NYCOM - 1st year textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidamu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody knows the textbooks that 1st year NYCOMers are required to purchase?.
Physiology?
Anatomy?
Biochemistry?
Pathology?
Thanks and congrat to all NYCOM Class 2009.

Members don't see this ad.

epidamu said:
Did anybody knows the textbooks that 1st year NYCOMers are required to purchase?.
Physiology?
Anatomy?
Biochemistry?
Pathology?
Thanks and congrat to all NYCOM Class 2009.

Wait until u get here to get the books. Physio, u don't really need to pass the class, because his handouts are so good, but it is a good idea to have A PHYSIO book of somekind.
Anatomy...need to have. ours was Moore and then u need the embryo book and an atlas. They will tell you which specific ones, I am not sure that they have changed, I am guessing not. Anatomy books have been the same for awhile.
Biochem, you will need especially for the 3rd block. The book is Lipincotts 3rd edition or it was for us.
The path book is awesome, don't need it for the class, but if you don;pt get something or whatever, it is good. It is Robbins, Pathologic Basis of Disease. You will not start pathology until february tho so u won't need it right away.
I waited until after orientation to buy the books. Some people had big brothers and sisters that gave them their books or who sold the books to them for a good price or whatever. yOUr big brother or sister will tell u what u need. So I would just wait in case they cahnge the books or whatever. Ifyou really want to buy them before school starts they should send u a book list pretty soon, email me and I will let u know which ones u need.
Good Luck and relax a bit, because this is your last chance.
Kate
nycom 2008

biodork444 said:
Wait until u get here to get the books. Physio, u don't really need to pass the class, because his handouts are so good, but it is a good idea to have A PHYSIO book of somekind.
Anatomy...need to have. ours was Moore and then u need the embryo book and an atlas. They will tell you which specific ones, I am not sure that they have changed, I am guessing not. Anatomy books have been the same for awhile.
Biochem, you will need especially for the 3rd block. The book is Lipincotts 3rd edition or it was for us.
The path book is awesome, don't need it for the class, but if you don;pt get something or whatever, it is good. It is Robbins, Pathologic Basis of Disease. You will not start pathology until february tho so u won't need it right away.
I waited until after orientation to buy the books. Some people had big brothers and sisters that gave them their books or who sold the books to them for a good price or whatever. yOUr big brother or sister will tell u what u need. So I would just wait in case they cahnge the books or whatever. Ifyou really want to buy them before school starts they should send u a book list pretty soon, email me and I will let u know which ones u need.
Good Luck and relax a bit, because this is your last chance.
Kate
nycom 2008

Hey Kate, had no idea you were on SDN too!

from the only guy in our anatomy group.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contact me, if you want to buy the required Osteopathy book for a good price, its in very good condititon, practically, UNTOUCHED :laugh:

Well, only guy in our anatomy group, I find it funny that your name is KRY AND under your name is says cranky. I am usually not on here, but I guess I had a sudden urge to help or something. Well- not since I applied. Call me or I will see you on tuesday. Have a fun weekend.

Thanks Kate, I was just curious....