NSU vs. UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSU vs. UNECOM

• NSU

Votes: 43 40.2%
  • UNECOM

Votes: 64 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's probably because sasevan is in state.It was the same for me, got an invite Nov 10th and the interview was for Nov 17th
Also could have been that they had an opening for an interview spot since someone declined it and they wanted to fill it.

Members don't see this ad.

I voted for NSU mostly bc I am from Florida as well. NSU is a great school and the area is beautiful!!

Good luck deciding!

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'm blind, but upon looking at the matchlists for the last 3 years at NSUCOM, I don't see Harvard/Stanford listed among any of the specialities. I do see Yale, but that is Yale/Bridgeport Hospital; I think it's safe to say that getting into the program of an affiliated hospital (and not the ACTUAL Yale IM program) isn't as much.

Of course, maybe you know the Harvard/Stanford matches personally, or perhaps some of the Traditional Rotating students end up at those institutions. I'm not sure.

Many of the TRI students match into competitive residencies but on the matchlist they are simply listed as TRI. At my core hospital out of the 5-6 interns I know 3 of them have matched into ortho, derm, and anesthesia. And again these won't be listed on their matchlist. And you must consider that 1/4 of the students do a TRI in florida.

Many of the TRI students match into competitive residencies but on the matchlist they are simply listed as TRI. At my core hospital out of the 5-6 interns I know 3 of them have matched into ortho, derm, and anesthesia. And again these won't be listed on their matchlist. And you must consider that 1/4 of the students do a TRI in florida.

I figured as much since Florida is one of the 5 states. Thanks for the confirmation.

bump. for no reason whatsoever....lol :D

Ok HemeOnc, I guess I'm officially in the same boat as you! ;)

*Bump*

It seems that UNE is winning on this poll, but not many people have commented about it. For those who have voted for UNE, what makes you pick that over NSU? Did you have that option before and chose UNE over NSU. If so, let me know either through the thread or by PM. Thanks!

Hey HOD! Why don't you let both schools know you are trying to decide between them, and tell them that you have decided to put the decision in their hands? Invite them each to woo you like a lovelorn calf, shower you with gifts, perks, scholarships, fancy European automobiles and trendy swatch watches! And may the best school win...YOU!, HemaOncoDoc!!

I think its a great idea, don't you?

Hey HOD! Why don't you let both schools know you are trying to decide between them, and tell them that you have decided to put the decision in their hands? Invite them each to woo you like a lovelorn calf, shower you with gifts, perks, scholarships, fancy European automobiles and trendy swatch watches! And may the best school win...YOU!, HemaOncoDoc!!

I think its a great idea, don't you?
Great idea! However, somehow I think they'd rather drop me than bid for me. lol.

I will go to the school that will give me the most scholarship though...

Members don't see this ad :)
I may go for that. Not sure yet. I have an interest in MPH since I've done a lot of public health advocacy work.
seeing how I cannot come in and post as often as I'd like, and how toothlessrufus and I are at times trying to beat eachother to the punchline, his posts will count double (to include my jokes) when I am not here, and vice versa I guess to apease the gods. What do you say TR? lol :D

Just has a big change in opinion. If only I can get over a couple of issues, I'll be set to go to one school over another. Hopefully the revisit will make it easier to decide.

What was the change in opinion and the "couple of issues" if you don't mind sharing?

seeing how I cannot come in and post as often as I'd like, and how toothlessrufus and I are at times trying to beat eachother to the punchline, his posts will count double (to include my jokes) when I am not here, and vice versa I guess to apease the gods. What do you say TR? lol :D

Done!:D (Um...is this some kind of pact with Satan??:scared:)

The change of opinion was that I was learning towards NSU over UNE at that point. As to the issues, I'm not too fond of the three month rotation in rural care, the distance from home, the cost of living and rent, the proximity from home, and the incomplete matchlist.

What was the change in opinion and the "couple of issues" if you don't mind sharing?

The change of opinion was that I was learning towards NSU over UNE at that point. As to the issues, I'm not too fond of the three month rotation in rural care, the distance from home, the cost of living and rent, the proximity from home, and the incomplete matchlist.

Hmmm. Why don't you tell the real reason? It will be too hot in Florida to wear your MC Hammer pants all the time.

Hey Hema,

What happened to DMU? Just curious about your choice of NSU over DMU.

Hey Hema,

What happened to DMU? Just curious about your choice of NSU over DMU.
DMU couldn't give me the residency locations that I was looking for. The proximity from home is approximately the same by plane and the location didn't suit me very well. The thought of having to say in the proximity of DMU for my third year rotations wasn't too attractive. Also, I didn't get the overwhelming feeling that I belonged at DMU over NSU. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. DMU is a wonderful school, but just not right for me. It's a pity since I rocked that interview. Best of luck to you at DMU.

HOD, I wouldn't be too worried about the matchlist. Like I said before, I am currently witnessing Interns at my hospital go through the match and what not. Of what I know so far, one has an ortho spot, 2 anesthesia, one derm, 2 emergency med, and a couple surgery. All of these are competitive as you know. The rest I believe are family, OB/GYN, and internal. however even they are getting begged by various programs to come. Base your decision on more personal factors such as location, etc........

HOD, I wouldn't be too worried about the matchlist. Like I said before, I am currently witnessing Interns at my hospital go through the match and what not. Of what I know so far, one has an ortho spot, 2 anesthesia, one derm, 2 emergency med, and a couple surgery. All of these are competitive as you know. The rest I believe are family, OB/GYN, and internal. however even they are getting begged by various programs to come. Base your decision on more personal factors such as location, etc........
That's what I did. :) Thanks!

Classic! lol. Dude, are you going to be a man of your word or are you going to flop and end up somewhere else? You can get vaulted ceilings in FL :)

Ooooh, vaulted ceilings! Good for my bo staff skills!

Good Luck to you at Nova Hema. Maybe we will meet at a conference. See you on the flip side.
Thanks...now you have the UNECOM vs. UMDNJSOM debate to contend with. I can tell you that choosing a single school is an arduous process.