NPTE - October 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D-Rif17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Figured I'd start a thread to see how people felt about the exam and posting of results for the October NPTE.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Extremely difficult- i failed the last npte in july with a 598 and felt prepared before taking this exam. My mindset changed after i took it

Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely difficult- i failed the last npte in july with a 598 and felt prepared before taking this exam. My mindset changed after i took it
I made a 598 in July as well.... This one just wore me down the whole 5 hours

I can’t stop looking at my notes to see what I got wrong and right. So far I’ve counted about double more that were wrong than right :(

It was mentally draining! Staying positive and hoping for the best at this point!

Reactions: 1 user
There were some questions on it where I was just like...this terminology was not in the therapy ed or score builders study books...like what the actual heck... and then I just blanked on basic stuff too...I'm usually a pretty good test taker but I'm actually legitimately nervous about passing....Why can't we know right away? :[

Agreed! I'm hoping that stuff that I had no clue about was among the 50 experimental questions.

outwardly I feel like I failed but deep down I feel optimistic that I and hope all of us passed. It's been a rollercoaster ride waiting for the results.

I have have absolutely no idea how I did, I pretty much feel how I did post PEATs, however I passed both of them by the skin of my teeth so who knows.

Any idea when we should start finding out? Is it tomorrow evening or Wednesday evening?

If anyone failed on their October attempt and is located in Tallahassee, Florida, please feel free to contact me if you'd like a study partner.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a feeling that it will be a low score needed to pass. Like a 134ish. Exam was brutal.

Does anyone have a feeling that it will be a low score needed to pass. Like a 134ish. Exam was brutal.
Really hoping thats the case! The lower the better and I agree the exam was quite difficult.

I smashed both of the PEATs and progressed every time I took an exam.... july boards were 133-134 passing scores.... this thing hopefully will be 120’s....

Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. I got an 86% on the retired PEAT and felt really good about my studying, however this exam just felt different then the PEATs. Hopefully all goes well!

Does anyone have their results yet??
I don't believe so, still too early. NPTE- The Final Frontier Facebook group has a google sheet open for people to post in when they get their results and in what state but nothing has been added in it yet.

It's here if you want to peek. Take a look on the second sheet if you want to know when the results were posted for the July 2017 exam!

On the NPTE Final Frontier page someone said that people who had their scores withheld (for whatever reason) has started to be notified. Sooo I guess pass/fail results will come somewhat soon then right?!

Scores are starting to come in, Florida, NY, SC, Texas and Washington state have all been reported! I'm in NY so hopefully I won't have to wait -too- much longer.

I PAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed, then fell to the floor, then cried.
Good vibes to everyone who hasn't heard yet! That goes double for those that were retaking it, I can't even imagine going through this horrifying ordeal more than once!

Reactions: 1 users
Passed in Florida. Now I can learn and read what I want to and rid myself of the NPTE and what the APTA thinks I should know.

the wait was tough but made getting the score a little more exciting in a way. I hope there's a 100% pass rate this year!

the wait was tough but made getting the score a little more exciting in a way. I hope there's a 100% pass rate this year!
For anyone who did not pass I am truly sorry and I feel your grief and angry. This was my 3rd attempt. I cannot give you any insight other than trying to stay positive Do not take it out on yourself, just know this is a terrible exam and will not reflect upon you as a clincian.

For anyone who did not pass I am truly sorry and I feel your grief and angry. This was my 3rd attempt. I cannot give you any insight other than trying to stay positive Do not take it out on yourself, just know this is a terrible exam and will not reflect upon you as a clincian.
What did you do to study for this attempt? This will be my fiance's second time not passing so January will be her third attempt. As you know, her feeling defeated is truly an underestimation of her true feelings. She used note cards, took practice exams and took an online lecture course. What did you change about the way you studied?

Hi all this was my 4th attempt in October and failed that too.. mentally and emotionally sick after this. kindly help me out .Please share with me study tips and any important notes on research coz I don't have them ( I am foreign educated)

What did you do to study for this attempt? This will be my fiance's second time not passing so January will be her third attempt. As you know, her feeling defeated is truly an underestimation of her true feelings. She used note cards, took practice exams and took an online lecture course. What did you change about the way you studied?
I used PT final exam and found an online study partner to go over weakness every week for at least 3hrs.

Hi all this was my 4th attempt in October and failed that too.. mentally and emotionally sick after this. kindly help me out .Please share with me study tips and any important notes on research coz I don't have them ( I am foreign educated)
Try PT final exam

Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my experience with those that did not pass the October NPTE. I took it in July and unfortunately did not pass, however was successful on the October exam. I think it is crucial to start with examining the weaknesses and the best way to go about such is by purchasing the Performance Feedback Report. This allows you to look for a pattern of weakness (e.g. by content) or lack of endurance (e.g. by sections). On my second attempt I diversified my studying as much as I can to ensure that I really hit all of my weak points. I used both Scorebuilders and O’Sullivan review books. Additionally, I read certain parts of Kisner & Colby, which I found to be a great source for interventions. I also utilized the large O’Sullivan red book as a reference regarding certain topics (e.g. SCI, TBI, Dressings). I took as many practice exams as I can and reviewed every question afterwards.

Most importantly it is crucial to establish a solid study schedule and follow it! Stay positive and you will conquer this exam!! Take a break if you were unsuccessful and enjoy life for a bit and then dive right into the studying and always remind yourself of the ultimate goal!

Best of luck to everyone!

i just failed, the october NPTE, i havent received my score report yet so i am not really sure where my weaknesses are. Anyways, i am planning to take the january npte. and i would like to know if any you have a study calendar with topic goals on each day that you might wanna share or if you have any suggestions on how i should make mine?