NYCOM Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizKhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
I have an interview upcoming at NYCOm on Feb 6th, so i wanted to know exactly what info they asked on their secondary and how long is the paragraph on why wanting to goto NYCom?osteopathy
any info would be greatly appreciated

thanx

rizwan

Members don't see this ad.

dont know much about that stuff, but i go to ny tech where nycom is located and know that you have to know the name of the founder of osteopathy for your interviews sometimes, jsut thought you should know. i hope to go there in 2004.

ummm, yeah it's a bit more than that, but nothing to get stressed over. I'm a first year at nycom. The interview is usually relaxed, depending of course on who you get. Know a bit about osteopathic tmt, why nycom specifically, and mostly, know yourself.

The secondary takes about 30 minutes or less to finish. You get a few lines for the smaller questions and maybe a third of a page for the larger stuff, ie, why nycom. Although, it may have changed since last year.

You'll get lunch and a tour after the interview then the director of admissions will talk for a bit, then your done. Most seem to be getting out around 2-3pm.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also a student at NYIT. I suggest you be very well acquainted with osteopathic medicine, i.e. how it differs from allopathic medicine. And be ready to tell them why you specifically want to be a DO. Also, DO NOT tell them that you intend to specialize, even if you do. They're leery of that sort of thing.

hey 'rizkhan',
just relax and be yourself and should be fine if u have an impressive transcrip[ts and MCAT score.
take care