NYHQ/Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

malingero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone has any feedback on this IM program. I recently interviewed there and I'm thinking of ranking it as number 1. The program is affiliated with Cornell but I'm not aware to what extent (does it say "cornell on your diploma after you graduate residency?). Any comments will be most welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone has any feedback on this IM program. I recently interviewed there and I'm thinking of ranking it as number 1. The program is affiliated with Cornell but I'm not aware to what extent (does it say "cornell on your diploma after you graduate residency?). Any comments will be most welcomed.
Why does this matter to you? The training and experience makes the doctor - not the piece of paper.

How did you budget for living expenses living in NYC? Where you able to save anything or do most residents live check to check?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does this matter to you? The training and experience makes the doctor - not the piece of paper.
You're right it doesn't. I'm sure NYHQ will give me a great amount of training as a internist. I just want to know the detail because i want to do GI and I think it would give me an edge to have Cornell on the diploma, but then again maybe I'm mistaken and GI looks above the "paper".

That being said, do you think the "training and experience" I will get in NYHQ would make me a great internist?? Thanks again for your input.

Hahaha, I don't think that a fellowship program will be fooled into thinking that you went to Cornell-Presbyterian whether or not you have the word "Cornell" on your diploma.

Believe me, if it were that easy, I would have applied to this NYHQ in a second, cause I didn't get a Cornell-Presbyterian interview myself :laugh:

Hahaha, I don't think that a fellowship program will be fooled into thinking that you went to Cornell-Presbyterian whether or not you have the word "Cornell" on your diploma.

Believe me, if it were that easy, I would have applied to this NYHQ in a second, cause I didn't get a Cornell-Presbyterian interview myself :laugh:
I never intended to imply the GI or Cards programs would be "fooled". They are not 4th graders. I just asked if it helped or if the program has GI matches. At least they have a GI fellowship but only one spot.

In your opinion does NYHQ beats UPMC Mercy Hospital??