Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got back from the interview. I think it went great! Like always the students, staff and the professors were sooooo nice! Hopefully I will be a shark next year :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
just got back from the interview. I think it went great! Like always the students, staff and the professors were sooooo nice! Hopefully I will be a shark next year :p
They should accept you as well as provide you with a job as the official NSU CoP spokesman lol

JejixRockS, glad your interview went well! Hopefully you'll get your acceptance call soon. Any recommendations for us|

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They should accept you as well as provide you with a job as the official NSU CoP spokesman lol
Hahahah Ariel... I will for sure be involved in admissions next year (hopefully). I loved it! And I also hope to see u there next year! U gotta think about it after the UF interview :p

Last edited:
JejixRockS, glad your interview went well! Hopefully you'll get your acceptance call soon. Any recommendations for us|
Just be urself. The professors are really nice. If they ask a hard question its just to see how u react. Also, try to eat something before their lunch.... i hated the food they offered, that was the only thing i was not happy about during the day lol.

Just be urself. The professors are really nice. If they ask a hard question its just to see how u react. Also, try to eat something before their lunch.... i hated the food they offered, that was the only thing i was not happy about during the day lol.
Were all the questions they asked you personal questions? Or did they ask you anything science/pharmacy related (besides why pharmacy)?

Were all the questions they asked you personal questions? Or did they ask you anything science/pharmacy related (besides why pharmacy)?
I got asked how did i solve math problems and if i liked math. Another student got a question about organic chemistry. It might happen, so be ready to answer ( dont make up an answer if u dont know...)

Hahahah Ariel... I will for sure be involved in admissions next year (hopefully). I loved it! And I also hope to see u there next year! U gotta think about it after the UF interview :p
Let's see! If I get in and decide to attend you will be my personal directory !

Reactions: 1 user
The waiting is driving me crazy! Haha. Apparently there was an issue with my last name. When I went to Nova for law school, I wasn't married so my records are under my maiden name. When PharmCAS submitted my application to Nova, Nova created a new account under my married name but when I submitted the supplemental application somehow it ended up linked to my old student account and they didn't put the two together. I called Monday to get a status update and that is when all of this was discovered. Now they have to link the accounts, which they said could take 7-10 business days! I would really just like to know whether or not I will have an interview already. :)

So I interviewed with NejixRockS and I'm DYING waiting for my response. I got accepted to PBA already, and unfortunately I had to put my deposit down since it was so early in the year. (I found a way to split up my payment, so by the time my second half is due I'll hopefully hear from Nova by then- Total 750, paid 375) Honestly, both schools were great! I also received an interview from LECOM but don't want to even go there. USF still has my app in review -___- and I'm currently holding onto my UF supplemental. (Job network > quality of school) I thought it was going to be a tough decision, but after my Nova interview I realized Nova is where I want to be. After all, it's also home. My boyfriend goes to Nova for PT school and I've seen first hand how great their programs are. They dedicate a lot of attention to their medical students. PBA was great but the dynamic is very different from every other school. I was born and raised Catholic, so the Christianity doesn't bother me at all. However, they require a lot of extra things from their students (40 community service hrs a semester and 2 hours per week at chapel). It makes you a well-balanced student, however, I don't want to be forced to do these things while I'm working hard on my Pharm. D. classes. Seems a bit suffocating. Nova did not pressure me at all during my interview. The questions were to the point (explain bad semester of grades, pcat score, what I like to do for fun). I did really, really crappy on my PCAT. My GPA is whatever... nothing amazing, but I've been working at CVS as a tech for 2+ years and at Memorial Hospital. I was prepped well for what to say and do. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my response. The thing with NOVA is they want to make sure that you're not all brains, they need personality too and they definitely want to make sure you'll end up with a job after you graduate. Having a great network and experience, I believe, helped me a lot. Good luck to everyone else applying! I'll post my response as soon as I find out :)

Reactions: 1 users
So I interviewed with NejixRockS and I'm DYING waiting for my response. I got accepted to PBA already, and unfortunately I had to put my deposit down since it was so early in the year. (I found a way to split up my payment, so by the time my second half is due I'll hopefully hear from Nova by then- Total 750, paid 375) Honestly, both schools were great! I also received an interview from LECOM but don't want to even go there. USF still has my app in review -___- and I'm currently holding onto my UF supplemental. (Job network > quality of school) I thought it was going to be a tough decision, but after my Nova interview I realized Nova is where I want to be. After all, it's also home. My boyfriend goes to Nova for PT school and I've seen first hand how great their programs are. They dedicate a lot of attention to their medical students. PBA was great but the dynamic is very different from every other school. I was born and raised Catholic, so the Christianity doesn't bother me at all. However, they require a lot of extra things from their students (40 community service hrs a semester and 2 hours per week at chapel). It makes you a well-balanced student, however, I don't want to be forced to do these things while I'm working hard on my Pharm. D. classes. Seems a bit suffocating. Nova did not pressure me at all during my interview. The questions were to the point (explain bad semester of grades, pcat score, what I like to do for fun). I did really, really crappy on my PCAT. My GPA is whatever... nothing amazing, but I've been working at CVS as a tech for 2+ years and at Memorial Hospital. I was prepped well for what to say and do. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting my response. The thing with NOVA is they want to make sure that you're not all brains, they need personality too and they definitely want to make sure you'll end up with a job after you graduate. Having a great network and experience, I believe, helped me a lot. Good luck to everyone else applying! I'll post my response as soon as I find out :)

Samarann, thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It really helps. I have my interview at NOVA next week and I am so excited but also very nervous. It sucks about having to put a deposit for PBA but it's better to be safe and at least have one spot. I hope NOVA calls you soon. Please share with us when you hear the good news :)

Anyone here going to next week's interview at NSU?

Jeffrey said we should know either tomorrow or next week. He also said that chances are it will be Monday cause He had to do something tomorrow and won't be able to call us. But who knows! Maybe he will call us tomorrow! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Nova is not even reading the applications I submitted my supplemental this Sunday night and I received the invitation on Monday lol

I think Nova is not even reading the applications I submitted my supplemental this Sunday night and I received the invitation on Monday lol
in a way you are lucky... it took them like over a week to send me an interview after I submitted my supplemental :(

Shiloh, congrats on the interview! When is it going to take place?

aw thanks ! they give you the option to choose I chose november 3 ! but I think they also have available october 17 frid , my top choice is UF , but I think Nova is a good school so I have almost equal feelings for both .
let see if I'm that lucky the interview day , with this heavy cuban accent lol

aw thanks ! they give you the option to choose I chose november 3 ! but I think they also have available october 17 frid , my top choice is UF , but I think Nova is a good school so I have almost equal feelings for both .
Dont worry lol... I have a strong cuban accent, and i had a horrible cold the day of the interview (was losing my voice) but i still think i did great! They dont care about the accent (as long as its understandable). Also, make sure you seem enthusiastic to be there, they love that! :)

I'm still impatiently waiting for a response!!! I would say this is pretty much torture

Accents are cool. It distinguishes you from the crowd! Good luck on the 3rd :)

Just got a call from Jeffrey, I got accepted!!!!! Im so freaking excited right now lol!!!! Time to celebrate :p

Just got a call from Jeffrey, I got accepted!!!!! Im so freaking excited right now lol!!!! Time to celebrate :p

Congratulations Nejix! Are you accepting or waiting to hear from other places?

Congratulations Nejix! Are you accepting or waiting to hear from other places?
Im accepting it. I decided to stay down here in South Florida. And ofc (i think i make it obvious :p) i love NOVA

Im accepting it. I decided to stay down here in South Florida. And ofc (i think i make it obvious :p) i love NOVA

Yay! It's a great school. Have fun celebrating!!

And yes I accepted and withdrew my app from PBA, cancelled my other interviews, and will soon get a chance to celebrate

I'm so confused! lol they said to add the Facebook group in the acceptance letter. lol Contact Jeffrey and tell him you made it, so admissions doesn't make another haha

And NejixRocks, I nominate you for class president lol

Hahaha... elections r in the very longggg future lol. And u r right. I need to send an email to Jeffrey. Thanks for letting me know!!

Just got accepted with a chancellors scholarship!! Anybody have more info on this scholarship? I am curious

Just got accepted with a chancellors scholarship!! Anybody have more info on this scholarship? I am curious
Looked everywhere... cant find it :( Ask Jeffrey, he might know. Oh! And good luck with UF tomorrow!!! :D

Looked everywhere... cant find it :( Ask Jeffrey, he might know. Oh! And good luck with UF tomorrow!!! :D
Thanks! There was an attachment on the email which I didn't see at first because my iPhone was acting up. The attachment had all the details

Good luck to the people that are interviewing tomorrow!!! If u have any last minute question, let me know. I will do my best to try and help :)

Thank you NejixRockS!

I am so excited for tomorrow but a little nervous as well. I'm curious to know, do you interact with the interviewers before or after the interview at all? Mine is at 8:15 am if that makes a difference. Also, if I have questions for them, how many would you say I should present to them?

Thank you NejixRockS!

I am so excited for tomorrow but a little nervous as well. I'm curious to know, do you interact with the interviewers before or after the interview at all? Mine is at 8:15 am if that makes a difference. Also, if I have questions for them, how many would you say I should present to them?

You wont really interact with them before the interview, cause as soon as Jeffrey and Kori are done talking to you, they start the interviews lol... But after, they can come out and talk with the group. Ask them as many questions as you want, i dont think thats a problem. Also, try to eat something before the "lunch". I hated the food they gave us... It was horrible :p

Hey congrats to all who got accepted. I have applied for international pharmd. I dont know we will be in the same calss or not but i hope that i ll be with you guys in the same cmpus.

hey NejixRocks, You are doing great thing of helping others. I appreciate it. Do you know when they are going to conduct interviews for international program.? If you have any other information about it please share with me.
Thanks.

hey NejixRocks, You are doing great thing of helping others. I appreciate it. Do you know when they are going to conduct interviews for international program.? If you have any other information about it please share with me.
Thanks.
Thanks! And I have no idea about the international program, like you said, its different :(. Contact Jeffrey or Kori, they must know something :)

Hi everyone! I made it through the interview today and it was a great experience. I also met some great potential classmates from all over the country. NejixRockS, thanks for all the tips. Kori and Jeffrey were so welcoming and they said that we should hear back within three weeks. They will be the longest three weeks of my life :)

Hi everyone! I made it through the interview today and it was a great experience. I also met some great potential classmates from all over the country. NejixRockS, thanks for all the tips. Kori and Jeffrey were so welcoming and they said that we should hear back within three weeks. They will be the longest three weeks of my life :)
For me it was a week, and it felt like a year!!!! Hahahaha. Do u remember the name of the professor that interviewed u? Was it Dr. Finkel? Hes so awesome!!!!

It would be great if I could find out in a week. This is the only school I applied to and the only school I want to go to. Dr. Finkel interviewed me as well!! I totally agree with you, he is wonderful :)

It would be great if I could find out in a week. This is the only school I applied to and the only school I want to go to. Dr. Finkel interviewed me as well!! I totally agree with you, he is wonderful :)
I'm pretty sure you are in! Classmates next year :p

I have a question for those of you who got accepted. How much is the deposit fee for NSU? Is there a deadline and do you have to pay it all at once?

Thanks