Nursing home/Inpatient hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DanceQueen66

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am from western suburbs of Chicago, and I am looking to get some Inpatient, nursing home hours for my application. I am calling all the hospitals and leaving messages but not getting any reply. Can I get some idea how to go about this.

Thanks!
 
South Side of Chicago right here. I got nursing home inpatient hours near my school, Indiana State University. Try to find nursing homes where they do physical therapy in the same building. I called one place and they said to come in whenever and it was as easy as that. Best of luck!
 
I went into a nursing home down the street from my house in Des Plaines. They let me start the next day. Most of the hospitals have a (pain in the butt) process that takes months to get in. It took me 3-4 months to finally start volunteering at RIC. Look into the nursing homes around your area and just visit them.