NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the previous accepted students, can you guys share your stats or PM me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For the previous accepted students, can you guys share your stats or PM me? Thanks!
499 MCAT, 3.5 GPA. Worked as a medical scribe/assistant for 4 years, had a lot of volunteer and research hours, and also many leadership positions. But like I said before, my classes stats/backgrounds varied a lot!

Reactions: 2 users
499 MCAT, 3.5 GPA. Worked as a medical scribe/assistant for 4 years, had a lot of volunteer and research hours, and also many leadership positions. But like I said before, my classes stats/backgrounds varied a lot!
yes, I noticed that. Ones told me that she has a bunch of community, volunteer hours, observed 2 different practices and many more thing but scored 17 on DAT with a 3.5 GPA. She is URM I don’t know if that helped her as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am currently in the program. If you have any questions, please send me a private message and I'd be more than happy to answer them for you! :)
Hi
So, do they talk about when to apply to DO cycle (kniwing app opens in May even before MBS program starts)
Also any idea on rotation sites/issues with that with adminstration etc

Do you guys think they would combine the two most recent MCAT Scores?

When should we be hearing back?

Last year they started on April 8th I think. The deadline is April 1st so anytime after that day we should if is the case that we were granted an Interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year they started on April 8th I think. The deadline is April 1st so anytime after that day we should if is the case that we were granted an Interview.

Do you mean started class on April or interviews? I'm considering applying next cycle for the MBS if I don't get into the dental program this December.

just wondering how soon classes start after the application cycle, is it like dental school where you apply and dont start till next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
So, do they talk about when to apply to DO cycle (kniwing app opens in May even before MBS program starts)
Also any idea on rotation sites/issues with that with adminstration etc
Hey! I said to private message me with any questions because it’s easier for me to answer and see. The commenting format is pretty annoying on mobile for me hahah.

Okay, so we had to submit our apps now before March 1st. That should give you an idea as to the time line (we started MBS classes July 2018). But they let you know a long the way everything you need to do. :)

Sorry, I don’t know anything about that stuff and can’t answer your second question. :(

Hey! I said to private message me with any questions because it’s easier for me to answer and see. The commenting format is pretty annoying on mobile for me hahah.

Okay, so we had to submit our apps now before March 1st. That should give you an idea as to the time line (we started MBS classes July 2018). But they let you know a long the way everything you need to do. :)

Sorry, I don’t know anything about that stuff and can’t answer your second question. :(
Sorry I disagree with the timeframe. The application cycle end April 1st.

Do you mean started class on April or interviews? I'm considering applying next cycle for the MBS if I don't get into the dental program this December.

just wondering how soon classes start after the application cycle, is it like dental school where you apply and dont start till next year?

Hi, How are you? to answer your questions, I copied and pasted them below.
1. Do you mean started class on April or interviews? I meant Interviews. 2. I'm considering applying next cycle for the MBS if I don't get into the dental program this December? Same thing I did , hopefully I get a shot. Good luck to you and if you have any questions don’t hesitate in asking me.
3. just wondering how soon classes start after the application cycle, is it like dental school where you apply and dont start till next year? They start at the same time with the dental students but you start the same cycle of your application. We (the ones are applying this cycle) will start classes this year 2019 someday between July 31st ( last year started that day) and August. I guess the ones that get accepted will know the date later on.

And is this a two year program? Thanks

Technically, this is a two years program but if you get B or higher in all your classes the first year , you will be allow to matriculate as a D1 the following year. If not, then you will matriculate as a D1 after the completion of the second year. You are only allow to get 6 credit of Cs and after the 3erd C you are dismissed from the program. That’s the information I absorbed from asking questions to current students.

Sorry I disagree with the timeframe. The application cycle end April 1st.
April 1st for MBS. But I thought they were asking about applying to DO when in MBS in order to bridge. I may have understood the question wrong! Lol.

Hi, How are you? to answer your questions, I copied and pasted them below.
1. Do you mean started class on April or interviews? I meant Interviews. 2. I'm considering applying next cycle for the MBS if I don't get into the dental program this December? Same thing I did , hopefully, I get a shot. Good luck to you and if you have any questions don’t hesitate in asking me.
3. just wondering how soon classes start after the application cycle, is it like dental school where you apply and dont start till next year? They start at the same time with the dental students but you start the same cycle of your application. We (the ones are applying this cycle) will start classes this year 2019 someday between July 31st ( last year started that day) and August. I guess the ones that get accepted will know the date later on.

Appreciate the reply! glad it starts the same year that you apply. I will definitely be applying next year then, hopefully, I won't even have to.

April 1st for MBS. But I thought they were asking about applying to DO when in MBS in order to bridge. I may have understood the question wrong! Lol.
Correct I meant once accepted into MBS, should the student go ahead and apply for AMCOMAS or will school tell you when to open/apply DO app.
Also not sure what % of people would continue into 2nd year MBS usually.
I didnt know how to message privately
But Thank you for your reply

Oh yeah, I couldn’t send you a pm now either! But yes, they tell you once you’re accepted when to apply and what you need to do! :)

I have an acceptance at LCEOM-B but they want everything in by April 11th so I’m kinda in a pickle not entirely sure what to do.

I have an acceptance at LCEOM-B but they want everything in by April 11th so I’m kinda in a pickle not entirely sure what to do.

Congratulations! and Nova is your Top 1? I think LECOM is more cheap, if I am not mistaken.

Has anyone heard anything?

I don’t think so. I have my mind set to receive notifications after april 1st.

Have any current students heard about when they are starting to send interviews??

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! and Nova is your Top 1? I think LECOM is more cheap, if I am not mistaken.

Thanks! And yes LECOM is cheaper but my parents live close to NOVA so at least I have a free place to stay and free food. Would also be nice to come back home after being away for 6 years.

Thanks! And yes LECOM is cheaper but my parents live close to NOVA so at least I have a free place to stay and free food. Would also be nice to come back home after being away for 6 years.

That’s a extremely good point. The only thing you can do is to wait until April 13/14 and if not interviews yet then secure LECOM at least.

That’s a extremely good point. The only thing you can do is to wait until April 13/14 and if not interviews yet then secure LECOM at least.
Yeah true, I will probably have to secure LECOM since the last day is April 11th but I suppose having LECOM secured is better than not! Because who knows if I’ll actually even get an interview from NOVA better safe than sorry

Hey guys

I know this is pretty late to apply but I am planning to apply.

It is my second time applying to the program, and I applied to NSU dental this cycle and got waitlisted.

I found I don’t need to send them my LOR since they have access to my AADSAS application.

But I was wondering if I have to send them my transcripts with no updates from last application.

They specifically mention about LOR but not about transcripts.

Please lmk asap. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys

I know this is pretty late to apply but I am planning to apply.

It is my second time applying to the program, and I applied to NSU dental this cycle and got waitlisted.

I found I don’t need to send them my LOR since they have access to my AADSAS application.

But I was wondering if I have to send them my transcripts with no updates from last application.

They specifically mention about LOR but not about transcripts.

Please lmk asap. Thank you!

Hello! ^
I believe in the FAQ section of the programs website someone asked the same question and they answered saying you would still have to send your Transcripts over

Hi everyone :)
I just applied today and was wondering how the interviews are conducted for this program. Any insight would be appreciated! Good luck to everyone!!

Good luck to everyone :D

Thank you!!! Good luck to you as well. Tomorrow is the deadline, hopefully we can starting hearings news this week. O.M.G I am so nervous

When do we heared anything from this program?

What about did u applied last year ?
No, I didn’t. I was hoping you share any imput. I’ve been checking my email every second. So nervous

No, I didn’t. I was hoping you share any imput. I’ve been checking my email every second. So nervous

I’m right there in that same nervous boat with you! I’ve been checking my emails every few hours

I’m right there in that same nervous boat with you! I’ve been checking my emails every few hours
I think last year the first interviews were sent out on the Monday of the 2nd week of April, so I think we should start hearing back next week. I am also very nervous!

There is a delay with the process of reviewing of the applications so we are not going to be receiving any updates for the following two weeks.

There is a delay with the process of reviewing of the applications so we are not going to be receiving any updates for the following two weeks.
Oh my gosh that's ridiculous, I don't know how much longer I can wait lol

How do you know? Were you able to talk to someone?

You know this waiting game is bad when you're checking your e-mail and refresh it periodically even on the weekends.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! I see from previous comments/threads that interview invites are sent out by e-mail. Has anyone received anything by mail? I don't know if its because I live in Canada, but a couple days ago I received an e-mail with a tracking number for a letter from NSU. Hmmm...