DMU vs NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlerosie

Reaction score
Hi! I am trying to decide on a school to pay my December deposit. Thank you for your help!

DMU pros:
- got scholarships
- friendly community and supportive faculty
- great match rate and residency placements
- new building
- very established

Cons:
- people usually matched into the programs in the Rust Belt states but I am from the East coast
- far away from home
- heard that there are some problems with the rotations
- gpa system

NYIT pros:

- close to home
- went to college in nyc, already know the area
- have a higher chance to stay in the east coast after graduation; great residency placements
- better rotation sites
- P/F system

Cons:
- expensive, no scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

What is the total cost difference after scholarships? And are there criteria to renew it if it is not just for the first year (since DMU is graded)?

What is the total cost difference after scholarships? And are there criteria to renew it if it is not just for the first year (since DMU is graded)?
DMU gave me scholarships that cover all tuition, but they don't include room and board and other fees. They are renewable annually as long as I successfully progress to the next grade level.

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU gave me scholarships that cover all tuition, but they don't include room and board and other fees. They are renewable annually as long as I successfully progress to the next grade level.
Easily DMU then. A lot of the people who attend DMU are from the Midwest, so that is likely why the match list is heavily in that area. Both are good schools. DMU is just one of the original DO schools. The new campus they are building might make the experience better too.

Reactions: 1 users
Preferring to match at a certain location is no longer an issue with area and program-specific signaling. So, matching in a different location than your school is not an issue.

With that said, you should absolutely take the free one, especially since the free one is a solid, reputable school.

Reactions: 1 user
Easily DMU then. A lot of the people who attend DMU are from the Midwest, so that is likely why the match list is heavily in that area. Both are good schools. DMU is just one of the original DO schools. The new campus they are building might make the experience better too.
Thank you so much for the insights!

Preferring to match at a certain location is no longer an issue with area and program-specific signaling. So, matching in a different location than your school is not an issue.

With that said, you should absolutely take the free one, especially since the free one is a solid, reputable school.
Thank you!!!