Nova Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Yea same. Idk if we are suppose to send them our transcripts separately?
I think as long as our transcripts are verified on AADSAS we should be good!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2

School: NOVA

Notification date: 10/03

Method of notification: Email

Residency: FL

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/31

Application Received/Under Review Date: 08/05 and 09/14

GPA (science, overall): 3.87, 3.91

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/20/No

Dates available OR your interview date: November Dates Only

Method of interview: In-person

Interview #5

Residency: RI

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/15

GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.53

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/20/No

Dates available OR your interview date: last week in November

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #8

Residency: OOS

AADSAS mail-out date: 07/29

GPA (science, overall): ~3.47, 3.47

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 21 AA, 20 TS, 19 PAT, 23 RC, no sections below 17

Interview date: 11/9 in person

It’s super laid-back. The interview itself was very conversational and 1-on-1 with a faculty member. The rest of it was pretty much like any other school (tour, lunch, convo with students, hear about different parts of the school, etc).
How long was the day? Trying to plan my flight home

How long was the day? Trying to plan my flight home
Interviews started at 1pm and if you tell Calvin that you have a flight to catch he can arrange for you to interview first (at least that's what he offered to my group) ... would be done before 2 if you work that out! FTL airport is also pretty close to Nova's campus

I received an interview from Nova today but never got an email/phone call from them prior to this saying that my application has been complete. Should I be worried?

I received an interview from Nova today but never got an email/phone call from them prior to this saying that my application has been complete. Should I be worried?
Congrats! The fact that you got an interview means they reviewed your app and thought that you were suitable for their program on paper… nothing to worry about

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is for interview candidates? Just curious… Really love this school

interview #1
Notification date: 10/3
Method of notification:
Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/23/23
Application complete date: 8/03/23
GPA
: Overall 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/no
Method of interview: in-person, 11/3/23

I would love to speak to anyone who has recently interviewed! This is my first interview & I am very excited and nervous. I want to be prepared.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
interview #1
Method of notification:
Email
GPA

I would love to speak to anyone who has recently interviewed! This is my first interview & I am very excited and nervous. I want to be prepared.
Their interview was probably the most laid-back and conversational interview that I’ve been to. Not much to prepare for, just know your application and why you want to be a dentist. You’ll do great!

Reactions: 4 users
Their interview was probably the most laid-back and conversational interview that I’ve been to. Not much to prepare for, just know your application and why you want to be a dentist. You’ll do great!
Is it open file?

Interview # 4
Notification date: 11/8
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/5
Application complete date: 9/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.7
DAT: 21 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, 22 RC, None

It’s super laid-back. The interview itself was very conversational and 1-on-1 with a faculty member. The rest of it was pretty much like any other school (tour, lunch, convo with students, hear about different parts of the school, etc).
can you tell me how much time the interview lasted with the tour, lunch and everything, It would be super helpful because I have an event the same day as my interview in the late afternoon and it would be super helpful to see how much time it lasts overall

can you tell me how much time the interview lasted with the tour, lunch and everything, It would be super helpful because I have an event the same day as my interview in the late afternoon and it would be super helpful to see how much time it lasts overall
From my comment above to a similar question: "Interviews started at 1pm and if you tell Calvin that you have a flight to catch he can arrange for you to interview first (at least that's what he offered to my group) ... would be done before 2 if you work that out! FTL airport is also pretty close to Nova's campus."

From my comment above to a similar question: "Interviews started at 1pm and if you tell Calvin that you have a flight to catch he can arrange for you to interview first (at least that's what he offered to my group) ... would be done before 2 if you work that out! FTL airport is also pretty close to Nova's campus."
Thank you so so much for your answe

interview #1
Method of notification:
Email
GPA

Interview #6
Notification date:
11/8
Method of notification:
Email
Residency:
OOS
AADSAS mail-out date:
8/7/23
Application complete date: 8
/13/23
GPA
(science, overall): Science not sure, Overall 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/no
Method of interview: in-person earliest available is 12/7

Like Quote Reply

Reactions: 1 users
So we all got there and eventually found the room by 11:15ish then things didn't start until a little after 11:30. An info session then lunch with 2 student ambassadors in a classroom was then followed by a (slightly chaotic tbh) tour by the 2 students. Interviews started right at/after 1. There were 14 of us and 5 interviewers each with 2 or 3 assigned students... there's no allotted time or limit. I was the very last one called back (around 2:45) and was done by 3:12 pm. Some interviews went an hour but some were 20 minutes. But I second the flight thing, all people with a flight were first up even if it wasn't until late evening.

received an acceptance call a few minutes ago!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
7:48 pst, just called! Last name starts with Z

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got a phone call at 9:19 AM!

• Love
Got acceptance call, email with letter/tuition estimate yesterday at 8am

• Love
For those accepted, can I ask what tuition you were presented with?

for those of you who didn’t get in, don’t feel bad. This is the first year NSU is holding the MDS program which guarantees a seat in the incoming class at a certain GPA, narrowing it down to about 60 available spots to the general public. Sucks that it is this way but God has a plan for everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Received an interview invite from Nova yesterday. I will most likely decline it because I was accepted somewhere else.

for those of you who didn’t get in, don’t feel bad. This is the first year NSU is holding the MDS program which guarantees a seat in the incoming class at a certain GPA, narrowing it down to about 60 available spots to the general public. Sucks that it is this way but God has a plan for everyone!
I am asking this question for a friend, who really wants to go to this school. From what I've read, Nova accepts a little over 120 students. What do you mean 60 seats are available to the general public? Does that mean half the school must go through that masters program? What's the catch? Is that masters program an extra year on top of the 4 years of dental?

I am asking this question for a friend, who really wants to go to this school. From what I've read, Nova accepts a little over 120 students. What do you mean 60 seats are available to the general public? Does that mean half the school must go through that masters program? What's the catch? Is that masters program an extra year on top of the 4 years of dental?
yeah i looked into it but don't know necessarily... looks like a 1 year master's progrsm and you only have to maintain a 3.6 :(

Hello! I'm a current student and I made this group chat for you all to get to know each other before the start of dental school. Please share this with other accepted students :)