NPTE July 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyone feel about the exam

EDIT: I passed!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm in NJ and all of my classmates (from BU in mass) and I are still waiting on our results..... must be based on school code/school for release? My classmates vary (ca, me, ma, ut, ny)

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed in Illinois. Posted for the first time back in 2016 regarding my clinical stats, as I found those very helpful during the application process. Haven't checked this site, until after the NPTE. Thank you all for the positive support. Following a difficult exam, it was tough to have any hope. After reading through previous thread's and this thread I realized everyone feels the same after the exam (sick). Congrats to everyone on taking the NPTE! Thanks.

Passed here in Ohio on 1st attempt. Congratulations to everyone that made it to this point and I pray we all have fruitful careers!

Reactions: 1 user
I am from NJ and found out I failed yesterday by a couple of questions. It’s heartbreaking and disappointing but all I can do is work to pass next time.

Does anyone have any info about failing and what to do about applying for license, or jurisprudence? Do I have to redo all of this?

Thanks any help is great!

I am from NJ and found out I failed yesterday by a couple of questions. It’s heartbreaking and disappointing but all I can do is work to pass next time.

Does anyone have any info about failing and what to do about applying for license, or jurisprudence? Do I have to redo all of this?

Thanks any help is great!
I am so sorry to hear that news, but I am sure you will pass next time! As long as you schedule the exam within the next 6 months you won't have to redo the application process. You should be able to just call and reschedule. Goodluck!

Passed in NY! I have predominantly used this forum to lurk and read. I always appreciated the support of others and those who shared their practice exam scores. I took an exam once a week.

Scorebuilder A: 67%
TherapyEd 1: 64%
Scorebuilder B: 70%
TherapyEd 2: 72%
Scorebuilder C: 73%
TherapyEd 3: 68%
Practice PEAT (2 wks before npte): 78% 682
Retired PEAT (1 week before npte): 82% 643

I felt so defeated after the exam as I came to realize I missed about 10 questions that I should have known.

Congratulations everyone!!!

Hi friends! Passed here in IL! I thought I failed too, but thankfully I was successful in the end! Congratulations to all of my new colleagues. Those of you who didn't pass, keep your head up and keep trying, trying, trying!!!! You can and will do it! For those of you who care, I only used Scorebuilders and the PEAT to prepare. My scores were as follows:

SB test A: 59%
SB test B: 72%
SB test C: 74%

PEAT Practice test: 79%
PEAT retired test: 81%

I just found out my scaled score was 667 on the NPTE. The retired PEAT estimated my scaled score to be 665-717 on the NPTE, so this was right on! Hope this gives people with similar scores some hope!

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase NPTE score 100+ points? The test was extremely overwhelming to say the least, even with the amount of preparation I did beforehand. I'm apprehensive to register for the October exam without a solid game plan moving forward.

Posting for the next round of board takers. Like others, I thought the test was super hard, but I passed too. This forum is a great resource and I enjoyed keeping up with everyone in the week after boards.

Does anyone have any tips on how to increase NPTE score 100+ points? The test was extremely overwhelming to say the least, even with the amount of preparation I did beforehand. I'm apprehensive to register for the October exam without a solid game plan moving forward.

I found it helpful to use TherapyEd in conjunction with Kyle Rice’s materials and podcasts for strategies to answer questions. He functions under PT Hustle. You can join the FB group as well as download his podcasts on the podcast app. He has cheat sheets for certain topics and goes through thinking through a question each episode! I worked out to it as a supplement.

I'm sorry to hear about not passing. Yes, there are plenty of test-taking strategies that Therapy Exam Prep provides. First, it's about knowing how to approach the question. Then it's recognizing what to do when getting down to the MC answers. As well as being able to systematically eliminate answers. I have a few YouTube videos that help to improve on scores such as "NPTE Tips - 3 Aspects To Improve On Practice Exam Scores."

Was unable to sleep before the exam and hazily entered Prometrics where they had technical delays and all testers had to sit in the lobby without study materials or phones for 2 hours before finally being able to begin the exam. Walked out of there feeling like a zombie and was 100% sure that I failed the exam. Was by far the most difficult exam I had ever taken. Spent the week of waiting reorganizing my study materials and getting ready to retake it in October. Somehow passed!

Studied for 3 weeks using only TherapyEd.
Retired PEAT: 571
Therapy Ed 1: 66%
Therapy Ed 2: 67%
Therapy Ed 3: 73%
Practice PEAT: 615
NPTE: 692

Studied using the Final Frontier 10-12 week program and the free PT Hustle podcasts. The NPTE was by far the most difficult exam that I had ever taken, more difficult than any of the practice test or PEAT exams.

TherapyEd 1: 67%
TherapyEd 2: 72%
Retired Academic PEAT: 608
TherapyEd 3: 60% (Mentally Fatigued at this Point)
_____________TOOK SOME TIME OFF_________________
Final Frontier Practice Examination: 660
Practice PEAT: 659
NPTE: 657

Passed in CA. Hardest test I've taken in my life. Everyone I spoke with thought they failed after that test. Seeing other people from previous cohorts post their practice exam scores and their actual exam scores really kept me at ease, so I am going to pay it forward.

I started properly studying around 2 weeks after graduation. My study regimen included studying for 6-8 hours Mon-Thurs and taking a practice test every Fri. I reviewed the practice test questions over each weekend. I mostly studied through scorebuilders while supplementing with therapyed. I reviewed every single practice question from every test which helped a lot.

Retired PEAT taken before official studying: 598
Scorebuilders #1: 60.5%
TherapyEd #1: 68%
Scorebuilders #2: 73.5%
TherapyEd #2: 68%
Scorebuilders #3: 73.5%
TherapyEd #3: 74%
Practice PEAT: 657
NPTE score: 712

I also thought the test was very hard! And I felt like a lot of the material was not covered in the scorebuilders book. I feel the PEATs were much easier than the actual boards.

Here are my stats since I also found them helpful when I was studying. They are in the order I took them in.

Scorebuilders A: 140 (70%)
Therapy Ed A: 126 (63 or 64%)
Academic Practice PEAT: 677 (81%)
Academic Retired PEAT: 701 (82%)
Candidate Practice PEAT: 726 (83%)
Candidate Retired PEAT: 721 (88%)

There are probably at least 10 questions that have come back to me that I'm kicking myself over now because I know I missed them and I shouldn't have. At this point I am feeling like my odds of passing are about 50%. ‍♀
What's the difference between academic and candidate PEATs? When I purchased the PEAT I only got a practice exam and retired exam. Curious if there is more.