NYC area -- where to rotate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Farfromtime

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone in the NYC area could suggest where to rotate.

Basically, I'd rather rotate where I'm likely to get accepted for a residency rather than some fancy place that's a long shot. I'm definitely interested in pediatrics, but I haven't decided on further specialization yet so I'd like to rotate where those opportunities are available as well. I am a 2nd year DO student out-of-state.

I'll need to apply for the gen. ped. rotation within a few months. Any suggestions about setting up the rotation and how to approach the department would be appreciated. 🙂

Thanks!
 
It looks like nobody has responded... I will put in my plug for the Northshore/LIJ/Schnieder Children's program, the hospitals are just a 30 minute drive from manhattan. I did my med school clerkship there and was very impressed with the education, faculty, and broad range of diagnoses. The program is very strong and the residents I worked with were matching into top fellowship programs (hopkins/boston/memorial SK/stanford/etc) and many of the residents are DOs and FMGs. Check it out... i know they have students from NYCOM rotating there sometimes, but I dont know how to go about approaching the dept. Good luck!