This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! Hoping I am not the only one who came to this website in a frantic panic after taking the NPTE this month. So I thought I would start a thread we can all share in this feeling through our week of waiting. Lol. How did everyone feel??

*****Be sure not to post any specific test details of course!!******
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PASSED IN CA. Test taken on the 27th and results came out on Monday for me. My thoughts on finishing the test was that it was easier than all the practice tests I took on SB, TherEd (O'Sullivan), and slightly easier than the PEATs. I had 1 hour remaining after submitting the NPTE.

I'll share some of my practice test scores (which weren't the best) and maybe it will help ease your mind.

I started studying in the beginning of September.

9/11/20 SB 1: 119/200 (59.5%) 1:07 remaining, took this test only reviewing MSK and Neuro.

9/23/20 Practice Peat 1: 167/250 (67%)

9/29/20 SB 1: 136/200 (68.0%) 1:01 remaining
10/7/20 SB 1: 134/200 (67.0%) 0:34 remaining

10/10/20 TherEd 1: 122/200 (61%) 0:32 remaining
10/16/20 TherEd 2: 132/200 (66%) 0:10 remaining
10/20/20 TherEd 3: 137/200 (69%) 0:01 remaining

10/22/20 Practice Peat 2: 179/250 (71.6%)
10/24/20 Retired Peat 2: 189/250 (75.6%) Taken in 50 question blocks, breaks in between.

10/25/20 SB Online Advantage: 133/200 (66.5%) 1:07 remaining

10/27/20 NPTE: 655
 
Last edited:
Got my score today, here is how it compares to PEATs that I took:

4/27 Academic Retired PEAT 132/200 66% 567
5/29 Practice PEAT 142/200 71% 624
7/14 Retired PEAT 165/200 83% 653
8/1 Academic Practice PEAT 152/200 76% 636
10/27 NPTE 647
 
PASSED IN CA. Test taken on the 27th and results came out on Monday for me. My thoughts on finishing the test was that it was easier than all the practice tests I took on SB, TherEd (O'Sullivan), and slightly easier than the PEATs. I had 1 hour remaining after submitting the NPTE.

I'll share some of my practice test scores (which weren't the best) and maybe it will help ease your mind.

I started studying in the beginning of September.

9/11/20 SB 1: 119/200 (59.5%) 1:07 remaining, took this test only reviewing MSK and Neuro.

9/23/20 Practice Peat 1: 167/250 (67%)

9/29/20 SB 1: 136/200 (68.0%) 1:01 remaining
10/7/20 SB 1: 134/200 (67.0%) 0:34 remaining

10/10/20 TherEd 1: 122/200 (61%) 0:32 remaining
10/16/20 TherEd 2: 132/200 (66%) 0:10 remaining
10/20/20 TherEd 3: 137/200 (69%) 0:01 remaining

10/22/20 Practice Peat 2: 179/250 (71.6%)
10/24/20 Retired Peat 2: 189/250 (75.6%) Taken in 50 question blocks, breaks in between.

10/25/20 SB Online Advantage: 133/200 (66.5%) 1:07 remaining

10/27/20 NPTE: 655
Hey where I can find all these practice exams? Thank you
 
Just to share with anyone who is taking the test and feeling worried. If you feel like you failed, this is completely normal. I felt like I failed the NPTE, and ended up scoring pretty well. The week wait is torture, but remind yourself that it is a 90% pass rate and you got this. Go enjoy yourself and don't think about the questions you missed.

TL;DR It is 100% normal to feel like you failed. The week wait is torture. Don't think about all the questions you missed. Congrats.

TE1: 71%
PEAT: 679 (78%)
SB1: 67%
TE2 80%
TE3 68%
PEAT practice: 685 (82%)
NPTE: 714