NYC + Chicago Radiology Residency Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aan298

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am an MS4 applying to Radiology this month. I realize there are multiple threads regrading radiology programs in Chicago (Rush, U of C etc) but all the ones I could find are at least a few years old. Having said that, previous residents have posted and have regarded some programs in Chicago to be malignant and I was wondering if that has changed.
Similarly I am curious if anyone would like to share their experiences with radiology programs in NYC, are there any malignant programs? I know many regard IM programs to be particularly malignant in NYC but what about radiology programs? Any programs that are obviously worse than others? I know NYU and NYP are ranked highest, but are they necessarily the best?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone can update this post? :/ I wanna know about the programs in Chicago :D

Reactions: 1 user
NW and UC are generally considered top tier in Chicago. Rush is a step below except for IR where they are very strong (NW and Rush are top dogs in IR, lots of PAD at Rush and NW has robust IO). The rest are a step below but some still good training. Avoid tiny programs where you are a workhorse at the expense of learning. Cook Co was known for this when I was on the trail but it may have changed.

NW and UC are generally considered top tier in Chicago. Rush is a step below except for IR where they are very strong (NW and Rush are top dogs in IR, lots of PAD at Rush and NW has robust IO). The rest are a step below but some still good training. Avoid tiny programs where you are a workhorse at the expense of learning. Cook Co was known for this when I was on the trail but it may have changed.
Thank you for the reply :D
Have you heard of other community hospitals? like advocate masonic or St. Francis at Evanston? Are they not bad? or as bad as cook county?