Nova Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I was accepted this cycle and they gave me an estimated coa of 530-540k for the 4 years, I'd estimate this will increase each year due to tuition rises
I have an interview at NOVA this month; I applied late. Would you have any tips for me? I am super nervous

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm a current student and I made this group chat for you all to get to know each other before the start of dental school. Please share this with other accepted students :)

I have an interview at NOVA this month; I applied late. Would you have any tips for me? I am super nervous

It’s extremely conversational! IIRC they just asked me about what I did during my gap years, why I wanted to do dentistry, and a few specific questions about my application. I didn’t really prep for this interview and was accepted on Decision Day

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s extremely conversational! IIRC they just asked me about what I did during my gap years, why I wanted to do dentistry, and a few specific questions about my application. I didn’t really prep for this interview and was accepted on Decision Day
Thank you! and congratulations on being accepted!!!

When did you apply, if you don't mind me asking? And what are your stats like? I also applied really late but haven't heard back.

Just declined my offer - good luck to whoever may get the seat!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back for post-december interviews, or know when those go out?

I am asking this question for a friend, who really wants to go to this school. From what I've read, Nova accepts a little over 120 students. What do you mean 60 seats are available to the general public? Does that mean half the school must go through that masters program? What's the catch? Is that masters program an extra year on top of the 4 years of dental?
Yep. The MDS kids take like 3-4classes a semester with the D1s and get a guaranteed seat above a certain GPA and a guaranteed interview with a lower GPA. Granted it’s expensive and they will still have to take the same classes again their D1 year but they’ll be a lot more prepared for didactically.

Yep. The MDS kids take like 3-4classes a semester with the D1s and get a guaranteed seat above a certain GPA and a guaranteed interview with a lower GPA. Granted it’s expensive and they will still have to take the same classes again their D1 year but they’ll be a lot more prepared for didactically.
Correct. I believe you need a 3.5 GPA for an interview and 3.7 GPA for a guaranteed seat in the MDS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anymore interview invites being sent out or has the class been filled?
private schools take well into the spring (and sometimes summer) to be filled
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 users
I thought we were supposed to hear on the 16th. Did they say it could be after?

I thought we were supposed to hear on the 16th. Did they say it could be after?
I think so, this is the email i got a few days ago: "The next round of acceptances will go out, either on or after February 16th 2024. If you do not hear from us within that week and you are still interested, please continue to express your interest as there will be another round in March."

Im still waiting for it. Anyone that interviewed mid/late Jan-Feb hear back?

Just received this email:
Thank you for your email and continued interest. At this time, you are currently waitlisted.

The next round of acceptances will go out, either on or after the week of Monday, March 18th 2024.

If you do not hear from us within that week and you are still interested, please continue to express your interest as there will be another round in April.

i took the interview last tuesday and they said we would know by this tuesday latest. i got an email asking to send proof of anatomy enrollment so i sent it on Thursday but then i didn't hear back. i don't know what number they call from but i didn't get any Miami calls :/
i guess its better than being rejected/waitlisted for now!

i took the interview last tuesday and they said we would know by this tuesday latest. i got an email asking to send proof of anatomy enrollment so i sent it on Thursday but then i didn't hear back. i don't know what number they call from but i didn't get any Miami calls :/
i guess its better than being rejected/waitlisted for now!
check your ADEA account

Accepted yesterday via phone and email. Portal updated to "Offer Made"

Reactions: 1 user
Hi kind of a weird thing, but I am going to NSU in Tampa for med school. I think it could be nice to live with someone still in a very similiar program, but a little bit different. If anyone is looking for roomates for this coming fall, DM Me!

Question, does anyone possibly know why for Novas dental certifcicate program I cant select term for the "more info" or even for its online application? (deadline says april first for the nova website part)

Question, does anyone possibly know why for Novas dental certifcicate program I cant select term for the "more info" or even for its online application? (deadline says april first for the nova website part)
try a different computer or browser
it works for me...