November 2013 PCAT official scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yulijavi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
Although there is a preliminary-scores thread already created, I just cannot wait until the official scores are released for November PCAT takers!!! Please share if your official results were posted... how is it compared to your preliminar one? Good luck to all of you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It takes about 4 weeks...
And they aren't any different from the prelims because it is a computerized comparison to a known control group. (Hence why each section has 8 questions that don't count on your score. You are creating the next norm group for when those questions are on the next year's PCAT.)
What you are waiting on is someone to read your essays.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, the score is posted in my PCAT webinfo profile!!! And it did not change, just got my writing score.
These are my stats (oh I'm soooooooo happy happy happy!!!)
Verbal Ability: 416 (75%)
Biology 447 (97%)
Reading Comprehension 436 (97%)
Quantitative Ability 423 (85%)
Chemistry 439 (93%)
Writing 4.0 (Mean 3.3)
Composite 432 (95%!!!!!!)
Now waiting for at least one interview...

Good job. As long as you have decent grades and LORs to back it up you can basically pick where you want to go.

Yeah I had a 97 and 3.4 and got in on the first day of admissions. I would advise you if your GPA is on par with the school's average not to waste money on applying to more than your top choice or maybe two, unless you are coming up on deadlines.

I did horrible on the writing section, i got a 2.5 :(…. Do schools require you to have a minimum passing grade to be considered? I can't believe i did that bad. I haven't submitted my application to any schools yet and I'm now thinking i have no chance at pharmacy school now that i got my official pcat scores and that i should just quit now before i spend a ton of money that i don't have on applying to these schools that will just reject me...

Im getting my bachelor degree in biochem in may, good recommendations, i have a ~3.5 gpa, some pharmacy and a lot of research . My pcat scores are Writing (2.5), Chem (87%), Bio (74%), Verbal (10%), Quant (64%), and Reading (54%). Composite 57%. Should i apply?

If i take the January pcats and apply in early december, do you think they will reject me before they receive my new jan pcat scores?

Please help me.

I did horrible on the writing section, i got a 2.5 :(…. Do schools require you to have a minimum passing grade to be considered? I can't believe i did that bad. I haven't submitted my application to any schools yet and I'm now thinking i have no chance at pharmacy school now that i got my official pcat scores and that i should just quit now before i spend a ton of money that i don't have on applying to these schools that will just reject me...

Im getting my bachelor degree in biochem in may, good recommendations, i have a ~3.5 gpa, some pharmacy and a lot of research . My pcat scores are Writing (2.5), Chem (87%), Bio (74%), Verbal (10%), Quant (64%), and Reading (54%). Composite 57%. Should i apply?

If i take the January pcats and apply in early december, do you think they will reject me before they receive my new jan pcat scores?

Please help me.

The degree is a plus for sure. They prefer that. The advice I am giving is based on my experience with UT. The first priority they weigh is GPA. They also have an average acceptance PCAT of around 70, so that means statistically 3 people with around a 60 will be admitted that balance my score. I don't think anyone pays attention to the writing, and a 2.5 isn't that bad. So given this data it seems that it is possible to get into a high rank school with your credentials, but I wouldn't be confident. You can definitely get into a low or mid tier school, but in my state they only have about a 50% job placement rate within 3 months for the non ranked schools, whereas UT had 97% and 86% upon graduation.
Don't believe that all PharmDs are created equal... better to wait and apply twice for a better school than go to a degree mill.

Forgot to answer your last part. If you indicate that you plan on a retake, and they feel that the PCAT is your only weak link, most schools will give you a conditional acceptance contingent on your new (improved) PCAT score.

Yah...scores came out quick (officially)
My scores: low enough for me to retake (already signed up for Jan 7th test date)
Writing score: 4.0 (average 3.33)

Great, thanks Blueheron!
Hey Congrats on your results !!! I am taking it in Jan 2014 what exactly did you use to prepare for it?! What was your strategy for the Reading Comp section if you do not mind sharing it would be EXTREMELY helpful :) ?!

Last edited:
Hi Eleisha, thank you for your compliments! English is not my first language.... Honestly, for reading what I did was the Pearson practice tests, and I used Collins, just to have an idea of how the questions were going to look like; but I read the passages and tried to answer very carefully all of the questions, never leave anything blank... Another thing: out of the four choices for an answer, always two of them are no-sense or improbable; whenever I was doubtful on the answer, I removed the two that were not reasonable and chose randomly between the probable ones!!!

Okay, Thanks that all sounds reasonable.. I am also using Dr. Collins. Where are you looking to apply?

Cool, I am also applying to LECOM and NOVA !! UF is also a good choice goodluck! My top choice is UGA..( the gators are our rivals lol) Maybe we will meet one day!!!