NYCPM January semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carrock78

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about NYCPM's January semester? I know that on their website it says that the students who are admitted for january semster have a review of the sciences and then in the fall join the September class.
Has anyone applied for NYCPM's Jan semester or actually been through it?
Thanks! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Carrock78 said:
hi I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about NYCPM's January semester? I know that on their website it says that the students who are admitted for january semster have a review of the sciences and then in the fall join the September class.

yeah, as far as i know, that is just what it is. i got all excited about getting a jump on things, but as i read more about it, it sounds kinda like a special ed course. let us know if you find anything different.

Carrock78 said:

Basically if you entered as a January class you will graduate in 4 1/2 years rather than 4 years. You will be taking some of the classes with the current freshman class when you come in (theses are actual classes that will count toward your graduation, not just review classes). In essence it is a decelerated program....you have an extra semester to finish the 1st year classes. By the fall of your second year you will be back on schedule with the rest of your class.

I am not a January student but I am friends with many of them. Let me know if you have more questions.