NYCOM Acceptance: Phone Call or Letter, Big Envelope or Small Envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shenningdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title says it all... does anyone know how NYCOM initially informs you of an acceptance - via phone call or snail mail or e-mail? If snail mail, is the envelope big or small? If it is a phone call, do they just call those accepted, or do they also call thos waitlisted or rejected?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

shenningdo said:
The title says it all... does anyone know how NYCOM initially informs you of an acceptance - via phone call or snail mail or e-mail? If snail mail, is the envelope big or small? If it is a phone call, do they just call those accepted, or do they also call thos waitlisted or rejected?

Thanks!

When my bro was accepted to NYCOM back in 1998, he received the letter in a regular size envelope that was certified mail/return receipt. I remember how much excitement there was because no one was there to accept the envelope the first time delivery was attempted. All it said on the delivery attempt card left in our mailbox was "New York College". I remember my brother telling me he couldn't sleep the night before. He stayed home the next morning and camped out near the mailbox. Then around early afternoon, I heard a loud "WOHOOOOOOOO!!! I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"

I hope I get to do the same thing. :rolleyes:

Snail mail, thick, but regular sized envelope. When you get your letter depends on when you interview since there is a cycle. ADCOMS gets together every few weeks do make a decison. Also, near the holidays, they take alot longer.

SuperFemDoc22 said:
Snail mail, thick, but regular sized envelope. When you get your letter depends on when you interview since there is a cycle. ADCOMS gets together every few weeks do make a decison. Also, near the holidays, they take alot longer.

Thank you for the information. I am quite nervous! When we interviewed, the admissions office said they hope to give us a Christmas present, i.e. they are trying to get the adcom to meet next week and send out letters then. :)