NPTE OCTOBER 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsmeremo

Reaction score
Hie guys!! Post your feedback who took the exam today.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the exam was really tough.

Definitely counted at least 20 I know for a fact I got wrong. :(

Reactions: 1 user
I did just fine on the PEAT I took the week before this exam and felt like the NPTE was NOTHING like the peat. This exam felt so much harder than practice tests. Most similar to Therapy Ed I thought.

I agree, I passed the PEAT and Scorebuilder tests, however the NPTE seemed much more difficult and many of my classmates agreed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree! It was much more difficult than the PEAT practice exams! Not feeling too confident but hoping for the best

I felt the questions were at the same level of difficulty as hundreds of practice tests I took. I never took PEAT or Scorebuilder though, only TherapyEd and similar ones.

I felt the questions were at the same level of difficulty as hundreds of practice tests I took. I never took PEAT or Scorebuilder though, only TherapyEd and similar ones.
If you don’t mind me asking, what else did you study with besides TherapyEd?

OMG. This is my second time taking it and I def agree that this one was totally different from the first and waaaaay tougher. I expected it to be difficult and different but not to this extent. I walked out of there like “I’m taking this crap again” ‍♀️ .... def nothing like the practice test. I felt the first exam I took in July was more realistic and fair. This one? It will be by the grace of god if I passed!

If you don’t mind me asking, what else did you study with besides TherapyEd?

For tests, you can also use older editions of TherapyEd books just to have more practice tests. I also used Saunders' Q & A Review for the Physical Therapy Board Examination (found an old version for free through my school library). For books, I used O'Sullivan book which is basically the same as TherapyEd, just was easier to read for me.

I also took the NPTE in July and felt that this one was much more difficult. The content and difficulty of questions for this exam felt much different not only from the July exam but also from any of the 8 practice exams I have now taken. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
People are posting on Final Frontier via Facebook that they have received their results already, like in CA, TX, and some other states.

Passed in California, second time taking it. To those who didn't pass this time I know it feels like the end of the world but don't dwell on the negativity for too long. Studying hard is only part of passing this exam, you need to stay positive and believe in yourself.

Hi everyone, wrote the exam for the 2nd time. Failed in July admittingly did not study effectively enough plus I was working full time in London so did not devote enough time. This exam... I definitely walked out the exam thinking I failed - the exam was tough, period. These tests are designed to test your knowledge and limits. Sitting for 5 hours is inhuman lol especially if you are constantly moving about.

This time I took a solid 3 weeks off, I did study while working for the some of it. I am Foreign-trained but I feel that does not make any difference writing the US exam, the Canadian however - a whole different ball game. If you study the right content - the content they recommend in the guide you are on the right track. Follow that and keep check you are following it otherwise, you are wasting time.

***Therapy Ed: Hands down the best guide out there. Pay attention though it is just a guide so treat it like one... I used it to keep track of studying the right content. Go further into depth into the major sections yourself!! Ask the WHY'S and possible scenarios as you would when you practice.

Scorebuilder: Waste of money although some say the content is better layed out than Therapy Ed. Its very simple so easier to get into but on the surface content - again its it just a guide never hurts to have it... if you have money that is.

***PEAT: A MUST. I recommend going over the question one by one and the books they recommend from which they derived each question.

Text to go over more than just a glance:
1. Acute care handbook for physical therapists.
2. A differential diagnosis for physical therapists.
3. Duttons Orthopaedics - Bible LOL (for the exam at least)

Other handy texts:
-Physical Rehab O'Sullivan's
-Umphreds Neuro Rehab

Extra question bank - ALWAYS helpful
1. NPTE Pocket Prep App on Andriod/ios - when on the go it was great when commuting
2. Saunders' Q & A Review for the Physical Therapy Board Examination - did not use but skimmed over the sample

The rest is willpower and FOCUS.

Im not saying I did every single one of the suggestions I've listed but it will never hurt to. Everyone studies differently so find yours and get to it. Practice taking all the possible tests you can and then go over them, I found that to be the best way... for me.

If you are taking it for the first time or even multiple times don't fret... push hard. Hard work always... eventually pays off. Trust me.

GOODLUCK TO ALL AND CONGRATS TO ALL OF THOSE WHO PASSED.

Last edited:
I Found this - Looking for study partners for NPTE APRIL 2019 – MedicalBrothers

Hello,
Are there any one preparing for NPTE exam in April 2019 from Los Angeles area ? If any one interested to make a study group I am interested to join. We can meet at any libraries to work hard to pass NPTE. Well I am a foreign educated PT have already failed 2 times. So I am seeking only serious study partners.

I am also looking for a study partner . Anybody else on this forum?