NY Programs

Started by modo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

modo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any opinions in the following programs in terms of quality, resident happiness, workload, call, facilities, etc? i just can't seem to get a feel for them based off anything so far on the web? many thanks!

Albert Einstein College / Montefiore, Bronx, NY
St Vincent's Hospital (NYMC)
SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)
Staten Island
 
Montefiore is a huge step above the others. It's the University program of Albert Einstein. Residents are very happy there from what I've heard.

I should add that I don't know specifics about the other three programs. I do know that among most people I've spoken to in the area, Montefiore is considered a better program to match at than Columbia (big problems there right now) and Sinai.