Nremt-b exam prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MexicanDr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine finished his EMT-B course in December. He wants to take the exam within the next month, so he was wondering what is a good review book to pass the NREMT-B exam?

He mentioned a few, Mosbys, Kaplan, McGraw-Hill, Barrons or Arco?

Will it be best to read one of those review books first, or just take the practice/review exams on each chapter?

Thanks,

Ed

Members don't see this ad.

You probably won't like this answer much... but in my experience, the best NREMT testing materials are your class notes. There are few accurate practice tests I've found that reflec the way the National Reg does their thing. I've taken and passed both my EMT B and I exams on the first time around, and only reviewed my notes from class.

Get a handle on the differences between what was taught in your class (state protocol is often different than National, and is often taught in class or inadvertently by other EMTs) and study the book and notes you've taken.

"SUCCESS! for the EMT-Basic"
I used it to study for and pass my basic on the first try. It was recommend to me by my Paramedic. It's essentially a whole book of sample questions and answers from the national registry test. Helps you figure out what areas you're weak with and need to study up on. I definitely recommend.