NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I see from previous comments/threads that interview invites are sent out by e-mail. Has anyone received anything by mail? I don't know if its because I live in Canada, but a couple days ago I received an e-mail with a tracking number for a letter from NSU. Hmmm...

II are sent by email, Rejection letters are by mail but at this point it can be either or. I sent an email to the admissions counselor and she told me that everyone’s status was under review and they will start sending out status info by next week. I am surprise that you are receiving anything by now. May I ask through which carrier?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II are sent by email, Rejection letters are by mail but at this point it can be either or. I sent an email to the admissions counselor and she told me that everyone’s status was under review and they will start sending out status info by next week. I am surprise that you are receiving anything by now. May I ask through which carrier?

It's through Fedex, specifically International Priority so I'm surprised as to why it would be mailed express. I missed the delivery attempt yesterday so if I find out today, i'll let you know!

It's through Fedex, specifically International Priority so I'm surprised as to why it would be mailed express. I missed the delivery attempt yesterday so if I find out today, i'll let you know!
I’ll appreciate it , Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I see from previous comments/threads that interview invites are sent out by e-mail. Has anyone received anything by mail? I don't know if its because I live in Canada, but a couple days ago I received an e-mail with a tracking number for a letter from NSU. Hmmm...

Thats interesting! Keep us updated!

That's interesting! Did you apply to the DO school through AACOMAS? It could be regarding a decision on that maybe? Def let us know when you find out!

Also hello everyone! Long time lurker here obsessing over this thread... figured I'd finally post something lol. I'm a first-time applicant going the med route. GPA 3.5, MCAT 500, 2 years of scribing, shadowing, and working as an IV therapist. Some research but no publications.

Super desperate to get into this program since I think it's the most efficient route to med school for me at this point. I applied to 12 DO schools this past cycle with no luck :( Hoping I get some love from this school!

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get in.

Reactions: 2 users
Also hello everyone! Long time lurker here obsessing over this thread... figured I'd finally post something lol. I'm a first-time applicant going the med route. GPA 3.5, MCAT 500, 2 years of scribing, shadowing, and working as an IV therapist. Some research but no publications.

Super desperate to get into this program since I think it's the most efficient route to med school for me at this point. I applied to 12 DO schools this past cycle with no luck :( Hoping I get some love from this school!

Good luck to everyone! I hope we all get in.

Hi! and welcome. As you can see , I am the first one to reply to any comments in this thread lmao. I am in a Dental route and also had no luck in the pass cycle. I really hope to get a shot into this school.

Are you in or out of state? I’ve seen people with your numbers get into the program as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! and welcome. As you can see , I am the first one to reply to any comments in this thread lmao. I am in a Dental route and also had no luck in the pass cycle. I really hope to get a shot into this school.

Are you in or out of state? I’ve seen people with your numbers get into the program as well.
Haha yes! That's why I PM'ed you earlier-- you seem to know a lot about this school!

I'm out of state from the DC area. I worked at FIU after I graduated undergrad and would love to come back to the area!

So I got the fedex package and the mystery was so anticlimactic haha. They were sending back to me a document of mine. At least it’s not a rejection, phew!!

So I got the fedex package and the mystery was so anticlimactic haha. They were sending back to me a document of mine. At least it’s not a rejection, phew!!

Congratulations lol So relieving. I even created account in all three carriers hahahaha omg this wait it’s killing for real

Hahahaha that’s actually pretty funny! Glad it’s not a rejection!

Hi everyone! Been lurking at this post for months. Really hoping to get into this program. I know a few people in this program and they love it (they are all Med but I’m dental). I’ve been told that they won’t be sending invites for interviews for a couple weeks, so I don’t think we should expect to hear anything until the end of April.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Been lurking at this post for months. Really hoping to get into this program. I know a few people in this program and they love it (they are all Med but I’m dental). I’ve been told that they won’t be sending invites for interviews for a couple weeks, so I don’t think we should expect to hear anything until the end of April.

Thanks for the update ! I wonder why they are sending them out later than last year

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the update ! I wonder why they are sending them out later than last year
Supposedly they lost one person from the staff. I was advised to expect an update next week.

So we should be hearing something back next week for an interview? Or just an update saying they are reviewing the applications?

Hey guys! So yesterday they told us they wouldn’t be sending out interviews for the next 2 weeks BUT today we were updated & they told us interviews will be going out NEXT WEEK! :) & the first interview date will be April 24th.

There will definitely be at least 2 rounds of interviews, with the first batch going out next week and the second probably 2 weeks or so after that. So if you don’t get an invite next week, don’t lose hope! I didn’t interview until the 3rd round last year & was still accepted.

There were 500+ applications this year and 42 spots available. Usually 6-8 are for dental, the rest are med.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! So yesterday they told us they wouldn’t be sending out interviews for the next 2 weeks BUT today we were updated & they told us interviews will be going out NEXT WEEK! :) & the first interview date will be April 24th.

There will definitely be at least 2 rounds of interviews, with the first batch going out next week and the second probably 2 weeks or so after that. So if you don’t get an invite next week, don’t lose hope! I didn’t interview until the 3rd round last year & was still accepted.

There were 500+ applications this year and 42 spots available. Usually 6-8 are for dental, the rest are med.

Good luck everyone!

Hi ! thank you for the update.

Good luck everyone!
Do you know what stats roughly they are looking for?

Good luck everyone!

Now I’m nervous! Good luck to everyone!!

Do you know what stats roughly they are looking for?
Like everyone keeps saying, the class stats are extremely variable. They deff consider other aspects of your application along with your stats. As long as your GPA/MCAT/DAT aren't ridiculously low and you have other things to balance out your application, you should be fine. Personally, I had a 499 MCAT and 3.5 GPA with tons of clinical/volunteering/leadership experience. I have no idea what the dental stats are like.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m so nervous I could vomit. That’s all I have to say.

(cries internally)

Hey, I've noticed there's been no traction for the master's program? I know the deadline was April 1st as stated before however since then ive heard by word of mouth that the deadline is actually june 1st? Has anyone tried applying after the deadline?

Last edited:
Hey, I've noticed there's been no traction for the master's program? I know the deadline was April 1st as stated before however since then ive heard by word of mouth that the deadline is actually june 1st? Has anyone tried applying after the deadline?
Who did you hear that from if you dont mind me asking

June 1st? This is highly untrue.

I was thinking the same because they would need to conduct interviews and send out acceptances all before the first day, seems like it would be a bit rushed to me.

I was thinking the same because they would need to conduct interviews and send out acceptances all before the first day, seems like it would be a bit rushed to me.

I agree, especially for those who are out of state

Guys! who is applying to Barry as a second option?

Hey Guys, I’m a current Med MBS. They told us they will be sending out multiple rounds of interview invites starting either sometime this week or next week. They usually do dental first and then Med. Hang tight, I know the waiting game is rough but I didn’t get an interview till mid May and didn’t get accepted till June! Don’t get discouraged! The waiting is the hardest part! Hope to see y’all around during interviews :)

Thank you for the update. This has been a such a long and stressful journey. I was really hoping they started Monday or Today but I guess they are not ready yet.

Haha I completely can relate! I was one of the last people accepted so I thought I didn’t get in at all but it will all be worth it! Lmk if you’ve any questions (it’s the last few exams rn so I might be a little slow to respond) but I’ll try to help

I’m at work right now and periodically checking my emails and sdn. Lord Jesus!

Who did you hear that from if you dont mind me asking

A friend that is obviously not credible, I called in and they said it was a hard deadline. Good luck to all of you.

Guys! who is applying to Barry as a second option?

I might, I just dont know for which term, I like the fact that they offer it year round. I'm assuming this program will not guarantee an interview for NSUs dental program like their own program does? (assuming you get a B or above on all the courses)

I was thinking about it but still unsure if it’s worth it. Have you done research on the school?

I read positive reviews about the program and also heard that Dr. Lipman like the program. I am thinking if I don’t get into NSU then my last option would be go to barry and retake my DAT

A friend that is obviously not credible, I called in and they said it was a hard deadline. Good luck to all of you.

The deadline is indeed without a doubt April 1st.

The deadline is indeed without a doubt April 1st.

yes, I was confirming that the deadline was April 1st after speaking with them directly. Barry actually says on their site that they dont have a strict deadline, but priority is given to those who do apply before it. Barry seems like a good alternative, what do you guys think about FIUs master?

I saw Dr. Lipman back in October and he advised me to retake DAT & apply to Nova's MBS at the same time. If plan A doesn't work, at least I would have plan B as he said, and if I do well on my retake then I'll apply to dental schools in June
That’s a great advice. I wish I knew about this MBS program last year.

Wow so I’m just catching up on all of this.. 500+ applicants?! This next month is going to be soooo stressful!

Wow so I’m just catching up on all of this.. 500+ applicants?! This next month is going to be soooo stressful!

It is already!! I am here reading old thread ( all over again). They said they were going to start this week but I guess they are still behind since they lost one of their staff members. Hopefully they start tomorrow or Friday.

It is already!! I am here reading old thread ( all over again). They said they were going to start this week but I guess they are still behind since they lost one of their staff members. Hopefully they start tomorrow or Friday.
Hahaha I am doing the same thing!! I wonder which staff member they lost. Also, I wonder if you applied early if you hear back sooner. Does anyone know?