Now that I've been accepted, what should I do to prepare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n02688402

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to Touro, and I couldn't be happier. I've read that it's best to just relax once you get accepted since the next 4-5 will be hell. I don't mind that, but I feel like I should, I guess, do something to prepare myself. Anyone have access to the curriculum or textbooks they use? Honestly, a little anxious to start and it would set me at ease to know that I'm at least gearing up for the climb.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing you do will "prepare" you for school, honestly. Even if you study, you won't know what to focus on and how in depth to go. Besides learning basic dental terminology (buccal, lingual, distal, mesial, incisal edge, height of contour, tooth #'s), there is nothing to do.

Go relax and have fun, because it's a grind and you won't get to be truly stress free again for many, many years. All that said, congrats on the acceptance for real!

work a little so you have spending money
relax and enjoy yourself
congrats on the acceptance...

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing you do will "prepare" you for school, honestly. Even if you study, you won't know what to focus on and how in depth to go. Besides learning basic dental terminology (buccal, lingual, distal, mesial, incisal edge, height of contour, tooth #'s), there is nothing to do.

Go relax and have fun, because it's a grind and you won't get to be truly stress free again for many, many years. All that said, congrats on the acceptance for real!
That's what I figured. Maybe I'll read my dental assisting book to get my head into it.

work a little so you have spending money
relax and enjoy yourself
congrats on the acceptance...
I'm working as a dental assistant now so I guess I'll just focus on that.

RELAX! ENJOY! You are about to embark on a tough four year journey. This is perhaps the last time in your life to be completely care-free. Take a trip! Do fun stuff!