Nova International PharmD Program, Question regarding reference letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rsk

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have applied for International PharmD program at Nova southeastern university,Florida.
Requirement for this program is candidate must hold a 4 year pharmacy degree.
As part of admission process Nova says that a letter of reference from Dean Of Pharmacy school(that candidate has attended) should be submitted.
And also a letter from a Pharmacist is preferred.
I was not able to submit letter from Dean of pharm school as I am from India, and as the old dean is no longer with the school I attended.

I could not get a letter from Pharmacist either as I don't know any pharmacists in USA.

I was able to obtain LORs from 3 professors who taught me in Masters.
One of the professors now is a Program officer with ACS(Amerocan Chemical Society).
I hold MS in chemistry.

what are my chances of being accepted with out LORs from Pharmacy Dean and Pharmacist.

Would appreciate response(s) on this.

Regards
RSK.

Members don't see this ad.

Y dun u explain the situation in writing to the school? I had issues with overseas transcripts and obtaining certain documents etc from overseas too. I tried to put anything that I felt disadvantaged my application but I had legitimate for in writing. Just a suggestion, I'm not sure how effective it is but its better than not trying.

Goodluck

You should really contact the school and see what the say. Otherwise your app will be considered incomplete without those requirements.