NYIT-Arkansas vs. Lecom-Seton Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bluecity

Reaction score
URGENT! Hello, I need help deciding between two schools. Distance from family is not an issue because they are both far away. Thank you.

NYIT-Arkansas

Pros:
  1. P/F
  2. Established school name in New York.
  3. Students seemed genuinely happy to be there during interview day.
  4. No mandatory lecture/dress code.
  5. Good match and board scores.
  6. Newer campus/good facilities.
Cons:
  1. 65K tuition
  2. Rural town
  3. Unsure about rotations (if any current/former students can provide insight)
  4. Unsure about all the research opportunities.
Lecom Seton Hill

Pros:
  1. Cheap tuition (35K)
  2. Strong alumni network
  3. Good match and board scores.
  4. PBL
Cons:
  1. Letter grade (not P/F)
  2. I've heard rotations are getting dropped and students do not receive support for scheduling rotations during 4th year (any current/recent former students can provide insight into this?).
  3. Research opportunities?
  4. Dress code and mandatory lecture are not a big issue because I am in the PBL track.
Pending acceptance/rejection from DMU (60k tuition)

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and insight. Additionally, I would like to message former students about their experience if possible. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Take the lower tuition while you wait to hear from DMU.
Hello, thank you for your response. Do you think the tuition difference (80k not including interest over four years) between DMU and Lecom is worth it? I have not been able to talk to any Lecom students to learn more about the school.

Hello, thank you for your response. Do you think the tuition difference (80k not including interest over four years) between DMU and Lecom is worth it? I have not been able to talk to any Lecom students to learn more about the school.
It is always nice to save the money. DMU is more established and you would be at the Seton Hill campus instead of the main Erie one, so it is worth considering both still.

Reactions: 1 user