1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NYCOM Acceptance: Phone Call or Letter, Big Envelope or Small Envelope

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by shenningdo, Dec 12, 2005.

1. shenningdo

shenningdo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

The title says it all... does anyone know how NYCOM initially informs you of an acceptance - via phone call or snail mail or e-mail? If snail mail, is the envelope big or small? If it is a phone call, do they just call those accepted, or do they also call thos waitlisted or rejected?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DOc Wannabee

DOc Wannabee Junior Member

Pre-Medical
    When my bro was accepted to NYCOM back in 1998, he received the letter in a regular size envelope that was certified mail/return receipt. I remember how much excitement there was because no one was there to accept the envelope the first time delivery was attempted. All it said on the delivery attempt card left in our mailbox was "New York College". I remember my brother telling me he couldn't sleep the night before. He stayed home the next morning and camped out near the mailbox. Then around early afternoon, I heard a loud "WOHOOOOOOOO!!! I GOT INNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"

I hope I get to do the same thing. :rolleyes:

4. SuperFemDoc22

SuperFemDoc22 Member
    7+ Year Member

Snail mail, thick, but regular sized envelope. When you get your letter depends on when you interview since there is a cycle. ADCOMS gets together every few weeks do make a decison. Also, near the holidays, they take alot longer.

5. shenningdo

shenningdo Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Thank you for the information. I am quite nervous! When we interviewed, the admissions office said they hope to give us a Christmas present, i.e. they are trying to get the adcom to meet next week and send out letters then. :)