Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish you good luck. If tomorrow is going to be the last interview, we will find out soon their decision. Today I sent the deposit for my second choice school, but I still hope that I will be accepted to Nova.

yeah i sent my deposit for my second school yesterday too, as well as my thank you letters to NSU. GOOD LUCK! hope to see both of us in the fall :D

Members don't see this ad.

this might be the wrong thread to ask this....but would anyone accepted to Nova this year mind sharing their stats with me...since I want to apply for next year and want to see if I even have a chance with my overall 3.3 gpa and 3.0 science gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
this might be the wrong thread to ask this....but would anyone accepted to Nova this year mind sharing their stats with me...since I want to apply for next year and want to see if I even have a chance with my overall 3.3 gpa and 3.0 science gpa.

Cangri One, pharmacy is an interesting profession!

When someone gets accepted to pharmacy school, many attributes stand out.

• Someone's 3.6 gpa may mean nothing if their PCAT score is below what the school looks for.

• Your 3.3 gpa may mean something if your Personal Statement can convince the committee that your application warrants a second look.

• To differentiate yourself from other qualified applicants, take some time and learn about NSU pharmacy program. During my interview, I struck a conversation simply on things I learned off their website. Needless to say, my interview went well!

• NSU seems to like applicants with pharmacy experience. Because I lacked experience, elsewhere in the application were meaningful projects, coherent sentences, good grades etc...

• I wrote my personal statement, but help is available here on SDN. Start early! I can't stress this enough: DO NOT underestimate the power of your thoughts in this vital essay. Other qualified applicants will have grades and strong PCAT. Along with other attributes, the essay may just be the deciding factor. So practice writing well even on these forums.

• I glanced at the interview feedback, but really decided to just go to the interview and be myself. However, I interviewed to other schools already and was already a seasoned applicant :laugh:.

• Use SDN to your advantage but someone's stats won't change yours.

Cangri One, we all can agree that the admissions process can be quite tedious. Someone's stats won't get you into pharmacy school. A lackluster application will complicate things, but there is always hope.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

are you all who applied for the international pharm d program.?

Yah their still on probation, I think they have a june acpe visitation, if they pass their probation should be lifted, if not they still have till next year to fix their problems

Cangri One, pharmacy is an interesting profession!

When someone gets accepted to pharmacy school, many attributes stand out.

• Someone's 3.6 gpa may mean nothing if their PCAT score is below what the school looks for.

• Your 3.3 gpa may mean something if your Personal Statement can convince the committee that your application warrants a second look.

• To differentiate yourself from other qualified applicants, take some time and learn about NSU pharmacy program. During my interview, I struck a conversation simply on things I learned off their website. Needless to say, my interview went well!

• NSU seems to like applicants with pharmacy experience. Because I lacked experience, elsewhere in the application were meaningful projects, coherent sentences, good grades etc...

• I wrote my personal statement, but help is available here on SDN. Start early! I can't stress this enough: DO NOT underestimate the power of your thoughts in this vital essay. Other qualified applicants will have grades and strong PCAT. Along with other attributes, the essay may just be the deciding factor. So practice writing well even on these forums.

• I glanced at the interview feedback, but really decided to just go to the interview and be myself. However, I interviewed to other schools already and was already a seasoned applicant :laugh:.

• Use SDN to your advantage but someone's stats won't change yours.

Cangri One, we all can agree that the admissions process can be quite tedious. Someone's stats won't get you into pharmacy school. A lackluster application will complicate things, but there is always hope.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

thank you very much for your advice...those are some good tips I will definitely take them into account. thanks again.

Another spot should be open as I declined their invitation this week.

that was my statn i got in! just nail the pcat n do a good personal statement... 79 pcat....

that was my statn i got in! just nail the pcat n do a good personal statement... 79 pcat....

technically u didn't naiil the pcat, 79 is just mid average, but don't feel bad thats what I got and I got in too. 3.83 gpa also

can someone give me a link to the to-do-list-before matriculating

Members don't see this ad :)
I have known 2 friends who got in Nova with 57% in the Pcat, and 3.7 in GPA.

I would not go by those stats. Both my co-workers (CVS techs) were waitlisted & had GPAs above 3.7 and Pcat scores of 76% & 60%. :cool:

I would not go by those stats. Both my co-workers (CVS techs) were waitlisted & had GPAs above 3.7 and Pcat scores of 76% & 60%. :cool:

I received my acceptance letter from NOVA today. One of your friends might get my seat. I hope someone here gets it. My acceptance came exactly one month since I interviewed.

Yes, Nova is still on probation and I think it is what they expected. I called up to them more than 20 times and never got informed that I had an interview invitation. Then I got rejected. Do you know what reason they used to reject me? Sorry to reject you because you failed to reply to the interview invitation. What the HELL? :mad: I sent an email to them and asked why this happened. You know how they responded? they said sorry that I did not receive the email of interview invitation. I am SO mad about the professionalism of NOVA/NSU. It was my first choice of pharm.d. school, but since it treated me this way, I want to to say "screw it! I don't care." I got admitted to U of Iowa, which has much better ranking than this suck-so-bad NSU :thumbdown:. No wonder why they are on probation. I suggest NSU should have re-trained its staff on professionalism, respect and work ethics. :scared: This school was known as a very commercial one for years.

For those still waiting for an interview, I got invited for an interview this morning and turned it down. :)

Yah I heard they are still interviewing, a lot of the accepted declined their seats, so they still have open spots left,so even if your waitlisted chances are they will give you a call....

Straightlight, I agree that they are very unprofessional, heck I called like everyday for a week and keft 3 messages about my deposit and they never called me back, I even spoke to ple and they said they would relay the message but they never did. Thus I declined the acceptance. They need to get their act together

I also received a call from NOVA yesterday in the afternoon offering an interview. I was at work so I could not stay long on the phone and asked them to send an email regarding the details. I guess they cross me off the list for such a request because I didn't receive anything. I don't think I would go anyhow. On the other hand, it is a good EXCUSE to check out Florida!

by email or phone call?

By phone. The guy that called woke me up out of my sleep, and I'm normally out of it when I'm woken up. He's like "Can I speak to DN?"; "This is she." "This is such and such with Nova"; "Uh huh?"

I probably sounded so disinterested. :p It's weird that they called me for an interview when I sent a letter two months ago to withdraw my application (same thing happened with Mercer too).

Hello all, I was one of the last to probably apply. It was only by my wife being able to relocate that I even looked for a school in Florida. I was probably around the deadline in Jan when applying. Thought nothing about it until they called and wanted an iterview in Apr. Almost 3 weeks after interview got the acceptance letter. My stats are 3.96 GPA and a 82 on PCAT . My Quant was 96 and Chem was a 92. I kinda bombed the reading comprehension. I had applied to Rutgers in 2008 since I'm from NJ, but after an interview I got rejected. Decided to gain some working experience and try again. Don't give up !

Orientation dates have been posted on the website!! aahhhh sooo excited :D

**On another note, does this mean that the west palm campus starts at a later date? :confused:

So has anyone heard from the financial aid office? Or has anyone applied for any private loans?

I applied for private loan and contacted NOva last week. I was told that they have not received the budget yet and we are ought to wait for a few week. I believe it will be about July. So do not worry since the process will not take long.

I missed my mail lady today, but I got a USPS redelivery notice. It's from NOVA and is a large certified mail envelope that I have to pick up. Does this mean an acceptance package? :xf: I really hope it's good news because I am super excited right now! :eek::D What do you guys think?

I e-mailed Nova yesterday to let them know I would no longer be attending their school. Hopefully somone on here will get in, good luck! :)

I applied way back in January and have yet to hear anything from NOVA. I finally go through to someone last week and they said no decision has been made on my application. Does anyone have any idea what this could mean. I have a 3.3 science GPA, 3.6 overall, 69 on PCAT, and 3 years pharmacy experience along with good recommendations.

Congratulations incoming P1s at NSU COP. I am an incoming P2 student and I cannot express how incredible it is to think that ONLY 1 year ago at this time of the year (June 2008), I was in your position; one of excitement, anticipation, and even some worry as well. Let me tell you the first year will pass you by in the blink of an eye...it did for me. If any of you guys or gals have questions or concerns about the first year curriculum, dress code, environment, etc... feel free to pm me or send me an instant message on AIM to JonMarq3. Congratulations to all.

Was anybody wait listed or rejected after interview? I had my interview long time ago and I did not receive anything.

Was anybody wait listed or rejected after interview? I had my interview long time ago and I did not receive anything.

My cousin just graduated from Nova, and she told me that they don't even send rejection letters out after the interview. I thought that was weird and asked if she was sure. She said it's either an acceptance letter that is certified mail or a waitlist letter. She said that's the drawback about Nova, some people wait after the interview and never even receive a letter. By the time school starts, then you really know you aren't in. Maybe you should give them a call? Good luck! :xf:

As of 5PM yesterday, NOVA is OFFICIALLY OFF PROBATION!!! ^_^ I knew they would get off! ^_^

As of 5PM yesterday, NOVA is OFFICIALLY OFF PROBATION!!! ^_^ I knew they would get off! ^_^

niceee! how did u find out about it? :D i'm glad they are off of probation because that kind of worried me for a minute.

you probably got the email from them now. but i work for a professor, and he had informed me...

i was wondering.. for those of you who are still waiting or got late interviews, did you submit your pharmcas application late? if you remember which month you submitted pharmcas please let me know!