NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osteoluv

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please give me some info on NYCOM (how hard is it to get in, curriculum rating, ect.)
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Osteoluv,

I got a catalog of NYCOM this summer. They have a very strong program, I am especially impressed with their hospital affilations. Two of their main teaching hospitals are affiliated with NYU and Cornell Medical College. They definitely have a top rate program, tons of clinical faculty. But it is very hard for an out-of-stater to get in, I believe NYCOM gets a lot of state funding. Barron's Book on Medical Schools reports that only 1 out-of-stater got in last year. Good luck.

EDGAR

NYCOM has a very strong program. They are re-doing part of their campus and will soon expand their entering class by about 40 or so. I'm pretty sure they have the largest internship program of any of the schools(or close to it) b/c of their numerous affiliations. It is rough if you're not a NY resident, but i know someone who has an interview their in mid-December and they live in Jersey. Also (I'm not 100% clear on how this works but...) you are almost guarnteed a residency in one of their affiliates. As far as rotations, I was told that you choose about 3 or 4 hospitals per rotation and they are then determined randomly. Hope that helped a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love to hear some info too. Applied there as a former NYC native; have not heard back.

Status
Not open for further replies.