Nursing home IPPE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lexington2012

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a P1 and I was recently assigned my first IPPE. I haven't actually been there yet, but I was assigned a nursing home.

One of the P2's said that nursing homes are the WORST IPPE's to get because you would basically be expected to be a nurse. He said I would be expected to wipe butts. 🙁

Do you think any of this is true? It sounds so bad that I am thinking he may have been joking. I don't think I'd be able to stand cleaning bedpans and whatnot.
 
Hello, I am a P1 and I was recently assigned my first IPPE. I haven't actually been there yet, but I was assigned a nursing home.

One of the P2's said that nursing homes are the WORST IPPE's to get because you would basically be expected to be a nurse. He said I would be expected to wipe butts. 🙁

Do you think any of this is true? It sounds so bad that I am thinking he may have been joking. I don't think I'd be able to stand cleaning bedpans and whatnot.
what?

why would you be wiping butts? You should be working with the pharmacist...

I'm sure wiping butts would go against what your school wants you to do. They don't need you exposed to feces.