Nova Laptops

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morpheus5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know Nova is requiring all students to purchase laptops for the upcoming year, but do they have to be purchased from the school? The reason im asking is that I just blew 2 grand on one this year and dont look forward to wasting another 2 grand.

Members don't see this ad.

morpheus5--I'd call the admissions office and ask what they intend to do. A lot of times, with schools that issue laptops, they do want you to purchase them from the school directly due to technical/support issues. I would call and ask, maybe they can put you in touch with the technical support group to find out if your laptop would be compatible, or if (as I suspect) you must purchase Nova's.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Laptops starting next fall will be mandatory purchase which will be budgeted into your financial aid package. Everyone will be required to purchase the same laptop. When this requirement was brought up beginning of this year, a lot of my classmates were upset because, like you, some of them have just recently bought an expensive laptop and do not wish to buy another one.

Due to the specification of the laptop that is required to operate in the our new "all digitized and paperless" clinic and an easier transition, the laptop will have to be dictated by the dental school.

I believe that the majority of my classmates have come to peace with the laptop requirement and a lot of us now are extremely excited to get them this coming August.

NOTE: we're not getting the DVD VITALBOOK deal like BU, NYU, and Arizona. this laptop is mainly for clinical integration of technology.