Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sulilina

Nova CoP c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard anything from them that had an interview in October? I'm reading last year's applicant's posts and people that had an interview in Oct heard back from Nova the beginning of November.

Just wonderingg

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In order of operation when Nova calls:

1. Pass out
2. Post on SDN
3. Tell friends and family

In that order, people! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance letter today. Had my interview Oct 16th. I do live 5 miles from Nova so they must have sent these out yesterday (Thursday) If you're from out of state or far away from Nova and interviewed in Oct, CHECK YOUR MAIL THIS WEEKENDDDD!!!!! :):):):)

I just got my acceptance letter today. Had my interview Oct 16th. I do live 5 miles from Nova so they must have sent these out yesterday (Thursday) If you're from out of state or far away from Nova and interviewed in Oct, CHECK YOUR MAIL THIS WEEKENDDDD!!!!! :):):):)
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Where do you live? What are your stats? NOVA is my last hope!!!

I live in davie, literally 5 miles from nova. my stats are:

- 3.46 science gpa - pharmcas
- 3.55 overall - pharmcas
2 PCATS:
- Oct 07 - composite 78
- Aug 08 - composite 68
- Certified Tech. Working with walgreens for 2 years.
- Lots of volunteer experience with the community and my church. Worked with Firewall ministries (tutored and mentored underprivileged children). Worked in children and hospitality ministry at my church.
- Have 2 years of business pre-reqs done at FSU
- 1 Semester of business pre-reqs done at Bentley College in Boston (then came home to switch to pharmacy)

That's really all i've got!

Oh and recommendation letters: 1 from chem professor, 1 from pharmacy manager, 1 from anatomy professor!

Where do you live brandie?

OOPS I didn't finish reading your post lol...now I just want to know what your stats are hehe

I live in Punta Gorda, FL....do you know where that's at? If not its about40 miles North of Fort Myers.

Well I know this much, if you didn't receive any EMAILS from them, then you're not put on hold because a few people got emails today saying they're on hold. You should probably receive something tomorrow. They might've sent the mail out late thursday.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited too lol thank you!!!!!!! :laugh::):D

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS 5minutes!!!!!!! :D Where do you live and what are your stats? :D

I did get a response, but not the one I was looking for. I'm on hold until my fall grades are finalized, but at least that is not an flat out rejection.

I did get a response, but not the one I was looking for. I'm on hold until my fall grades are finalized, but at least that is not an flat out rejection.
WOW and your stats are not bad at all....I guess that means I got the bad response coming...REJECTED!!

Hi, when did you guys submit the application through the PharmCAS and supplemental application? I did not hear anything back from this school after submitting applications

WOW and your stats are not bad at all....I guess that means I got the bad response coming...REJECTED!!

My stats 3.86 GPA, 80 Pcat, A lot of Volunteer, no pharmacy experience, Strong Lor including pharmacist's letter, and I think a fair interview.

But Gpa is not everything, I got luck this time I think.

WOW!!! I'm speechless! I always thought you would get in. I'm so proud of you! How nice to have acceptance letter on the day you interviewed at another school. Now you are going to be a pharmacist!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! What are your stats? NOVA is my last hope!!!

Brandie28, people get in with different kind of stats. You got an interview, CONGRATS! You completed the first hurdle and you must have been competitive. Concentrate on the strength of your application and hope for the best now. I'm proud of you and you are riding at 50% since you interviewed at two schools.

Congrats to Suliina, we just met today. I got in Nova too! We will see each other again.

OMG! 5minutes, you deserve this just like sulilina. You were both frustrated with NSU last year but you were still diligent. Like sulilina, you both received acceptance letter in the mail from NOVA while you interviewed PBA. WOW!

Welcome to the club of future pharmacist! :thumbup:

When people hear I'm a pharmacy student, three things they say:

1) Wow! Big Bucks
2) You are smart
3) It's a great profession

WOW!!! I'm speechless! I always thought you would get in. I'm so proud of you! How nice to have acceptance letter on the day you interviewed at another school. Now you are going to be a pharmacist!

Brandie28, people get in with different kind of stats. You got an interview, CONGRATS! You completed the first hurdle and you must have been competitive. Concentrate on the strength of your application and hope for the best now. I'm proud of you and you are riding at 50% since you interviewed at two schools.

OMG! 5minutes, you deserve this just like sulilina. You were both frustrated with NSU last year but you were still diligent. Like sulilina, you both received acceptance letter in the mail from NOVA while you interviewed PBA. WOW!

Welcome to the club of future pharmacist! :thumbup:

When people hear I'm a pharmacy student, three things they say:

1) Wow! Big Bucks
2) You are smart
3) It's a great profession
THanks you, I was too frustrated last year. It took them 4 months to send me a lettr, ALTERNATIVE LIST, another frustrated thing. I kept thinking why did they just reject me instead of giving me hope. In fact, I did not hear anything back from then. A few of my friends got in other school already. Oh well, it pays back.:thumbup:

I just a letter from Nova and I was accepted

Sooooo I got a slip from post office for something from NSU but I wasn't here so now I won't get it until Monday :( I am sooooo super nervous and I have a micro test to study for and I can't focus!!!

I also received the letter this week. I was accepted and I had chosen the Fort Lauderdale Campus!! I am very happy!!!! Good Luck everyone!

Sooooo I got a slip from post office for something from NSU but I wasn't here so now I won't get it until Monday :( I am sooooo super nervous and I have a micro test to study for and I can't focus!!!
\
Congratulations!!!! Acceptance letters come certified, and anyother letter comes through regular mail!!! Congrats!!!

THanks you, I was too frustrated last year. It took them 4 months to send me a lettr, ALTERNATIVE LIST, another frustrated thing. I kept thinking why did they just reject me instead of giving me hope. In fact, I did not hear anything back from then. A few of my friends got in other school already. Oh well, it pays back.:thumbup:

congratulations to you and ..all of you who got interviewed and accepted. ..wish you the best...

BRANDIE! Consider yourself a future pharmacist from NSU!!!!!!!

Most likely your package was certified and you have to pick it up at the post office if you missed your mail. Good Job!!!!

Most likely your package was certified and you have to pick it up at the post office if you missed your mail. Good Job!!!!

I know for sure it is! Congrats to Bradie. U got waitlisted and now U got in.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Do you guys really think?!?!?! I am like going crazy...I want to be excited but I don't want to be let down....

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Do you guys really think?!?!?! I am like going crazy...I want to be excited but I don't want to be let down....
If you are waitlisted, you will receive a small letter directing to your mailbox. If u have to go to Post office, then yes u got in.

If any accepted student wants some information on the first semester at Nova, feel free to pm me. I must warn you that I am not on here often but will try to answer your questions when I can.

congrats brandie! YOU GOT IN!@!! they dont send anything else certified except acceptance letters! so go focus on micro

is nova your first choice?

congrats brandie! YOU GOT IN!@!! they dont send anything else certified except acceptance letters! so go focus on micro

is nova your first choice?
OH WOW I really hope so!! It would be a miracle!!! Well actually LECOM was my 1st because of location (since I am married and husband cannot relocate) but I would rather go to NOVA so I don't know what I will do...guess it depends on if I get pulled off the wait list at LECOM...

Hello!! Shouldn't we create a facebook site for the class of 2013?
I have seen that a lot classses have it.
Good Luck to everyone!!:thumbup:

ahhhhh.......it's official i got accepted to nsu!!!! :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

ahhhhh.......it's official i got accepted to nsu!!!! :hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Remember the post below? I was the first to predict it! :D
Brandie28, I don't know you but I love you! ;)
Welcome to the club of future pharmacists!!! :love:

C'mon SDNers, keep this thread rolling with more good news!!! :soexcited:

LoL....Thanks!!!!! I am like HAPPIEST girl right now!!!!

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Gatoromp will you be attending NSU as well, how did lecom go?

:biglove:CERTIFIED MAIL FROM NOVA TODAY!:biglove:

Cant believe I got my 2nd choice. :idea:

Hey Gatoromp will you be attending NSU as well, how did lecom go?

Application at NSU is under review (according to admin and was told "no news is good news for now"; we'll see).

Application complete at UF.

Interviewed and accepted at PBA (for some reason my interview was tough).

Interviewed at LECOM and was put on alternate list. I received a form asking me to confirm when a spot becomes available. (I WILL DECLINE however and let someone else get in as the estimate of $43,660 and competing for convenient IPPE spots seem a bit too much for me). But then again, I got accepted already. Absolutely NO STRESS.

It appears that NSU and LECOM put heavy emphasis on pharmacy experience. I have no pharmacy experience because quite frankly I was making sufficient working somewhere else. I just couldn't quit. I was asked about experience at LECOM INTERVIEW. NSU application seems to put some emphasis on experience as well.

Did you apply to NSU? Did you hear from PBA yet?

Right now, I don't have much pressure at all as I'm already admitted. One acceptance is all one needs. Having said that, I know how hard it is to get somewhere and some here have been trying for some time so I like to encourage them.

Congrats on being admitted to LECOM BRADENTON; a great program! :thumbup:

What is the tuition at LEcome? 44k?

The tuition itself for instate student is $19,050. However, based on their estimate of other fees including rent, an accepted student can expect to pay $43,660. If I were not admitted somewhere, I would definitely attend.

1) UF (Gainesville), NOVA

2) NOVA, UF (depending on my mood :p)

3) PBA

4) LECOM

I just received my acceptance today in the mail from Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy!!:thumbup: