Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YAY SAKIGT!!!! What is your first choice???

UF

My stats are:
3.28 Science, 3.4 Overall
83 PCAT
Healthcare experience as Med Lab Asst, no Pharm
Bachelors in Marketing

Members don't see this ad.

Application at NSU is under review (according to admin and was told "no news is good news for now"; we'll see).

Application complete at UF.

Interviewed and accepted at PBA (for some reason my interview was tough).

Interviewed at LECOM and was put on alternate list. I received a form asking me to confirm when a spot becomes available. (I WILL DECLINE however and let someone else get in as the estimate of $43,660 and competing for convenient IPPE spots seem a bit too much for me). But then again, I got accepted already. Absolutely NO STRESS.

It appears that NSU and LECOM put heavy emphasis on pharmacy experience. I have no pharmacy experience because quite frankly I was making sufficient working somewhere else. I just couldn't quit. I was asked about experience at LECOM INTERVIEW. NSU application seems to put some emphasis on experience as well.

Did you apply to NSU? Did you hear from PBA yet?

Right now, I don't have much pressure at all as I'm already admitted. One acceptance is all one needs. Having said that, I know how hard it is to get somewhere and some here have been trying for some time so I like to encourage them.

Congrats on being admitted to LECOM BRADENTON; a great program! :thumbup:

GAtoromp i hope the best for you and good luck in pharmacy school...i havent heard from Pba yet(which i thinkn is a great school, not only do you get the pharmacy education but a good moral education as well) i was given a interview for nova in jan however i comminted myself for lecom, nova would be so convenient for me, its like 20 minutes away and i will be saving a ton of money, i am poor.lol...but i am easily distracted here in south florida i think lecom will force me to really focus and at the same time force me to grow up and be independent... I hope the best for you and congrats on PBA.

So for those who were accepted so far and plan on attending NOVA...do you live in the area? Or will you be moving?? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
GAtoromp i hope the best for you and good luck in pharmacy school...i havent heard from Pba yet(which i thinkn is a great school, not only do you get the pharmacy education but a good moral education as well) i was given a interview for nova in jan however i comminted myself for lecom, nova would be so convenient for me, its like 20 minutes away and i will be saving a ton of money, i am poor.lol...but i am easily distracted here in south florida i think lecom will force me to really focus and at the same time force me to grow up and be independent... I hope the best for you and congrats on PBA.

Pharmboi, thank you for your well wishes! Moral character can be learned individually and religion as a medium to the latter is controversial. To me a set of accepted principles that is not counter-intuitive seem the way to go. I'm much more appreciative that my hard work earned me a pharmacy spot (and possibly more). PBA's four story building wrought with technology and their residency program suit me well and that is reason enough to be looking forward to being a P1 (and I get to stay local).

Sounds like you reasoned through your choices in accepting LECOM and declining NSU interview request. A heartfelt congratulation to you on being admitted and welcome to the club of future pharmacists; a prestigious club indeed! Who knows, we may have to collaborate one day...

Congratulations to all of you guys!!!!! You really deserve it!!! I wish you all well!!!! NOVA is my first choice once I finish all of my pre-req's....Study hard guys!!!! You are in for a wild ride!!!!! (A good ride though:))

So for those who were accepted so far and plan on attending NOVA...do you live in the area? Or will you be moving?? :)

I live 5 miles down the street from nova, which is why nova is my first choice [duh right?]. I still plan on officially moving out of my parents house at some point and getting a place with my boyfriend. I live at my bfs apartment now but he has a roomie we have to deal with. I'm going to try to stick it out as much as possible though.

Also, my boyfriend lives right down the street from nova (takes me literally 2 minutes to get to nova), and he only pays $400/mo for rent including water (he's in a large 2/2). he doesn't live in a community though.. he has a really cool landlord. so i just want to give hope to people that plan on moving down here to do your research for a place because it's possible to find a decent place at a low rate. we have had a few offers come our way but i had to buy a new car since mine was dying.

I hope you choose nova, brandie! :)

:confused::confused:IS IT TRUE THAT NOVA IS THE BEST PHARMACY SCHOOL IN FL TO GO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE CLINICAL ASPECT OF PHARMACY, HOW ABOUT PBA, UF, FAMU AND LECOM BRADENTON :confused::confused:

:confused::confused:IS IT TRUE THAT NOVA IS THE BEST PHARMACY SCHOOL IN FL TO GO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE CLINICAL ASPECT OF PHARMACY, HOW ABOUT PBA, UF, FAMU AND LECOM BRADENTON :confused::confused:

I think so
1) NOVA - accepted
2) UF - accepted
3) LECOME- accepted
4) FAMU- denied.
5) PBA -waiting.

Do you guys know the email for NOVA if i want to ask a question? I sent an email to [email protected] but then I got an email back saying it wasn't delivered :( --> Remote host said: 554 Transaction Failed. Spam Message, not delivered. [BODY] I've emailed her before with no problems so idk :confused:

Also, does anyone know how to send a separate LOR to Nova? I can't send it through PharmCAS because I've already got four eLORS...just found out that Nova wants a letter from a liberal arts professor. Does ceramics count as liberal arts? Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you guys know the email for NOVA if i want to ask a question? I sent an email to [email protected] but then I got an email back saying it wasn't delivered :( --> Remote host said: 554 Transaction Failed. Spam Message, not delivered. [BODY] I've emailed her before with no problems so idk :confused:

Also, does anyone know how to send a separate LOR to Nova? I can't send it through PharmCAS because I've already got four eLORS...just found out that Nova wants a letter from a liberal arts professor. Does ceramics count as liberal arts? Thanks!
I just e-mailed Tracy the other day at....
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][email protected].

I e-mailed Tracy like a week ago and she still hasn't responded...do you think she is just busy or should I try calling her on Monday??

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-mailed Tracy like a week ago and she still hasn't responded...do you think she is just busy or should I try calling her on Monday??

well let me tell you what happened with me when I tried to email her...I emailed her from my regular email account and got that rejection (from the post above)...so then I tried to email her from my school email account, and she responded three hours later. idk why my first email was sent to her spam folder, maybe I just emailed her too much and she go sick of it... :eyebrow:

Email jessie sutton, she got back to me in two days

You have been accepted to UF?

Can you tell me when you submited your application? I did it 2 months ago, but don't hear anything back . doyou mind to share your stat

hey how did u get the supp application,, cuz i hv not received it, do i hv to mail the admission office to get it?

You need to send email to Tracy. I know she is busy walking around the campus. Email her and ask for Secondary App.

Congrats 5mins, Sullivan and every1 else on getting into Nova bc i remembered how much trouble u guys had last year & yes pharmpills is back muahahaha.

I know we were so much frustrated. But I think I have learned so much over 1 year I took many upper divison classes, and they are well-prepared me for the school.

For everyone who got accepted, December 1st is the deadline for the $250 payment to reserve your seat + the paper has to be with it. I submitted mine weeks ago but I am checking my bank account and I don't see any deduction out of my account and its freaking me out cause monday is the deadline. can anyone else check their bank account to see if they cashed the check? thanks

crystal

The deadline for the FL tuition stuff is due 30 days from the date on the acceptance letter right??

I just talked to a P2 student at Nova. She said that as long as you paid before the deadline, you do not have to worry. Sometimes, it took them a few more weeks after the deadline to cash the money. Also, if they have any problem with your check, nova will contact you. It is not like they will drop you because of the $250.00.

However, please call them on Monday to make sure again.

5minutes or brandie or anyone accepted -- if you sent in your $250 have you seen on your bank account if they cashed the check (assuming you sent a check?) The reason I'm asking is cause I just called tracy and she said to call back later today because she doesn't see it but she has a million things on her desk and jesse sutton is out sick so it may be on her desk. so hopefully it's just lost on their desks but i'm just wondering if you guys know that they have received (cashed) your check?

thanks!

I personally handed the check to Jesse. I came there and gave it to her wih the form. Also, I made a copy of my check in case she loses it. I will call her again today to firgure out.

5minutes or brandie or anyone accepted -- if you sent in your $250 have you seen on your bank account if they cashed the check (assuming you sent a check?) The reason I'm asking is cause I just called tracy and she said to call back later today because she doesn't see it but she has a million things on her desk and jesse sutton is out sick so it may be on her desk. so hopefully it's just lost on their desks but i'm just wondering if you guys know that they have received (cashed) your check?

thanks!

I sent mine about two weeks ago (with two stamps just to make sure it got there) and my check still hasnt cleared.

They couldn't find mine.. I called and spoke to Jesse earlier today. She's going to contact me later this week once she finds it. If not, I'm going there personally to hand them the paper and check. Just a heads up. But she said not to worry, I won't lose my seat.

I guess I better call cause I sent mine on Wednesday hoping it would make it there by Monday!

Stuff like that I would have sent certified mail and made them sign for it, that way its no wondering whether they got it or not. Just a heads up for everybody out there who's going to be in the class of 2012 or 2013 ya heard me! :)

I just opened up a spot on the wait list today as I declined my acceptance to Nova Southeastern's College of Pharmacy. Good Luck to those attending as Nova is a great school. I look forward to working with you all in the future!

Last edited:
Did anybody else get a letter from NOVA saying that they need an official copy of your AP scores? How can I send them that? My AP credits are 4-5 years old. Isn't it enough that my all my transcripts state the courses I took and credit received?

Hey does anyone know when the Florida resident material is due?? I saw a couple of time limits listed.

I called and they (the residency peoples) said that they don't understand why the COP puts 30 days in their package because that's not the case. They said it's so early that there's no need to worry, but I still handed it to jesse in person the other day.

I called and they (the residency peoples) said that they don't understand why the COP puts 30 days in their package because that's not the case. They said it's so early that there's no need to worry, but I still handed it to jesse in person the other day.
Oh ok thanks so much!! I thought 30 days was very early and I haven't had a chance to mail it off I just finished copying everything today. Have they cashed your check yet?

Nope but they found it. It took a while for them to get it sorted to them. Like two weeks I guess. She told me not to worry anyway that I wouldn't lose my seat. Thank God. But she also said once it gets to the office to get cashed, it takes a while so don't go based on that exactly.

did you guys call them/e-mail them??

Congratulations to those who got accepted to NOVA!!
Nova is a good school for those who want to do retail and clinical (but not research or anything else!!).
Nova will prepare you very well.
But if you got into UF, go for it!!!! They have the best preceptors and teachers (especially law).

for those of us that interviewed in 1st-2nd week of November, should we be expecting our letters soon? or can it still take 2 weeks from now??? I am kinda excited n gettin impatient now!!

Anyone hear anymore about the second deposit that is due Feb 15th?

It was in the acceptance letter....didnt know if they would send me an invoice or what. :laugh:

Hey guys, I got in Jan 8th-BEST DAY EVER-gators won the BSC champ and I got into my number 1 school!

-Congrats to everyone! I started a facebook group for class of 2013 so join it!
My gf is a P1 and knows everyone in the school, so if you guys need anything let me know.
I currently live in Sunrise so I am about 15 mins away, so if anyone wants to hang out or wants to better know the area call my cell 407-227-4256, my name is James.

P.S. if you need anything talk to Jessie, shes the best-she called me the day I got accepted instead of waiting for the letter-otherwise I would have had to start studying for the PCAT again =/

Congrats James...when did you interview and if you do not mind sharing your stats....does Jessie call everyone?

My stats 3.86 GPA, 80 Pcat, A lot of Volunteer, no pharmacy experience, Strong Lor including pharmacist's letter, and I think a fair interview.

But Gpa is not everything, I got luck this time I think.

Could you tell me how did you volunteer for Pharmacy?