Nycom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fajita22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how long it takes for NYCOM to contact you for an interview when you recieve one. Also will they notify you if you are not granted an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

you have to contact them to schedule one once you receive the invitation.

I submitted my secondary, heard back in about 1 month about scheduling an interview. I scheduled my interview for exactly one month from that date, and got a response within 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
My ACOMAS application was filed in July. Still haven't heard anything from them. I am out of state, and I know that they prioritize the instate applicants first.

dr.z said:
My ACOMAS application was filed in July. Still haven't heard anything from them. I am out of state, and I know that they prioritize the instate applicants first.

Same here. The wait is getting ridiculous. I called them and they were really nice. Asked me to "be patient with us."

bth7 said:
Same here. The wait is getting ridiculous. I called them and they were really nice. Asked me to "be patient with us."

They really have taken for-ev-er. I just got an interview invite by mail the other day. I'm doing to decline since I've already sent a deposit to WVSOM.

NYCOM was one of my top choices because it would allow me to stay closer to home. Oh well, their loss!

Don't the schools realize that by taking a long time they are putting themselves at a disadvantage since students will have put deposits down at other places?

EMTLizzy said:
They really have taken for-ev-er. I just got an interview invite by mail the other day. I'm doing to decline since I've already sent a deposit to WVSOM.

NYCOM was one of my top choices because it would allow me to stay closer to home. Oh well, their loss!

Don't the schools realize that by taking a long time they are putting themselves at a disadvantage since students will have put deposits down at other places?

You know, it's funny...NYCOM definitely knows this and uses it to their own advantage on the other side of things. I'm currently holding my spot at NYCOM but open to other options...I've already sent 500 to them, and they want another 1000 in mid-March. So, they surely lose out on many fine candidates, but they also sap more money via deposit than most other schools in an attempt not to lose people as well.