You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2019
Started by NejixRockS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Applying there as one of my 'safe' schools. I really hope that I get in somewhere near where I live before I am invited to an interview there -- I really don't want to waste the airfare flying to there. (I live in the midwest)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do they send the supplemental applications?
you sent everything through PharmCAS already?When do they send the supplemental applications?
I am probably going to submit it tomorrow after someone finishes proofreading my personal statement. Do they send you the supp application right after you submit or does it take some timeyou sent everything through PharmCAS already?
I submitted my app but they haven't calculated my GPA yet, so either NOVA hasn't sent the supplementals yet or they are waiting for my app to be confirmed. Once my GPA is calculated I will let you know 🙂I am probably going to submit it tomorrow after someone finishes proofreading my personal statement. Do they send you the supp application right after you submit or does it take some time
I talked to NOVA and they told me they would forward the supplemental once my application was verified. Well... PharmCAS verified my GPA yesterday and I still haven't received anything. Has anyone gotten the supplemental yet?!
No! I'm still waiting arrrgghhh
@DanceMONSTAR
I got my supplemental! 🙂 It asks for so many things that are already in PharmCAS...
You only have one "required" question, and that is: why NOVA? 🙂
I got my supplemental! 🙂 It asks for so many things that are already in PharmCAS...
You only have one "required" question, and that is: why NOVA? 🙂
I also got a call, but it was to inform me that they have not received my PharmCAS application (even though it has already been verified). I will speak with NOVA again on Tuesday to see if they got the application, if not, they have to speak directly with PharmCAS to solve this problem...Submitted my supplemental last week, got a call this week. Dunno if anybody else has gotten a phone call.
Last edited:
I applied here last years cycle was ultimately accepted but decided to go to UF. If anyone has questions as far as the interview goes let me know. Good luck !
UF is my top choice, hoping they call me for an interview.I applied here last years cycle was ultimately accepted but decided to go to UF. If anyone has questions as far as the interview goes let me know. Good luck !
I was shocked I got an interview let alone accepted. What campus are you shooting for?UF is my top choice, hoping they call me for an interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is your interview?Submitted my supplemental last week, got a call this week. Dunno if anybody else has gotten a phone call.
Do you currently go there? If so how do you like itGood luck to all NSU applicants. Apply early, and you have a good shot of an interview.
Same hereJust got an email for an interview
damn... when do the interviews start????
My application got verified 8/25 but just today I got an email from NOVA saying that they just received my PharmCas application.... 🙁
My application got verified 8/25 but just today I got an email from NOVA saying that they just received my PharmCas application.... 🙁
the earliest date to pick for me was oct 3damn... when do the interviews start????
My application got verified 8/25 but just today I got an email from NOVA saying that they just received my PharmCas application.... 🙁
I sent my supplemental on 8/27. Hopefully I hear from them soon 🙂the earliest date to pick for me was oct 3
At what time ? I also picked that date lolthe earliest date to pick for me was oct 3
I believe it was at 8:15amAt what time ? I also picked that date lol
Haha me too, I'll see you there man!I believe it was at 8:15am
that's wayyy too early for me lol... I need to get it later in the day so that I can at least sleep 2-5 hours 😛
Some people don't sleep at all in pharmacy school. Lolthat's wayyy too early for me lol... I need to get it later in the day so that I can at least sleep 2-5 hours 😛
just got an interview invite too! 😀 is it just me, or the only available date and time is October 3rd at 8:15am? 🙁I believe it was at 8:15am
Just got an email for an interview
I guess i will also see u guys there 🙂 it looks like this is the first group of interviews, which is great for us! 😀Same here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
awww 🙁 well, good luck with that interview! 🙂I have an interview at California Northstate on the same date. I think I'll be rescheduling Nova
anyone else interviewing on Oct. 3?
It depends, it only took them 5 days to verify my 120 credits. But I have seen people here that submitted at the begging of August and are still waiting. A friend of mine submitted his application just a few days before you and is also still waiting 🙁 Also, after PharmCAS verified my application, it took NOVA over a week to receive it...I just submitted my application on 9/6. Approximately how long did it take PharmCAS to verify your GPA? I'm worried it is going to take them forever because between undergrad and grad school I have a lot of credits for them to go through. :-(
they told me the same thing when I called them, that it would take 4 weeks, but they did it in 5 days... That's a way to make people stop calling them lol...Thanks! I have 265 credits so I gave PharmCAS a call. The rep I spoke with said the average processing time right now is about 4 weeks for those who submitted in early September if you want to let your friend know.
Oct 17 will be the 2nd interview date 🙂 for those that might want to know!
Oct 17 will be the 2nd interview date 🙂 for those that might want to know!
Hello everyone and congratulations to those of you with an interview for October 3rd! We are one just one step away, isn't that amazing?!
I got email for the Oct 17Th interview!! For those of you who are wondering about timelines... here's mine as to give you reference:
I took my PCAT July 18th, submitted to PharmCAS on August 22 and my GPA was calculated on September 15Th. I didn't get the supplemental until the 19Th and turned that in on the same day. The interview offer was emailed to me today September 25Th.
I hope that helps anyone out there 🙂
I interviewed there last year and did end up liking it. Its a big school with plenty to keep you busy. I mostly liked the classroom building. Something about the fact that you will be taking classes in the same building as the med, dental, PA, and nursing students stood out to me. Its a good way to make connections and at the same time learn about other healthcare professions. Couple of students I interviewed with last year said they love it and are learning alot.Do you currently go there? If so how do you like it
Remember that if you get an interview invite this early, it means that they like what they saw on paper and now just want to get to know the student. Also, applying early shows the adcoms that you are interested in their program and that stands out.
Good luck to everybody interviewing!
anything that is not science, is liberal arts, including math. I myself did not get a liberal arts LOR. I had 2 science, 1 pharmacist and 1 pre-health adviser. A pharmacist can replace any LOR, including the liberal arts if you can't get it.Hey I realized that NOVA require a liberal arts LOR. I have 1 science prof already and need to get 2 more. I am wondering what constitues a liberal arts course? I might have to get another science prof cause I dont think my university has a prehealth advisor
Last edited:
just go here: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nova-pharm/survey/29 , scroll down and read the questions there. Thats how I have been preparing. I was also there last Sunday for a mock interview, and the questions they asked me came from here. You also need to pay attention to your pharmcas. Since its open file, they can ask you about ANYTHING they see.Anyone who has an interview on October 3rd, please post some of the questions you were asked so that the rest of us know what to expect. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I decided to apply to pharmacy school on a whim in August so I haven't really looked into interview questions or the format yet. Since this would be a second career for me, I am sure I will be asked about that. I guess what I was more interested in was the format of how the interview is structured, i.e., group setting, individual, number of interviewers, etc., as well as the demeanor of the interviewers.just go here: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/nova-pharm/survey/29 , scroll down and read the questions there. Thats how I have been preparing. I was also there last Sunday for a mock interview, and the questions they asked me came from here. You also need to pay attention to your pharmcas. Since its open file, they can ask you about ANYTHING they see.
I asked that too lol. It will be two interviewers asking you questions (you will be alone during the interview, but during the rest of the day it will be a group). NOVA loves the good cop/ bad cop interview format, but it doesn't mean they use it for everyone. I was also told that it's really important that you apply early. The earlier you apply, the more laid back your interview will be.Thanks! I decided to apply to pharmacy school on a whim in August so I haven't really looked into interview questions or the format yet. Since this would be a second career for me, I am sure I will be asked about that. I guess what I was more interested in was the format of how the interview is structured, i.e., group setting, individual, number of interviewers, etc., as well as the demeanor of the interviewers.
Thanks, you really have provided a wealth of information since I started asking questions on here! I just submitted the supplemental application yesterday, so hopefully that is considered applying early enough. I graduated from Nova's law school a few years ago but there was no interview process for law school. Hopefully, I am offered an interview. I hope your interview goes well, although you seem extremely prepared so I don't foresee you having any issues.I asked that too lol. It will be two interviewers asking you questions (you will be alone during the interview, but during the rest of the day it will be a group). NOVA loves the good cop/ bad cop interview format, but it doesn't mean they use it for everyone. I was also told that it's really important that you apply early. The earlier you apply, the more laid back your interview will be.
thank you! And you applied really early too! Just prepare with the questions I sent you and you will be fine. If you just sent your supplemental, you will hear from them soon. I think you are still in time for the Oct 17th interview, if not, next one is November 3rd 🙂Thanks, you really have provided a wealth of information since I started asking questions on here! I just submitted the supplemental application yesterday, so hopefully that is considered applying early enough. I graduated from Nova's law school a few years ago but there was no interview process for law school. Hopefully, I am offered an interview. I hope your interview goes well, although you seem extremely prepared so I don't foresee you having any issues.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K