Now that you all are matching...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in working on mod staff and helping to develop the Residency Subforum? :) If so let me know! Or, if you'd like to nominate someone else, that is cool too.

- Anna

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Huh? I am technically one of the people responsible for developing this subforum. :D I AM already on staff here... but I have no time. Or energy. :oops:

I completely understand that. I was once in your shoes as a mod here, but I didn't have the time or energy to continue, which is why I'm emeritus now and won't be applying for this opportunity. :)

Huh? I am technically one of the people responsible for developing this subforum. :D I AM already on staff here... but I have no time. Or energy. :oops:

Humor was definitely lost in translation... I just thought it was funny she only stated residency subforum - Leaving off the fellowship portion of it.

It is definitely difficult to find the time to post up and read everything :cool:

~above~

I do read up every thread on this subforum (even if I don't care about content/don't post there) and clean up as necessary... but definitely no time to develop it. And since I am likely going back to school starting this summer, I will have even less time. Scary, huh? You graduate pharmacy school, and you think you are done with books and exams (I remember we celebrated "The Last Exam" in P-3 year) - and then a couple years go by, and you start missing the academic environment, and you realize how many things you don't know that you need to know for your job... and voila. :laugh:

I do read up every thread on this subforum (even if I don't care about content/don't post there) and clean up as necessary... but definitely no time to develop it. And since I am likely going back to school starting this summer, I will have even less time. Scary, huh? You graduate pharmacy school, and you think you are done with books and exams (I remember we celebrated "The Last Exam" in P-3 year) - and then a couple years go by, and you start missing the academic environment, and you realize how many things you don't know that you need to know for your job... and voila. :laugh:

Going back to school?!? You are crazy! MBA? MPH?

Going back to school?!? You are crazy! MBA? MPH?
Hey, when I was on psych service, I did ask the psych resident! She said I was disgustingly normal! :p

MSJ. That's a curious degree - law for non-lawyers. Since I am pretty confident I don't want to be a practicing attorney, but I do need quite a bit of legal backgroud (especially IP) to really do my job well, I decided to do that. And my work is going to reimburse me for that... but working 10 hour days AND going to school two nights a week is going to be tough.

The good thing is it is only 30 hours (one year full-time or two part-time) so it is much less of a time commitment than an MBA. Besides, I am still not sure what type of an MBA is going to best serve my needs (a useless generic MBA crap is NOT going to get me where I want to be), and besides all the good MBA programs are full-time, and I can't afford to take two years out to go to school full-time. Besides, I may be going overseas in a couple years, so four-year part-time time commitment would be too much too. So that's a long story of my quasi-insanity.

But that's still better than working retail... I worked tonight (I work retail every other Saturday) and it SUCKED today. All kinds of troubles... did they all get out on the first day of Spring or what?

Last edited:
It's all good. Everyone gives when they have time and everyone helps in different ways. By no means are you a slacker.

Spring here smells like pig doody. :(

Spring here smells like pig doody. :(

LOL...I always thought that was the fresh scent of horse doody I smelled when I stepped out of the door in the morning. I guess it's all the same anyway. :rolleyes: