Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed Dec 8 and was told I would hear back before the New Year, which I didn't so I got REALLY nervous! But then I got an email saying they needed my final transcripts, I gave Jessie my unoffical trans. and I was admited the next day. On my acceptance letter the date was Dec 23 not Jan 8th, so I guess I got in earlier?
My stats are below. I think the biggest thing is my 5 years as a sr certified tech with walgreens and a strong LOR from my pharm manager! Hope this helps, let me know if anyone needs any interview advise or anything else.

Members don't see this ad.

I VOLUNTEER for a pharmacy presently, harbor hospital in maryland

Ucfphi,

what store do you work at? I also work davie/sunrise/plantation/cooper city area

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am going to go join Facebook so I can join the C/O 2013 group!!! See you all there!

So I am going to go join Facebook so I can join the C/O 2013 group!!! See you all there!

Congratulation on your acceptance.
Would you please tell us what makes u choose Nova...????
thanks in advance

Location...I am married and my husband is not able to relocate so I have to go somewhere relatively close.

Ucfphi,

what store do you work at? I also work davie/sunrise/plantation/cooper city area

Sulilina,
I work in the F***in ghetto lol...store 4597, its Sunrise and Andrews. The store was a nightmare, but with me the new Sr Tech and a new pharm manager, the store is almost where it should be! What store do you work at?

6404... 84 and hiatus in the middle of the rich and spoiled lol.. but i enjoy my store.. and customers.

Are you live w/ power yet?

We're going full live tomorrow. I hate it... with a passion.

has anyone received interviews recently?

I am waiting.... called 3 times already, they said don't worry, my gpa and pcat is pretty good, but why still waiting?? I finished application in dec, what about you?

I just got an interview invite for Feb 9th for Nova, can anyone tell me some of the questions that were asked during your interview? Is it a very in depth process or is it kinda casual?? Thanks for any advice.

I just got an interview invite for Feb 9th for Nova, can anyone tell me some of the questions that were asked during your interview? Is it a very in depth process or is it kinda casual?? Thanks for any advice.

when did you get the invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
-Sulilina, Yea we have had power for about 3 weeks now, but I used to work in ORL where we went thru the growing pains..you think its bad now, just imagine the earlier versions..it will get better though!

-Everyone, it depends on the people who are interviewing you. It is different people everytime! My interview was pretty relaxed...I had good profs. They dont really drill from what I experienced but just know yourself and be honest; otherwise, they will call you out! ALSO, a big thing is to remember to ask questions at the end..it shows you want to know more about the school.

check the interview feedback for Nova it was quite helpful when I was trying to prepare.

they mostly ask questions about your file- degree program, why nova, why pharmacy, if you work/volunteered at pharmacies they asked about that too.

i was so nervous about the interview but the interviewers were very friendly and seemed to really want to get to know you. I would say its more on the casual side of interviews but still dress the part and act as professional as you can.
hope this helps, good luck!:)

when did you get the invitation?

Nova called me on the phone on 1/26, told me they would like to have me come in for an interview, the next day I got the directions and interview info in the mail.

Does anyone else have an interview on Feb. 9th? If so, was wondering if anyone would want to split the cost of a hotel room? I live like 4 hours away and the interview is at 8:45am!

check the interview feedback for Nova it was quite helpful when I was trying to prepare.

they mostly ask questions about your file- degree program, why nova, why pharmacy, if you work/volunteered at pharmacies they asked about that too.

i was so nervous about the interview but the interviewers were very friendly and seemed to really want to get to know you. I would say its more on the casual side of interviews but still dress the part and act as professional as you can.
hope this helps, good luck!:)

Thanks for the advice Krista!

Hi everyone who are currently attending NOVA pharmacy school, just want to know how do you like the program so far (ie. tuition cost, learning environment, student campus activities, etc) and the living conditions in the area (most students live on or off campus?). Thanks for all of the inputs.

Does anyone know when we should start applying for loans? And where to begin? I filled out FAFSA already and I emailed the financial aid office at NSU but I haven't recieved an answer. I was just wondering if anyone else has started or if I have to wait to hear from back from FAFSA first? Thanks!!! :)

Is anyone planning to go to the West Palm campus? I was just there for an interview and was kind of let down by the place, it seemed so small and dilapidated. The hallways were dirty and the bathrooms were dirty, my community college had nicer bathrooms. The school reminded me of an old run-down hospital with sterile hallways. Does anyone else feel this way? I guess I thought for $25K a year there would be chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, but I guess I was wrong. I suppose the "nice" and "beautiful" campus everyone talks about is the main one in Davie.

I did like, however, the small and quiet atmosphere the place had, it's a perfect place for relaxed study and developing strong relationships with your classmates. Also there was a nice garden with ponds and small waterfalls out back with a small deli/lunch place where you could eat outside. The people seemed very nice and friendly, although one interviewer tried to provoke me into an argument, but I knew it was just a test (I hope:eek:).

Just a little hint for future interviewees at the WestPalm campus: Don't boast your interests in research because they did not like that one bit, they have no strong research facilities and seemed offended when I asked if they partake in any research, kind of caught them off-guard, the woman interviewer tried explaining some residency research she was doing and it looked like her eyes were gonna bulge out of her head, I got the feeling they only wanted retail pharmacists. I was told "well then maybe you would feel more comfortable in a larger University such as UF:eek:?!" I was simply trying to express that I have interests in pharmacuetical research and find it interesting, but they kind of took it like that's all I want to do, they play mind games to test your poise, it was kinda fun! :cool:

Does anyone else have feelings about the WestPalm campus?? I just think they could clean it up a bit for the money we are investing, other than that it's ok, seems very straight forward. Overall a great atmosphere for a quiet, peaceful pursuit of professional education.

Hi everyone who are currently attending NOVA pharmacy school, just want to know how do you like the program so far (ie. tuition cost, learning environment, student campus activities, etc) and the living conditions in the area (most students live on or off campus?). Thanks for all of the inputs.

nova c/o 2009 here, just about to graduating and i'm currently doing interviews for residency.

my opinion of nova... i'd be very afraid truthfully.
FOR THOSE WITH INTERVIEWS UPCOMING:

ask about the probation status, what their plan is and how do they plan on implementing it.

Last edited:
what did he do sexual harrassment? I do know if I like this guy but I have heard bad things about him 2 years ago. I will enter Nova this aug and had already put deposit. I hope they will work it out.

About the West Palm Beach building:

Do you know that the building was REALLY a former factory that made semiconductors for RCA (the TV company). That is why the road is called RCA blvd. I grew up only 2 miles from the WPB campus. I remember when I was a little kid about until age 4, the factory was there, in that very building. RCA shut down in about 1983 or so, and the TV station WPBF moved there, along with a second campus for NOVA. So remember, it used to be RCA in that very building, and they manufactured semiconductors.

That is why it looks the way it does inside.

Anyone interview in January at Nova? Have you heard anything yet/know when we will hear a decision? :)

Anyone interview in January at Nova? Have you heard anything yet/know when we will hear a decision? :)
I had my interview on jan 12. I hope we hear back from nova this week. Which campus did u interview at?

About the West Palm Beach building:

Do you know that the building was REALLY a former factory that made semiconductors for RCA (the TV company). That is why the road is called RCA blvd. I grew up only 2 miles from the WPB campus. I remember when I was a little kid about until age 4, the factory was there, in that very building. RCA shut down in about 1983 or so, and the TV station WPBF moved there, along with a second campus for NOVA. So remember, it used to be RCA in that very building, and they manufactured semiconductors.

That is why it looks the way it does inside.

That really doesn't surprise me, and thanks for the info that's interesting. I wish they would renovate the place...

I had my interview on jan 12. I hope we hear back from nova this week. Which campus did u interview at?

I interviewed at the Davie campus. I really liked it, lately i've heard a lot of negative things about Nova on this website which makes me a little apprehensive but its still one of my top choices.
Good luck!

hiya,

anyone interviewing on march 10?

I interviewed at the Davie campus. I really liked it, lately i've heard a lot of negative things about Nova on this website which makes me a little apprehensive but its still one of my top choices.
Good luck!

Hey! I had my interview with you on Jan. 14th!! :D ... still haven’t heard anything yet. All I know is that nova sends out acceptance letters via certified mail. I really wouldn’t be too worried about nova's probation status ... it’s a very well known pharmacy school so I doubt there should be any problems. Let me know if you hear anything from them!

Hey! I had my interview with you on Jan. 14th!! :D ... still haven’t heard anything yet. All I know is that nova sends out acceptance letters via certified mail. I really wouldn’t be too worried about nova's probation status ... it’s a very well known pharmacy school so I doubt there should be any problems. Let me know if you hear anything from them!

Hey there!! I keep checking my mail everyday!! I'll let you know if I hear anything, the weather up here is miserable I can't wait to be in Florida and start pharmacy school. hopefully I'll see you again soon! Good luck! :xf:

Hey Everyone..I interviewed Jan 14 as well..I still haven't heard back from them either...I was actually pretty worried since it had been more than a month..but now seeing u guys haven't either..I'm not as worried..hope we all hear back soon :xf:..and best of luck to you guys :)

Hey Everyone..I interviewed Jan 14 as well..I still haven't heard back from them either...I was actually pretty worried since it had been more than a month..but now seeing u guys haven't either..I'm not as worried..hope we all hear back soon :xf:..and best of luck to you guys :)

Hey there! I've been worried too about not hearing from them. If I don't hear anything by the end of this week I'm going to call. I emailed Jessie Sutton but she didn't reply.
Good luck to you too!! Hopefully I'll see you in August!! :)

Hey there! I've been worried too about not hearing from them. If I don't hear anything by the end of this week I'm going to call. I emailed Jessie Sutton but she didn't reply.
Good luck to you too!! Hopefully I'll see you in August!! :)

Hey :) I e-mailed tracey 3 days ago..haven't heard back..but I looking forward to seeing you in August as well :D

Can anyone tell me what sort of schedule the classes are held? Is it straight 5 days a week or weekends included or days off in between, 8-3 or 8-5?

Can anyone tell me what sort of schedule the classes are held? Is it straight 5 days a week or weekends included or days off in between, 8-3 or 8-5?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe on the tour the student tour guide said you go to school M-F from 1-5. You might want to check out their website

It seems to me that all of you have here have either been interviewed or waiting on an interview from nova. This might be a little off topic but do you guys mind sharing what your gpa is? Because I want to apply for next fall to Nova, and was wondering what type of grades other applicants have.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe on the tour the student tour guide said you go to school M-F from 1-5. You might want to check out their website

p1 year

m-f 1-5 (sometimes 12-5)

second semester:
same m-f but also one day of lab per week in the morn like 8-12-ish

also both semesters u have 3.5 hrs of interning somewhere once a week

It seems to me that all of you have here have either been interviewed or waiting on an interview from nova. This might be a little off topic but do you guys mind sharing what your gpa is? Because I want to apply for next fall to Nova, and was wondering what type of grades other applicants have.

stats:

B.S. in Pharmacolog overall 3.1
Master of Public Health 3.73
volunteered in hospital pharmacy
worked as pharm tech for about a year
PCAT comp 79

So...this is my 6th week of waiting. I interviewed on Jan.12...still waiting
What about you people (who interviewed on Jan)???
I will wait 1 more day..;)

Nova is very slow in response. Last year, it took me 4 months to receive the letter of waitlist from them. This year, I reapplied, and it took me 3 weeks. I knew 1 guy who got accepted in 6 weeks. All I can say is do not reply on them.

So...this is my 6th week of waiting. I interviewed on Jan.12...still waiting
What about you people (who interviewed on Jan)???
I will wait 1 more day..;)

Jan. 14th... Also still waiting and waiting and waiting....
I might call on friday but I don't want to be annoying. Has anyone tried calling? I emailed Jessie Sutton twice and no answer.

:soexcited: Finally I heard back from Nova. I interviewed Jan 14, my letter was dated Feb 16, andddd I got the official letter today. It was a certified mail and I had to sign for it, I kinda had the feeling I got in because of that. I'm sooo excited, and looking forward to seeing you guys this Aug. All the best to the rest of you, just be patient, you'll hear back soon enough. Congratz to all those who got in already :)
:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Mrs. Nappi emailed me this morning, saying that the committe hasn't come to a decision as of yet~

Silver

:soexcited: Finally I heard back from Nova. I interviewed Jan 14, my letter was dated Feb 16, andddd I got the official letter today. It was a certified mail and I had to sign for it, I kinda had the feeling I got in because of that. I'm sooo excited, and looking forward to seeing you guys this Aug. All the best to the rest of you, just be patient, you'll hear back soon enough. Congratz to all those who got in already :)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats awesome!!!! I hope mine is in the mail too! I'm sure it will take a few extra days to get here. Hopefully see you soon!!!

Hey!! congratulations!!! I just wanted to know if you live in the miami area... I still havent heard back ... haven't checked the mail either lol! still waiting haha!

I missed the mailman, but its a certified large envelope from Nova so i am assuming it is my acceptance letter...i interviewed early Jan...now the hardest choie of all..LECOM or NOVA???

I missed the mailman, but its a certified large envelope from Nova so i am assuming it is my acceptance letter...i interviewed early Jan...now the hardest choie of all..LECOM or NOVA???

Pharmboi, congrats on getting into NOVA! I would choose NOVA if I were you. I know you explained before that you might want to live away for a while. You can do that here in South Florida if you so choose. But, at least you still have the option of going back home or something. According to someone at the school, I should be hearing soon. I'm basically waiting on UF and NOVA.

well i checked the mail ... nothing yet ... not even a notice :( i dont think i got in ... i'll just keep waiting :xf:

Hey!! congratulations!!! I just wanted to know if you live in the miami area... I still havent heard back ... haven't checked the mail either lol! still waiting haha!

Hey thanks...I live in Miramar, its like 15 mins from Nova, don't worry you'll get ur letter soon enough. I also wasn't sure if I should go to LECOM or Nova, but I decided on Nova, less expenses for me if I live at home, and I get to keep my job. Only thing I didn't like about LECOM was the fact it's in the middle of nowhere and they have a strict professional dress code. Dunno about you guys but I loooooove scrubs :)

:xf:Good Luck to everyone else :xf: