Nycom!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwi219

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just received a letter today from NYCOM informing me that I have been selected for an interview!!!!!! I'm VERY excited because this is my first choice and my first interview!!!!

:D

I'm sooooooo nervous and I haven't even scheduled my interview yet! Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanx,
Maria

Members don't see this ad.

forward it to me please!

Good luck on your interview! NYCOM was definitely my most comfortable interview...the interviewers actually looked at you while you are talking instead of just checking off your sheet...they also didn't seem too rushed...and the ambassadors that have lunch with you were VERY helpful and nice.

The one thing that I encourage anyone interviewing is to actually sit in on a class and/or talk to the students. Although I didn't get to do that, I am extremely happy with my decision with attending NYCOM (even with our horrible tests starting on Monday!!!)

Good luck on all of your interviews and RELAX!!!

Remember, you are not only trying to sell yourself to them, but more importantly...they are trying to sell themselves to YOU! (You are already "good enough" for them since they are interviewing you!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by WishUponAStar
Congrats on your interview.

NYCOM starts interviewing the second week of October usually, so you are early for them. I also received a letter with an interview invitation. I got it in the mail today.

Isn't that a hoot? I'm already in medical school at PCOM. I don't know what they were thinking. I'm going to call them and tell them I'm too busy to make the interview because I have to study for finals at PCOM. ;-p

Wish

I would show up at NYCOM wearing a t-shirt and ripped jeans.

Tell them you want to be a doctor so you can get a vanity license plate.

Let me know how it goes.

Hey Wish,

Maybe you should go for that interview. This way you (technically) won't be repeating Anatomy, you'll just be taking it at another Med School.

And, who knows, maybe you can get another award for Middle Dissection of the Year.

Originally posted by kiwi219
Hi all,
I just received a letter today from NYCOM informing me that I have been selected for an interview!!!!!! I'm VERY excited because this is my first choice and my first interview!!!!

:D

I'm sooooooo nervous and I haven't even scheduled my interview yet! Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanx,
Maria
Congratulations!! Just know answer to why you want to attend NYCOM , Why osteopathy and what do you know about osteopathy , and you will be fine.
Goodluck :)

Thank you everyone for your support and great suggestions!
I'll let you know how it goes.

Maria ;)

maria

Seriously now.

My interview at NYCOM last year was pretty non-stress.

The curriculum is tough, but the rotations are great.

I wasn't impressed with the facilities or the attitudes of the students, but the professors and other faculty were awesome. Very nice admissions people.

I chose PCOM for several reasons, but NYCOM was a 2nd choice.

Like someone else mentioned...make sure you know the background behind osteopathy. Know why you want to be a DO and why you want to go to NYCOM.

You fill out your secondary while at the interview and it is basically "Why DO, Why NYCOM?"

Best of luck to you and let us know how it went.

Josh

Hey Wish....

maybe you could dissect out some epiploica also, and save it for chisels pasta.....

you can just tell him ( or her ) that they are buttered garlic balls!

hehehe