This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So they called me on 8/18 telling me I had everything on file and my application was being sent for review but I haven't heard anything. I emailed [email protected] and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Members don't see this ad :)
So they called me on 8/18 telling me I had everything on file and my application was being sent for review but I haven't heard anything. I emailed [email protected] and still nothing. Any suggestions on what I should do?

That is the email provided to us in our acceptance letters if we were to have any questions. My only other suggestion would be to call. I submitted everything mid October.

Hello,
I was wondering how long it took for everyone to receive their supplemental application after their PTCAS app has been verified. Did it take a few days? Or weeks?
Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I submitted my supplemental app Oct 31. Called last week and they told me my application has been reviewed but the committee hasn't come to a decision. I guess we'll see. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone heard back from nova? They sent me an email that my application was complete (supplemental + ptcas) on October 31st. Still waiting to hear back. Someone whose application was complete after me already heard back with a rejection letter which is weird since they have rolling admissions. I sent an email 2 days ago to make sure everything was fine with my app but haven't heard back yet.

Nova does rolling admissions, so if you haven't heard anything back yet its not always bad. You haven't gotten a rejection but they may be looking at what other applicants they get. Don't worry they accept people and people decline and then they fill the seat again. I know of people who have gotten in way in to the spring/right before class starts in the summer as students will put down multiple deposits and before the program starts decide on another school so Nova does its best to start with a full class at the beginning of summer.

I guess we'll see then! Hopefully I know where I am going way before then though haha

Does anyone know if the class has been filled or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you like the Open House?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I really liked it! The campus is beautiful, the students we met were very nice and seemed to love the program. They were second year students and said they didn't really enjoy the on campus housing because it was expensive and uncomfortable (confined). They also said the housing department can help students find apartments off campus and assist in finding roommates as well.

For those accepted at the Fort Lauderdale campus, I have created a group on Facebook: "Nova Southeastern University DPT Class of 2020"

Has anyone still not heard from NSU about whether or not they have gotten in?

Has anyone still not heard from NSU about whether or not they have gotten in?

I haven't. Every time I email and ask it's the same response (your application is under review) but it's been under review since September lol

I haven't. Every time I email and ask it's the same response (your application is under review) but it's been under review since September lol

I am in the same boat. Best of luck to the both of us!!!

I received an email about three weeks ago asking me to submit a 500 word "committee review essay." I have not heard back since I submitted it. Did anyone else have to submit this before you were accepted?

For those accepted at the Fort Lauderdale campus, I have created a group on Facebook: "Nova Southeastern University DPT Class of 2020"

Hey! Congrats on acceptance. Did you have to complete a "committee review essay" before you were accepted? I'm wondering if that is standard for acceptance or if my application was on the bubble and they needed this to determine if they wanted me or not?

Hey! Congrats on acceptance. Did you have to complete a "committee review essay" before you were accepted? I'm wondering if that is standard for acceptance or if my application was on the bubble and they needed this to determine if they wanted me or not?

Hey there! I've also been accepted but I was not asked to complete a review essay. I've read though in posts from previous cycles that some applicants are given this while others aren't and both cases have received acceptances. Goodluck to you!

Hey! Like @OMW2DPT , I did not have to complete a review essay so I'm not sure what that entails or why they ask for that. However, I don't think they would ask you to do that unless they were considering your application! Otherwise, they could have flat out rejected you, if that were the case. I would take it as a good sign, good luck!

Hey there! I've also been accepted but I was not asked to complete a review essay. I've read though in posts from previous cycles that some applicants are given this while others aren't and both cases have received acceptances. Goodluck to you!

Do you plan to attend NSU?

Hey! Like @OMW2DPT , I did not have to complete a review essay so I'm not sure what that entails or why they ask for that. However, I don't think they would ask you to do that unless they were considering your application! Otherwise, they could have flat out rejected you, if that were the case. I would take it as a good sign, good luck!

You're right! I was accepted!!

Hey Guys!

I just have two quick questions about NSU if anyone knows the answers:

When is the exact start date in May?

What sort of time off do we get between semesters?

I am from Canada it would be nice to know how often I could visit home. I'm very excited, but I'm also trying to wrap my ahead around the fact this is actually real!!

Hey Guys!

I just have two quick questions about NSU if anyone knows the answers:

When is the exact start date in May?

What sort of time off do we get between semesters?

I am from Canada it would be nice to know how often I could visit home. I'm very excited, but I'm also trying to wrap my ahead around the fact this is actually real!!

Orientation is mandatory and is the same day as the first day of class (May 22nd). Between semesters we only get about a week off. The exception is between fall and spring semesters we get about 3 weeks off.

@futuredpt-prof I am currently a PT1 at Nova so feel free to ask any questions you may have

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
GPA: 3.62
Prereq-GPA: 3.32 (PTCAS)
GRE: 149 V, 154 Q, 5.0 W
Observation Hours: 140 Inpatient, 40 Outpatient Postural, 4 Outpatient Sports Medicine
Extracurricular: Research Participant (2 studies), Research Assistant (30 hours), Volunteer Inpatient Hospital (100 hours), Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity Volunteer, EPA Honor Society club member, Pre-PT club member, Intramurals (7 teams), Community Garden Volunteer, Salvation Army Volunteer, St. Baldrick's Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children Volunteer
Certifications: First Aid/CPR, AED

Applied: UNC - Chapel Hill, Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale, University of Rhode Island, Western Kentucky University, Regis University, MUSC

Interviews: Western Kentucky University (declined invite)

Waitlisted: Regis University Interview (never taken off waitlist), MUSC (never taken off waitlist)

Acceptances: Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (12/09)

Rejections: UNC - Chapel Hill (12/07), University of Rhode Island

@futuredpt-prof I am currently a PT1 at Nova so feel free to ask any questions you may have

Major: Exercise & Sport Science
GPA: 3.62
Prereq-GPA: 3.32 (PTCAS)
GRE: 149 V, 154 Q, 5.0 W
Observation Hours: 140 Inpatient, 40 Outpatient Postural, 4 Outpatient Sports Medicine
Extracurricular: Research Participant (2 studies), Research Assistant (30 hours), Volunteer Inpatient Hospital (100 hours), Relay for Life, Habitat for Humanity Volunteer, EPA Honor Society club member, Pre-PT club member, Intramurals (7 teams), Community Garden Volunteer, Salvation Army Volunteer, St. Baldrick's Volunteer, Feed My Starving Children Volunteer
Certifications: First Aid/CPR, AED

Applied: UNC - Chapel Hill, Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale, University of Rhode Island, Western Kentucky University, Regis University, MUSC

Interviews: Western Kentucky University (declined invite)

Waitlisted: Regis University Interview (never taken off waitlist), MUSC (never taken off waitlist)

Acceptances: Nova SE - Ft. Lauderdale (12/09)

Rejections: UNC - Chapel Hill (12/07), University of Rhode Island
How did you tackle their supplemental essay and did they bring it up during your interview?

How did you tackle their supplemental essay and did they bring it up during your interview?

The supplemental essay I had for Nova was based on the 7 core values of physical therapy, I would refer to APTA for explanations of those core values and choose one to focus on in the supplemental, as long as it is the same. There is not interview process for NSU.

Reactions: 1 user