NY Methodist Anesthesiology residency program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dam272

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Fellas, kindly provide me any information regarding the Anesthesiology residency program at the NY methodist hospital, Brooklyn, NY. As their site gives no information regarding it, and they do not participate in the ERAS match.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed there a few years ago. Website has zero information. PD seemed to be looking for candidates with previous anesthesia experience as it is a fairly hard, work horse program. Usually offers pre-match. Residents seemed tired and overworked but no one actively complained to me. I heard from other interviewees that they were told to pick other programs/go for the match instead of coming to NY Methodist. No elective rotations for the most part, not even CA3 year. OR areas seemed cramped and messy on the tour. Offers discounted housing close to the hospital (walking distance) and also free lunch on some days of the week.

Reactions: 1 user
There is probably a reason they don't participate in the match...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the information. No electives? That kinda sucks... Any idea about the ICU/Cardiac/Neuro-anesthesia exposure?

I remember that they have a lot of OB experience. I cannot recall specifics about Cardiac, Neuro or critical care.