jmanpatsfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I just came across the evaluation form (for physicians) on the NSUCOM website. I searched in various parts of the forum and many of the class of 2013 students said they never used that form. So just to be sure I called the school and a rep said that BOTH the form and a LOR are required. This seems a little silly. I obtained an LOR from a physician quite a while ago, I guess I have to go track him down again. Anyone have any insights into this?

Here is the form:
http://medicine.nova.edu/do/admissions/forms/evaluation.pdf

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
Status
Hmm, maybe its possible when I said on the phone "evaluation form" she thought I was referring to the premedical committee composite letter. I will call again in a few days.
Maybe..but when you look at the evaluation form, it says something like, "...will not be evaluated until we receive this completed form from you..."

It's easy for me to say don't worry about it, but it's not my application. If I had money on it, I'd bet you'd be fine without it, though.

OP
jmanpatsfan

jmanpatsfan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I sent them an email and they responded within 20 minutes. This was their response:
"The forms are not mandatory; they are available for students to use at their own discretion. If you have a well defined evaluation letter with your Physician’s recommendation into the program, then you are Fine [little smiley face]"

Yay.