one from a liberal arts instructor. They highly recommend a fourth evaluation from a dentist.

Wondering if anyone can speak to the required liberal art instructor evaluation?

It looks like their letters of evaluation requirements differ from most schools. They ask for two from science instructors and one from a liberal arts instructor. They highly recommend a fourth evaluation from a dentist.

Wondering if anyone can speak to the required liberal art instructor evaluation?
I just had one from a dentist and two from profs and they said it was fine

Interview #4
Notification Date: 8/2
Residency: International (Non-Canadian)
AADSAS mail-out date: 5/30
Application complete date: call on 6/6
GPA (science, overall): cGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 3.7
DAT: AA: 22 TS: 21 PAT: 18
(20 QR 30 RC 20 BIO 21 CHE 21 OCHEM)

I submitted my ADASSAS app and supplemental a week ago, but they still sent me an email telling me to fill out the supplemental application two days ago.
Did they email you the supplemental?

Have any more interviews come out besides the 8/2?

For some reason, my supplemental app still says I am missing my AADSAS application, DAT scores and Recommendation Letters even though I already cross checked with AADSAS that they have sent everything almost a month ago. Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Is this the email we are supposed to contact with any issues regarding our secondary application: [email protected]?
Did they fix it? I'm having the same problem and I don't know if I should call them and ask

Did they fix it? I'm having the same problem and I don't know if I should call them and ask
Hi, I emailed and they fixed it soon later. They said they fix it closer to the time it is to review your application so I would just wait! If you do have any questions you can email [email protected] not the email I reached out to above. The only thing that still hasn't updated for me was transcripts but I believe that look at that later.

Interview #2

School: NOVA

URM/ORM?: ORM

Notification date: 9/11/23

Residency: FL

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13/23

Application complete date: 8/11/23

GPA (science, overall): 3.95/3.94

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/30/No

Your interview date: 10/26/23 (other options available)

Would anyone interviewed at Nova mind sharing a bit about your experience? I am having my interview this week (it is my first interview so I am super nervous:oops:). Thanks in advance!!

Would anyone interviewed at Nova mind sharing a bit about your experience? I am having my interview this week (it is my first interview so I am super nervous:oops:). Thanks in advance!!
It’s super laid-back. The interview itself was very conversational and 1-on-1 with a faculty member. The rest of it was pretty much like any other school (tour, lunch, convo with students, hear about different parts of the school, etc).

Reactions: 4 users
For those who got an interview recently, did you receive a call about your application being considered complete and ready for review? I received an email but its been a little over a month and my portal still shows that everything hasn't been received, but says I submitted my $50 fee.

Edit/Update: I got an email saying that my application is under review 🤣. Everything now says received with the exception of the transcripts. Is this normal? My AADSAS portal should have my transcripts.

Last edited:
For those who got an interview recently, did you receive a call about your application being considered complete and ready for review? I received an email but its been a little over a month and my portal still shows that everything hasn't been received, but says I submitted my $50 fee.

Edit/Update: I got an email saying that my application is under review . Everything now says received with the exception of the transcripts. Is this normal? My AADSAS portal should have my transcripts.

Yea same. Idk if we are suppose to send them our transcripts separately?